Please Welcome Our Brand New Plug-In: Blue Cat's Connector!

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Connector

Here's a new video tutorial explaining how to connect Pro Tools and Logic together with Connector:
Sending MIDI and audio back and forth between Pro Tools and Logic

Enjoy!

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 3:32 am
machinesworking wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:59 am Just an FYI for people, I was able with the latest version of Connector to get MainStage talking to other DAWs like Live and DP. :)
Nice! Anything particular we should know about it to set things up?
I'll take a look, but it really seems like something changed with the latest version as far as MainStage is concerned. It's a perfect combination though, since MainStage is dirt cheap and comes with all the Logic instruments, if you're using any other DAW and have a Mac you can get Alchemy back for what? $30 and a copy of Connector! :clap:

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:28 am Well, the issue is that Connector is not compatible with these two antique operating systems, so I am afraid it will not help you.
just read the Virtual Audio Cable freeware v3 manages to do just that. i wonder if they got some ninja coders that picked up on the vintage digital audio movement ... too bad i loved blue cat. but so far i cant even rename controls in patchwork... just says control 1-99? thats not a convenient way to automate in 2022.. with post its on my screen

hiroshige123 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:46 am just read the Virtual Audio Cable freeware v3 manages to do just that. i wonder if they got some ninja coders that picked up on the vintage digital audio movement
no, they started development on VAC 20 years ago; I was using it when this forum was new. VAC3 is an old version. VAC4 is the current one.

also, VAC3 isnt actually a plugin, and is an intel, windows-only application; it doesnt run on Macs, let alone ppc and OS9.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I am not really sure you can still find easy ways to build software for OS9!

hiroshige123 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:46 am too bad i loved blue cat. but so far i cant even rename controls in patchwork... just says control 1-99? thats not a convenient way to automate in 2022.. with post its on my screen
If you follow us on social media you may see that we are actually working on this topic right now :-)

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 7:37 am I am not really sure you can still find easy ways to build software for OS9!
Well it was possible some decades ago, and there is SheepShaver the emulator which should be able to run all development tools from Apple at that time… I guess you could even program for an Apple ][ with Apple Pascal…
But this would be only interesting for computer archeologists I guess…

blue cat had some freeware stuff that ran on powerpc once so i hope my old G4 mac mini can run connector one day and bring back those cool powerpc only plugins to us

bluecat? powerpc on a more recent os x?

Its easier to connect just a cheap audio interface and route analog…
I can’t imagine that its easy to compile a 2022 plugin for a 20 year old OS…
Btw. You can run PPC only apps/plugins in a virtual machine running Snow Leopard with Rosetta 1… Its also magnitudes faster than the original machines…

Back-porting software to antique systems is just a daunting task, so it is definitely a no-go! :-)

SolarAxix wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 4:42 am
Blue Cat Audio wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:37 am
David-san wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:18 am From the first feedbacks I have from Gig Performer users, Connector seems to work very well. Any plan to extend this approach to the iPad? (competitors like Studiomux or MusicIO are by far not reliable enough for music on stage).
We currently have no plans for iOS, but who knows. If the intent is to deliver audio thru Wifi, there is however no chance that you can get reliable streaming.
I want to add my vote for iOS support. Pretty much all current iOS devices support the use of an Ethernet adapter either directly with a USB-C adapter on current gen iPad Air and iPad Pro tables and other devices with the camera connection kit (USB 3 version with a lightning port for additional power works the best unless using a powered USB hub). This should be more than enough to provide low-latency network connectivity to pass audio back and forth.

And there could still be some value for midi-only transfers over wireless too (either to or from another PCs/Macs or between iOS devices).
Blue Cat Audio Connector or the new Fader Hub for iOS on the iPad/iPad Pro would be awesome! Please, do it if you can, Blue Cat Audio!
I'm thinking of the following situation: You have a great home studio, but you only have one room available and no vocal booth. You would like to leave the singer alone in the room during the recording. What if it would be able to sit in the living room and use the iPad as a remote control in any DAW (sure, that already exists!) - but, with the help of a connector or fader hub, you could also use the internal iPad mic or the mic from the Airpods as a "talkback", right? Of cause it's already possible with another computer, but with an iPad it would be more comfortable. 8)

It works pretty well with a Windows tablet too :-)

Blue Cat Audio wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 2:33 pm It works pretty well with a Windows tablet too :-)
Well, that's nice for any Windows user. Congrats! :) But if my whole studio is Mac-centric, I obviously don't want to infest it with a Windows tablet. :?

11arts wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:14 pm Well, that's nice for any Windows user. Congrats! :) But if my whole studio is Mac-centric, I obviously don't want to infest it with a Windows tablet. :?
:lol:

Three questions:

• What is the internal resolution (and also input/output resolution) of this plugin: 32-Bit FP or 64-Bit FP?

• Can you use it in a virtual machine and then route the signal back to the main OS (host)? Say you have Nuendo on your main OS, you also have a virtual machine installed on the same computer with a second copy of your Nuendo installed on said virtual machine. Can the signal from Nuendo on the virtual machine be sent to Nuendo on the host OS? Is that even possible?

• Is there a guarantee of bit-perfect transfer? How would one check if the transfer was bit-perfect?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”