VB3: needs bugfix?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

electrosim2001 wrote:Hi Carpenzano,
Tried to extract file, but Winzip reported that the file was part of a spanned zip file and that I should use the last disk of the set.

I recently also found a copy of Nubi organ on the web, and that zipped file reported the same message.

Regards, Thomas.
Strange... I can download it. The messagge you refer to means that, for some reasons, you're not able to download the whole file. If you let me know your e-mail address I'll send it to you.
Bye.
Giovanni

Has anyone tried Giovanni's VB3 controller yet?

dnsmo wrote:Has anyone tried Giovanni's VB3 controller yet?
I tried it but couldn't get it to work properly.

I wrote to Giovanni but didn't get a reply so I'm not sure whether he's away or not. I found that I could get lower A drawbars to work but upper bars continued to work as well.

The idea is good so hopefully it will work eventually.
I imagine that it could be incorporated directly into VB3.

Thomas.

electrosim2001 wrote:I tried it but couldn't get it to work properly.
I wrote to Giovanni but didn't get a reply so I'm not sure whether he's away or not. . I found that I could get lower A drawbars to work but upper bars continued to work as well.
Sorry Thomas, but I haven't received your mail.
VB3 Controller works well in my experience. If upper and lower drawbars works at the same time maybe it's because you are using VSTHost: in this case you have to avoid that the midi flow comes to VB3 at the same time from VB3 Controller and from VSTHost midi input; be sure that all VB3 "Midi Input Devices" are disabled (open Plugin/Midi Devices/Midi Input Devices and click on the enabled device(s) while pressing ctrl key of your PC keyboard).
Let me know if you meet any problem.
Bye
Giovanni

Hi Giovanni,

Yes, I am using VSThost. Thanks for the information.
Looking forward to giving it another go.

Very best regards, Thomas.

electrosim2001 wrote: The idea is good so hopefully it will work eventually.
I imagine that it could be incorporated directly into VB3.
Guido, any royalty for me? :wink:
Giovanni

electrosim2001 wrote:Hi Giovanni,
Yes, I am using VSThost. Thanks for the information.
Looking forward to giving it another go.
Very best regards, Thomas.
Hi Thomas. What about VB3 Controller? :roll:
Bye
Govanni

VB3 1.2 Officially released

Thank you all for your support :hail:

Wohoooo!!!

Downloading now!

Thanx!
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

Awesome, you've really excelled yourself with this update Guido! :) Can't wait for the Mr Ray MkII bugfix update now, that GUI bug is driving me mad!!

Keep up the good work!

Tren

ZioKiller wrote:VB3 1.2 Officially released

It sounds stunning and I couldn't be any more delighted! Seriously, absolutely fantastic work Guido. I just purchased it.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
ZioKiller wrote:VB3 1.2 Officially released

It sounds stunning and I couldn't be any more delighted! Seriously, absolutely fantastic work Guido. I just purchased it.
Could a new thread be started now?

"Virtual Tonewheel Organ VB3 1.2 is Stunning."

It would be nicer to see than VB3 needs bugfix,

There may be some new issues to discuss, like which rotary speaker do you prefer and what settings are you using?

dnsmo wrote:Has anyone tried Giovanni's VB3 controller yet?
I have been testing Giovanni's VB3 Controller and it is nearing its final beta. Giovanni has been burning the midnight oil and come up with a really, really, useful tool so that one set of physical drawbars can be set to operate any of VB3's set of drawbars.

The program also has other useful features too.

I thought that maybe it might be too complex for easy use, but in practice it is very easy to get the hang of.

It will be well worth its cost when the final version is available.

Thomas.

electrosim2001 wrote: I thought that maybe it might be too complex for easy use, but in practice it is very easy to get the hang of.

It will be well worth its cost when the final version is available.

Thomas.
Thanks for the followup, Thomas. I don't yet have a PC in my music studio, just a non-Intel Mac. But, that's about to change soon and I'll be eager to try Giovanni's controller with VB3 using my XK System organ.

Dennis

Thanks for the followup, Thomas. I don't yet have a PC in my music studio, just a non-Intel Mac. But, that's about to change soon and I'll be eager to try Giovanni's controller with VB3 using my XK System organ.

Dennis[/quote]

Hi Dennis,

Unfortunately, the XK-3 drawbars are not something that the Controller will accomodate. XK-3 has a system peculiar to Hammond-Suzuki, where all the drawbars, Upper, Lower, and bass use just one midi cc# each, rather than each drawbar having its own separate number.

There is a hardware device that will convert the XK-3 drawbars to whatever regular numbers that you want available from www.ashbysolutions.com

Maybe Giovanni could design a software program to do the same.

Thomas

Return to “Instruments”