FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

reflex wrote:
memyselfandus wrote:any word on adding multiple time signatures? I know Gol was talking about "possibly" adding some sort of template.
I don't know what's planned for that atm.
Thank you

reflex wrote:
Tjivory wrote:I already have all my plugs organized into specific folders for each type. Is there a way fl studio can read them at a folder level to display.
Not really, but I'll think about it for a future version of the plugin scanner (no guarantee it will be added though).
This would be nice. Just drag n drop the vst folder to browser and pick vst's from there. How about making a poll about this at imageline forums if this great workflow improvement isn't enough? :)

Nokenoku wrote:I used the pitch and note-velocity features of the Step Sequencer in almost every track. I think, it's not a good idea to remove those handy features completely.
I used them on every track too.. I also miss that loop button from sequencer. Really annoying that those 3 features were removed :(

Yes, that said, velocity and pitch are still editable.
It's just one click more. Not cool, but also not a deal-breaker.

What "loop button"?

robotmonkey wrote: Also I'm often dumbfounded how people who are asking more professional features like multiple time signatures, better midi implementation and things like that are treated with contempt. In a sense it's not surprising that FL Studio is still considered to be a kid's DAW in the professional community.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of feature request are not implemented because under the hood FL Studio's code is old and rusty and too much locked into it's old FruityLoops pattern based mindset and Image-Line does not have proper resources to do a necessary rewrite either. So I do not hold my breath that FL Studio will ever get some of the much needed professional features that every other modern DAW in the world can do with ease. And it obviously means that FL Studio will always need another proper DAW beside it.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

alvfaria wrote:
robotmonkey wrote: Also I'm often dumbfounded how people who are asking more professional features like multiple time signatures, better midi implementation and things like that are treated with contempt. In a sense it's not surprising that FL Studio is still considered to be a kid's DAW in the professional community.

I'm pretty sure that a lot of feature request are not implemented because under the hood FL Studio's code is old and rusty and too much locked into it's old FruityLoops pattern based mindset and Image-Line does not have proper resources to do a necessary rewrite either. So I do not hold my breath that FL Studio will ever get some of the much needed professional features that every other modern DAW in the world can do with ease. And it obviously means that FL Studio will always need another proper DAW beside it.
Such utter twaddle. Honestly.

Any DAW is quite capable of producing professional results.

The only 'toys', are those people who find the need to constantly complain about things they have either never paid for, or have paid for *knowing* exactly what they do.

Professionals just get on and do the job with whatever is available.

Lejurai wrote:
reflex wrote:
Tjivory wrote:I already have all my plugs organized into specific folders for each type. Is there a way fl studio can read them at a folder level to display.
Not really, but I'll think about it for a future version of the plugin scanner (no guarantee it will be added though).
This would be nice. Just drag n drop the vst folder to browser and pick vst's from there. How about making a poll about this at imageline forums if this great workflow improvement isn't enough? :)
Yeah, this would probably work for me too. It would still not be as good as VSTHosts method, (and come to think of it, i believe Orion had it just like that too), but at least our folderstructures would remain intact, which im sure is important to many people.

As for the browser doubles i mentioned a couple of days ago; i couldnt check this anymore since i had already removed the demo. I reinstalled it later to see if there is a way to create the phenomenon at will, but i was only able to get it to occur one more time. (See screenshot.) After that i tried every conceivable combination for circa 30-40 minutes but it never occured again. My conclusion is therefore that it might only happen on a fresh installation (and then only once) because the fact that both installations were fresh when it happened seems to be the only commonality. (I didnt feel like un- and reinstalling again since it takes quite some time until the installation finishes.) So thats all the info i can give you on this issue.

click for fullsize

alvfaria wrote:

Another anti-Delphi rant.... :lol: :lol:

To some of you it will always be seen as a toy....good grief. :dog:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

I couldn't care less if it's seen as a "toy" or not. Either way, it's an amazing music making software, "professional" (whatever that word means) or not. It doesn't need to emulate others, or to look like excel spreadsheets, or to look like wannabe hardware racks. FL Studio is unique. It's different. It's fun. And it's loyal to its own vision only. And to me, it really is a fast lane from my brain to the speakers. However, I understand some people don't like it. And that's fine. But when they come to whine and hate with a passion to this thread or others about FL Studio, I don't understand...do these whining, grammy-winning, multiplatinum-selling producers love it or not? I don't like other programs, I don't give a flying fcuk about them, but I don't bother to waste everybody's time and go whine endlessly in their forums. Losers mentality. Blaming the tools instead of their own incompetence.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I have worked on numerous of daws in various artists studios and to be honest most of them lacked features FL Studio has wich defines to me that FL Studio is a "pro" software.

So the lack of those features in other DAWs must mean they are actually TOYS?

I would like to ask some of the professionals what does define a DAW as a "pro" ?

:bang: I'm here to tell you what. This thing going on with the damn mod wheel is something else. What's the point of it not being detected automatically? I just don't get it..

ls1xxx wrote::bang: I'm here to tell you what. This thing going on with the damn mod wheel is something else. What's the point of it not being detected automatically? I just don't get it..
Is it very hard to click in the 'multilink to controllers' button, tweak the software control you want to link, and then move the mod wheel in your midi controller? Easy. If you are lazy, you can even create a template, so you don't have to do this twice or every time you start with a project.

Yorrrrrr wrote:
ls1xxx wrote::bang: I'm here to tell you what. This thing going on with the damn mod wheel is something else. What's the point of it not being detected automatically? I just don't get it..
Is it very hard to click in the 'multilink to controllers' button, tweak the software control you want to link, and then move the mod wheel in your midi controller? Easy. If you are lazy, you can even create a template, so you don't have to do this twice or every time you start with a project.
With FL plugins yes easy. With 3rd party not so much.

Yorrrrrr wrote:
No it's actually very very dumb. And super annoying waste of time. Having to map PitchBend and ModWheel manually for every synth is beyond idiotic. Every other DAW has it right, but no, FL Studio needs to be quirky for the sake of being different. There are plenty of synths that even do not have PitchBend and ModWheel control on their interface but still respond to that data so mapping them is a huge pain in the @ss. In that case you have to find the proper parameter that is often named as something like Parameter 873.
No signature here!

Well said Robot! Thank You! At least someone understands what I'm talking about.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”