FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Nokenoku wrote:I used the pitch and note-velocity features of the Step Sequencer in almost every track. I think, it's not a good idea to remove those handy features completely.
Are you saying that I can step-sequence, but CAN'T adjust velocities now?
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

You can't adjust pitch either,
I'm hoping that they either do away with the steps, or re-introduce pitching

@ Reflex

any word on adding multiple time signatures? I know Gol was talking about "possibly" adding some sort of template.

memyselfandus wrote:any word on adding multiple time signatures? I know Gol was talking about "possibly" adding some sort of template.
I don't know what's planned for that atm.

Teksonik wrote: It simply is true for me. I've been an FL owner since back at version 3 or 4 and I've never had a feature request granted although I suppose the new clunky and awkward plugin "management" system could qualify as "adding multiple extra plugin folders".

& what does it have to do with free updates?
Even if you were paying, the few bucks of your update alone wouldn't justify developping something JUST FOR YOU. You'd have to add some more zeroes.
For example I've been asking for multiple soundcard outputs from the Master for years and years....a feature that took another DAW developer less than a day to implement.....and I still can't do it in version 12 even though all the real DAWs I use can easily accomplish this task without clunky workarounds.
FL can't output to several outputs now??

Oh really ? Is this an example ? I've been asking for custom key bindings and midi control for a long time and here's the latest result directed to you at the FL forums
Teksonik wrote:Any chance of getting Midi control of the View Buttons on the toolbars? I like to be able to assign a button on my midi controller to open/close the Mixer, Playlist, and Piano Roll.
No response....not even an acknowledgement that you even understand the request. Thanks for the "help"
MANY times I've answered this and you know it. It's not because you ask 100x that I'm gonna bother answering 100x.

Let's put it bluntly.......FL Studio is going to be developed the way Gol sees fit not how the people who actually use the program want it to develop.
yeah, it's a software company, not a democracy - surprised?
I don't remember anybody asking for skinning to be removed. In fact I do however remember many people asking for full skinning in the past....for the ability to customize FL to look and function the way that's best for them not the way someone who doesn't even use the program dictates.
EVERY phone & tablet, and the new iMac, are over 200/300PPI TODAY. Desktop PC's, only a few yet.
You may be naive & think that it's not gonna change, but it will. It was important to be ready for that, whether you asked for it or not.

Also funny to talk about "dictature" while many users have switched to Mac and the #1 request is a Mac version. Apple, the dictatorship by definition. And if the new iMac has a 200PPI monitor while desktop PC's mostly don't yet, it's because of that dictatorship.
DOLPH WILL PWNZ0R J00r LAWZ!!!!

Teksonik wrote:
KingTuck wrote: Oh come on now. The downside of lifetime free updates? Image-Line! You evil developers! Supplying us with lifetime free updates without meeting every user recommendation for every major update!
Yes downside. As an existing FL user you have no value to IL since you've already paid for the product. Free means nothing if an update has no value. I've said it many many times before I'd much rather pay for updates that bring something I need or want than get free updates that bring absolutely nothing and even take away things people actually do like.
Looking at it that way, you can turn everything into a negative.. even winning the lottery.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

I feel awkward saying this but, uhm, I really really, really like FL 12.

spaceman wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
KingTuck wrote: Oh come on now. The downside of lifetime free updates? Image-Line! You evil developers! Supplying us with lifetime free updates without meeting every user recommendation for every major update!
Yes downside. As an existing FL user you have no value to IL since you've already paid for the product. Free means nothing if an update has no value. I've said it many many times before I'd much rather pay for updates that bring something I need or want than get free updates that bring absolutely nothing and even take away things people actually do like.
Looking at it that way, you can turn everything into a negative.. even winning the lottery.

After your friends and the IRS are through, winning could end up being a bigger stressor than help...

nix808 wrote: I'm hoping that they either do away with the steps, or ...
This would be the end of FL as we know it...

Remember, the speed of creation of SS is what makes FL what it is now... so, FL without SS would be just another DAW.

To a extent I'm with Teksonik here. Even though I consider Image-Line to be among the most customer friendly companies out there, sometimes, I absolutely hate how they treat feature request. And I'm not even talking about being Gol-trolled occasionally, but what makes my sh1t boil, is how often stupid and cumbersome workarounds are pointed out as examples why a particular feature should not be implemented even if every other DAW in the word has already elegantly implemented the same feature. These suggested workarounds most often makes as much sense as pulling ones teeth out through the bottom.

Also I'm often dumbfounded how people who are asking more professional features like multiple time signatures, better midi implementation and things like that are treated with contempt. In a sense it's not surprising that FL Studio is still considered to be a kid's DAW in the professional community.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of feature request are not implemented because under the hood FL Studio's code is old and rusty and too much locked into it's old FruityLoops pattern based mindset and Image-Line does not have proper resources to do a necessary rewrite either. So I do not hold my breath that FL Studio will ever get some of the much needed professional features that every other modern DAW in the world can do with ease. And it obviously means that FL Studio will always need another proper DAW beside it.
No signature here!

You mean like people find out that it's a software company, not a democracy after purchasing? Do you think that every software company has to be run like a democracy for their user base?

Btw, the fact that most people complaining about the lack of community proximity actually know most of the devs by their first name is pretty telling. :lol:

I still have my license from 2002... that's pretty cool. However I don't use the program as it's just too weird. Will load the latest if I fire up one of my old PCs again to test. Maybe?

8)

Can I just say: I really like FL12. I still switch between DAWs, and have things I'd like to be different, but out of all the recent versions, I really like the improvements and changes in 12. It feels like a serious refresh.

Sincerely, thank you Gol (and the rest of the team). Keep doing what you do, because a lot of us value it greatly.

reflex wrote:Yes, it has been requested a lot. It's not something we'll implement. Sorry.
I am not asking for full skinning (wouldn't be possible with the new vectorial GUI anyways).

But why not allowing the user to change some colors?
I mean, those colors are currently stored in the code.
Why not just store them in an editable config-file?

I am not asking for a sophisticated integrated color-change-feature.
A simple config file would be good enough.

Also I just noted something in one of the demo-tracks (Chris Bulman & Sarju Jagai - No Escape.flp):
col.png
Two of the mixer-tracks are colored blue on the whole track.
With "Rename / color..." however it's only possible to change the bit on top.

So how do I change the color of the whole track?
Being able to do this, will probably help immensely to seperate tracks better from eachother.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nokenoku wrote:
reflex wrote:Yes, it has been requested a lot. It's not something we'll implement. Sorry.
I am not asking for full skinning (wouldn't be possible with the new vectorial GUI anyways).

But why not allowing the user to change some colors?
I mean, those colors are currently stored in the code.
Why not just store them in an editable config-file?

I am not asking for a sophisticated integrated color-change-feature.
A simple config file would be good enough.

Also I just noted something in one of the demo-tracks (Chris Bulman & Sarju Jagai - No Escape.flp):
col.png
Two of the mixer-tracks are colored blue on the whole track.
With "Rename / color..." however it's only possible to change the bit on top.

So how do I change the color of the whole track?
Being able to do this, will probably help immensely to seperate tracks better from eachother.
+1
[Insert Signature Here]

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”