Tone2 Saurus Teaser - Competition - KVR Giveaway

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Saurus 4

mcnoone wrote: Why would Studio One use more cpu?
it just does, it's very unoptimised particularly on mac. I won't even begin.

On my main machine which is more powerful i've got logic, i haven't sat in front of it for ages cause of my back,

but i'll install logic on the laptop to prove my point.

Studio one has issues unfortunately.
Last edited by ObsoleteAcc99 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaxSynths wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Can anyone on a PC confirm that these parameters are not visible to a host? I know the PC and mac handle these selectors differently.
Here on PC the OSC/filters selectors are visible. I think it's the difference on Mac described by Markus. I'll write a note on it on the Tone2 forum* :tu:

*EDIT: done, posted in the features request section.
Cool, thanks. Seems more like a bug than a feature request, since it's normal on PC. But t hanks for bringing it up.

While you're at it maybe you could request that the swing settings be removed in favor of a simple percentage control. I don't know why they went backwards from ElectraX on that one.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:While you're at it maybe you could request that the swing settings be removed in favor of a simple percentage control.
Mmmm I don't know if this can be changed, I suppose it could create compatibility issues with the already existing patches.

EDIT: posted on Tone2 forum.
Last edited by MaxSynths on Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:.........

Cool, thanks. Seems more like a bug than a feature request, since it's normal on PC. But t hanks for bringing it up.

one would think, but I don't think Markus sees it that way....for some things..... more like an extra feature for PC......
anyway hopefully he is on this one.
rsp

zvenx wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:.........

one would think, but I don't think Markus sees it that way....for some things..... more like an extra feature for PC......
anyway hopefully he is on this one.
rsp
I think there was a problem with the GUI code, or something when trying to get it going on mac, or something to that effect, i'm sure he'll look into it and implement it if he can. :)
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

just thought i post since i did not want it to fade away :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
seriously though saurus is a great synth :love:

One thing I quite don't like about both Saurus and Diva: though both produced by German companies there's no German manual? English is not my first language, I find it tiring to read syntheziser manuals in a foreign language.

That's quite sad. I mean even companies like Propellerhead from Sweden provide a German manual (which is great), but German companies don't anymore?

I also want to post again since it have been so good for me. :D
musisikamar.com

Here are my thoughts, for what's it's worth...

http://waveformless.blogspot.com/2012/0 ... aurus.html

tshear23 wrote:Here are my thoughts, for what's it's worth...

BTW, you can dial in white noise from the mod matrix. Strange that there isn't a knob for it, but it's there :)
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:

BTW, you can dial in white noise from the mod matrix. Strange that there isn't a knob for it, but it's there :)
Yeah, there's a wealth of stuff in the matrix; design-wise, Saurus feels a bit rushed and over-simplified to me. Something like a velocity knob next to the Amp envelope would have been nice... there's lots of little things come to mind that could really speed up the workflow.

Maybe it's because I'm spoiled ever since Synth Squad introduced the transmod system, which is just so brilliant. I hate mod matrices anyway, they're like a bad and unnecessary throwback to hardware synths.

ariston wrote:Saurus feels a bit rushed and over-simplified to me. Something like a velocity knob next to the Amp envelope would have been nice... there's lots of little things come to mind that could really speed up the workflow.
And next to the filter - I was very surprised when this was missing from Electrax; who the f**k wants to mess around with mod matrixes for something that basic?
"What embecile composed this list :/"

ariston wrote:
Sendy wrote:

Yeah, there's a wealth of stuff in the matrix; design-wise, Saurus feels a bit rushed and over-simplified to me. Something like a velocity knob next to the Amp envelope would have been nice... there's lots of little things come to mind that could really speed up the workflow.

Maybe it's because I'm spoiled ever since Synth Squad introduced the transmod system, which is just so brilliant. I hate mod matrices anyway, they're like a bad and unnecessary throwback to hardware synths.
I certainly get the impression they rushed to market. See my earlier post about the sync glitch issues, I'm amazed nobody found this, but then, maybe they didn't get the time to. I put all new synths through a rigourous test before buying, since if I'm putting money into something, I'm going to want to push it as far as I can and have it be dependable.

Still, Saurus has really grown on me, and I started of liking it... so I guess I'm very interested. I find myself playing with the demo a lot.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
ariston wrote:
Sendy wrote:

I certainly get the impression they rushed to market. .
I feel the same way. As is shown by the fact that they didn't bother to fix the mac version to be able to click the waveform that you want directly, instead having to click a box up to 7 times to get to an adjacent setting. They will of course say that it's the Mac OS's fault (despite the fact that clickable settings haven't been a problem before), and then most likely proceed to fix it at a later date.

<off-topic rant> And who the hell wants fixed swing settings?!! Does the whole world write songs in one of 4 swing rhythms? </off-topic rant>
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After programming around 22+ presets with it now I just noticed i reached a new state in my "relation" to Saurus. I am not trying to do any comparisons with other synths anymore and finally i also don't really care anymore which filter models are used. The only thing that matters now is if a certain filter fits better to a certain sound or better a different one. I also found you could get some nice results with the formant/peak filter and i also like the PWM which Saurus could do (opposing to another comment about the PWM in this thread).
I have also done a Sync Lead sound (with Saw + Square) and found nothing there which i would see as a bug or a problem. It's nice to have a third envelope for doing the pitch modulation for such Sync sounds.

I found that Saurus could sound both very warm and "analog like" or digital and harsh which is both great IMO.

It's also great to work with a synth where i don't always have to fear that i max out my CPU when playing many notes at once or using the Unison.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Return to “Instruments”