Wave Designer 0.3.10 / Customer Discounts / Tone2 Crossgrades Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

As a producer, sound designer and/or musician, would this application be useful in your current workflow or creative process?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes: 182

RELATED
PRODUCTS

so just to clarify - owners of the producer or developer plan will receive this for free?

mypetsmeagol wrote:so just to clarify - owners of the producer or developer plan will receive this for free?
It will be available for Developer's license holders, not the producer license.

From the current pre-order users, the most requested feature inclusions thus far:

1. Node Editing
2. Import / Crop
3. Freehand Editing

Next in line:

4. Extended Sample Export (1s, 2s, etc)
5. SFZ / SF2 Mapping
6. Random Waveform Generation

Yes, the node editing could be very interesting... If the term "node" is used here as I think it is, then this will be used to produce (partial) standing wave from the opposing wave(s)? Will it have the sw ratio? And can this be used as a formula in this tool?

zorniko wrote:Yes, the node editing could be very interesting... If the term "node" is used here as I think it is, then this will be used to produce (partial) standing wave from the opposing wave(s)? Will it have the sw ratio? And can this be used as a formula in this tool?
The term "node" in this case, would be similar to a bezier curve. I'm not quite sure what the "sw ration" is (no coffee yet..). You will be able to choose between either formula editing or node editing, but only one at a time. At least for now. Freehand would also be a separate editing mode too, once that is looked into further.

Any chance of individual versions of this for particular formats? For instance, a Zebra version that only exports to the h2p format. and price it low (say 20 dollars) ?

VitaminD wrote:Any chance of individual versions of this for particular formats? For instance, a Zebra version that only exports to the h2p format. and price it low (say 20 dollars) ?
Mmm.. Not a bad idea, I'll look into it and see if it would be plausible. It could probably work that way for any plug-in that requires special processing for waveforms (Alchemy, Zebra, etc) :)

Hey,

I did not read all pages, sorry, so here my 2 cents:

I'd like to see an import function (as stated in pre-order).

My vision is, that the imported sincle cycle will be displayed in the background (lower opacity), and the engine tries to rebuild it as close as possible with the possibility to work on it with bezier curves. OR, if this is too heavy, put the imported waveform in the background, so I can redraw the waveform in node view!

However... it's pre-ordered so far :)

Sushimaster wrote:My vision is, that the imported sincle cycle will be displayed in the background (lower opacity), and the engine tries to rebuild it as close as possible with the possibility to work on it with bezier curves. OR, if this is too heavy, put the imported waveform in the background, so I can redraw the waveform in node view!
Good thoughts for sure, importing/cropping is a high priority at this point and I'll keep everyone up to date as to the progress of each feature inclusion :)

Idea:

Oatmeal comes with a wave creator which already includes a lot of the requested advanced features. Since the dev is currently giving the whole synth away for free, maybe some sort of deal can be arranged?

Of course i dont know how much work it would be to 'rip' only the wave creator out of Oatmeals source, (or if its possible at all, after all there could be a ton of issues standing in the way), but if it is possible, and you can make a deal with the dev, you would have a pretty solid base with a lot of stuff already implemented to build on...

ENV1 wrote:Of course i dont know how much work it would be to 'rip' only the wave creator out of Oatmeals source, (or if its possible at all, after all there could be a ton of issues standing in the way), but if it is possible, and you can make a deal with the dev, you would have a pretty solid base with a lot of stuff already implemented to build on...
Unfortunately Oatmeal is written in C++ (IIRC), while this tool is written in Delphi. If I get a few minutes, I'll shoot fuzz a message and see if there isn't something algorithmically that can translate..

rlahalla excuse me, I missed the opportunity to add my cravings specification
during my pre order, is that the plugin will work on sub bass waves?
I know some techniques introduce a small harmonic distortion in the bass frequencies.

rlahalla wrote:I'm not quite sure what the "sw ration" is (no coffee yet..).
SW ratio is Standing Wave Ratio.
ENV1 wrote:Idea:

Oatmeal comes with a wave creator which already includes a lot of the requested advanced features. Since the dev is currently giving the whole synth away for free, maybe some sort of deal can be arranged?

Of course i dont know how much work it would be to 'rip' only the wave creator out of Oatmeals source, (or if its possible at all, after all there could be a ton of issues standing in the way), but if it is possible, and you can make a deal with the dev, you would have a pretty solid base with a lot of stuff already implemented to build on...
Yes, pretty decent set of options in Oatmeal, including:

- drawing
- spectral mode
- generation of random waveforms
- "magnitude above, phase below"
- remove DC offset, rescale
- soften
- contracts peaks
- expands peaks
- FM
- spectral blur, etc.

And you can audit your edits in realtime, i.e. hold a key, draw, and hear the result as you draw.

If Oatmeal had an export function it would be a perfect tool for custom wave creation...

ENV1 wrote:And you can audit your edits in realtime, i.e. hold a key, draw, and hear the result as you draw.

If Oatmeal had an export function it would be a perfect tool for custom wave creation...
Yes...

Anyway, there is always render and edit ;)

Return to “Instruments”