Official Serum thread!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

bitcrusher wrote: S&H LFO is actually planned, my plan as of now is to add a switch to the Chaos1 and Chaos2 LFO's to allow them to function in a S&H capacity.
Serum | Xfer Records
I've now added this S&H mode for the Chaos oscillators in the latest beta for reg'd users - top of the Serum forum, on www.xferrecords.com

Steve

Steve, what about Alternate function as modulation source? is it at least in a plans?

bitcrusher wrote:
bitcrusher wrote: S&H LFO is actually planned, my plan as of now is to add a switch to the Chaos1 and Chaos2 LFO's to allow them to function in a S&H capacity.
Serum | Xfer Records
I've now added this S&H mode for the Chaos oscillators in the latest beta for reg'd users - top of the Serum forum, on http://www.xferrecords.com

Steve
Yes! More glitches in FM mode, but probably not only. Can't wait what S&H does with wavetables or warps ^^

Long life Serum!
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

bitcrusher wrote:
Serum | Xfer Records
I've now added this S&H mode for the Chaos oscillators in the latest beta for reg'd users - top of the Serum forum, on http://www.xferrecords.com

Steve
Brilliant, thank's for the evolution!

bitcrusher wrote:
Serum | Xfer Records

Steve
stupid question sorry :(
what is S&H Mode and chaos oscillators? :D

i enjoy this synth a lot and also do sound design and learn much better with this cause of the visuality etc.! this is very noobfirendly!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote: stupid question sorry :(
what is S&H Mode and chaos oscillators? :D

i enjoy this synth a lot and also do sound design and learn much better with this cause of the visuality etc.! this is very noobfirendly!
Take an init patch. Go to the mod matrix. Select Chaos1 as SOURCE. Drag the amount to something like +50. Set the Destination as Global > Mast Tun. Set type to Bipolar. You will hear what it is doing, basically constantly changing to a random frequency. You can then go to the GLOBAL tab and at the top left you will see the controls for Chaos1. Go ahead and click on S&H and you will immediately hear the difference. It will be going to a random frequency, holding for a moment, and then going to another random frequency.

Steve, what about Alternate function as modulation source? is it at least in a plans?
It will get added, not sure exactly when, but it's ended up on the short list!

Steve
Serum | Xfer Records

Just a heads up, Groove3 have added a Serum tutorial.

Very good for beginners, takes you by the hand bit by bit.

do you have a link for that?
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

afcollett wrote:Just a heads up, Groove3 have added a Serum tutorial.

Say what? :?: Steve already has great video walkthroughs/tutorials :tu: And they're free. I must applaud Steve for this. Why would you need/want to pay for something that is already on youtube and from the creator himself. I found out everything that I need to know about Serum from his tutorials.

any links to those tutorials on youtube

stikygum wrote:
afcollett wrote:Just a heads up, Groove3 have added a Serum tutorial.

Say what? :?: Steve already has great video walkthroughs/tutorials :tu: And they're free. I must applaud Steve for this. Why would you need/want to pay for something that is already on youtube and from the creator himself. I found out everything that I need to know about Serum from his tutorials.

For subscribers :D and -

Anybody that is quite new to programming synths (like me)

The tutorial assumes you know nothing, combined with Serums visual GUI it is excellent.

I applaud Steves tutorials as well and for many these will prove good enough.

For the rest you will find the groove 3 tutorials invaluable.

I've been trying the demo and noticed that changing presets takes a few seconds, almost like a lag. Is this fixed in the actual released version?

Return to “Instruments”