Best Delay Plugin?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure about the best but I like Replika and D16 Repeater a lot

gjunk wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:54 am Not sure about the best but I like Replika and D16 Repeater a lot
Replika XT and Repeater are two very nice all-rounders indeed. 8)

Still you may want to check out the delays made by AudioThing, Audiority and WavesFactory.

chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:58 pm You can get Replika XT for 34,50 € now, so, that would definitely be my recommendation.
Please don´t do that.

First get Komplete Start. It is free and Replika (the lite version) is included.

And then upgrade Replika to Replika XT for only $14.50.

For $14.50, I highly recommend Replika XT.

My usual delays are Color Copy, Sandman Pro and Replika XT.

Where can I find this Replica XT Upgrade?
Find my (music) related software projects here: github.com/Fannon

Fannon wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:46 am Where can I find this Replica XT Upgrade?
If you have Replika in your account and are logged in in NI shop, the update option is automatically selected after you click buy now.

XorXisT wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:36 am
chk071 wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:58 pm You can get Replika XT for 34,50 € now, so, that would definitely be my recommendation.
Please don´t do that.

First get Komplete Start. It is free and Replika (the lite version) is included.

And then upgrade Replika to Replika XT for only $14.50.
Oh... right. That's the better way then. :)

gjunk wrote: Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:54 am Not sure about the best but I like Replika and D16 Repeater a lot
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Id have to agree with this. Along with UAD Tape Echo and the stock delays in most daws id say thats all you need

I've tried the vast majority and for my liking I think Replika XT is the best workhorse for delays. I tried Valhalla Delay, and the options and price is great but somehow I never gelled with Valhallas products.

Ableton Live's Echo and Delay are enough for me. But, if I have to use an external plugin, ValhallaDelay would be my choice.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just bought ReplikaXT yesterday for that $35 sale (yeah I could get it cheaper as above, but don’t want all the other crap that goes with it and $35 is good value imo). Dunno what took me so long, loving it already. Mainly I want something for dub with filtered feedback and it's perfect for that but finding it can do pretty much everything. Straight forward to use too, it's a well designed GUI. I always liked Cubase Multitap but it's way too convoluted for it's own good and filters are limited to lfo only. I'll still be using Valhalla delay (great for clean style delays imo) but definitely fell in love with Replika. :love:

[warning : self-ad] Less expensive than Replika, if VST2 and AU are enough for you, is Echobis. Different set of functions though. https://nusofting.com/plugins/echobis-double-delay

For all purpose workhorse delay usage, Replika-XT or Valhalla Delay. Both great, overall I think I prefer Replika because it has a resonant filter that can be inside the feedback loop, plus some very easy to use pitch effects.

For colored, vintage tape delay, Softube Tape Echoes -- I've owned nearly every 'space echo' type plugin out there, and Tape Echoes is, imho, absolutely the best of them, sound-wise. I use it constantly.

Pług&Mix Echoflex. It sits immediately right in the mix.
First and foremost: We need great songs (again)

mholloway wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:33 pm For colored, vintage tape delay, Softube Tape Echoes -- I've owned nearly every 'space echo' type plugin out there, and Tape Echoes is, imho, absolutely the best of them, sound-wise. I use it constantly.
viewtopic.php?p=8165611#p8165611

:lol: It's okay to change your mind. :)

Tape Echoes sounds and looks nice, but it lacks featurewise imo. Bought it once for only 15 euro, but still returned it, because there are other good sounding tape delays that can do more. And Softube doesn't strike me as a company that is open for feature requests, so... I rather combine their Dirty Tape* plugin with a more capable delay plugin. And even then it bugs me that you can't control each effect of the Dirt knob separately.

* You can get Dirty Tape for free quite often, at the moment with any purchase at audiodeluxe.com for example.

For me it's got to be Echobode & Dirty Delay.
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”