Izotope Trash 2 is out!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just sold my copy of trash 2 for $100 bucks on the market place.

Do i regret it? Not really, it's a great plugin tool but i am more than happy with Fxpansion Maul, Fabfilter Saturn.

For anyone who doesn't have a dedicated distortion, wave shaping, tool I would highly recommend this.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:I just sold my copy of trash 2 for $100 bucks on the market place.

Do i regret it? Not really, it's a great plugin tool but i am more than happy with Fxpansion Maul, Fabfilter Saturn.

For anyone who doesn't have a dedicated distortion, wave shaping, tool I would highly recommend this.
Those are good choices.

I'd probably take Maul first. As 1. it's cheaper as a supplement to Trash 2, and 2. I like the interface, retro styling and nice way shows modulations is reassureing psychologyically speaking.
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

I'm a long time Trash 1 user. It's more or less my main "guitar amp simulator." I just DL'ed the Trash 2 demo. Two questions:
1. Using Sonar X1, Trash 1 recognizes when I change the audio input of the track to mono (right only). How do I get Trash 2 to do the same?

2. Where are the "guitar" presets in the demo? I've messed around myself and gotten some decent sounds, but would like to test it as a guitar amp emulator using presets like those available to Trash 1.

I wasn't really looking to upgrade from Trash 1, but Trash 2 is pretty cool--definitely even more tweakable than the original! Help is appreciated. It will help me make a decision.

-u
"I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time they probably shouldn't." -M. Simpson

I just received a email from Audiodelux who now has Trash 2 at over 50% off. Even more off if you own another Izotope product :o . I already own Trash 2 and love it so the significant discount does'nt benifit me, i just thought others may be interested. Here's a link - http://audiodeluxe.com/products/izotope-trash-2
T2 Icarus is a must. SonicCore SCOPE is the most. As heart of studio it has my vote, cause XITE-1 is all she wrote.

trash 2 is a keeper for me. i've gotten some great sounds out of it and it's played an important role in some tracks.

i have ohmicide etc and they're all very different and have their own signature.

How long is that sale for?

hibidy wrote:How long is that sale for?
Looks to be through June 30.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

Unfocused wrote:I'm a long time Trash 1 user. It's more or less my main "guitar amp simulator." I just DL'ed the Trash 2 demo. Two questions:
1. Using Sonar X1, Trash 1 recognizes when I change the audio input of the track to mono (right only). How do I get Trash 2 to do the same?

2. Where are the "guitar" presets in the demo? I've messed around myself and gotten some decent sounds, but would like to test it as a guitar amp emulator using presets like those available to Trash 1.

I wasn't really looking to upgrade from Trash 1, but Trash 2 is pretty cool--definitely even more tweakable than the original! Help is appreciated. It will help me make a decision.

-u
#1. I think it needs stereo - since cabinet simulation(box models) can use two mikes to create a little room like miked up cabinet.

So set Sonar track to stereo - sending the same signal to left and right.

#2. Used Trash 1 heavily 10 years ago - but don't remember any guitar specific presets at all. There were a collection to download but wasn't to my taste anyway.

What does the most for guitar feel is box models. Just take a preset and switch around with box models to get in the right realm. Then start fixing with the rest.

wesleyt wrote:
hibidy wrote:How long is that sale for?
Looks to be through June 30.
Ah, then it's prolly worth a demo :)

time + space offers a comparable discount for trash2 for the month of june (40% off and even 50% off for registered izotope users).

I like trash 2. I picked it over maul, devastor and saturn.

Very flexible.
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

ive just picked up trash 2 second hand here and i really love it,i tried all the popular ones(saturn,ohmicide,etc) and trash won it for me,9/10

$49 including both expansion packs. I guess there were a few people other than myself who judged the original upgrade price too high :wink:

I'll probably succumb at this price - I'm such a plug-in slut!

I was just making some Trash 2 presets this morning which led me to this Bass Jam - Jaco Bass (Orange Tree) through Trash 2:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/s ... h-bass-jam

Using Trash 2 more and more now. The "saturation - Tape" setting goes on everything now!
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

Return to “Effects”