FL Studio 12 Released!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

Nah, just map it to the standard mod-wheel midi cc (which you'll find after the synth-specific parameters in the browser. It is clearly labelled.) Make sure you click the "omni" checkbox before moving the modwheel, and that will work on any selected generator.

If you save it as a template as mentioned above, then just start ew projects from that template then you'll always have it mapped.

I don't think I had to do it with the pitch-wheel on mine, but you can do it the same way.

Also aftertouch can be mapped the same way, but it's a bit more fiddly.

I will agree that it's a bit of an unnecessary step, but once done it's done. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind it is. Perhaps they want you to be free to map the modwheel to any cc you like or something...? I'm grasping at that!

It would be cool if they could go through the main basic templates and set that up on them, and then everyone might stop complaining about it.

Maybe.
Q. Why is a mouse when it spins?
A. The higher the fewer.

The_Hidden_Goose wrote:Nah, just map it to the standard mod-wheel midi cc (which you'll find after the synth-specific parameters in the browser. It is clearly labelled.) Make sure you click the "omni" checkbox before moving the modwheel, and that will work on any selected generator.

If you save it as a template as mentioned above, then just start ew projects from that template then you'll always have it mapped.

I don't think I had to do it with the pitch-wheel on mine, but you can do it the same way.

Also aftertouch can be mapped the same way, but it's a bit more fiddly.

I will agree that it's a bit of an unnecessary step, but once done it's done. I'm not sure what the reasoning behind it is. Perhaps they want you to be free to map the modwheel to any cc you like or something...? I'm grasping at that!

It would be cool if they could go through the main basic templates and set that up on them, and then everyone might stop complaining about it.

Maybe.
Complainers will just find other things to complain about. Then, there is Edward....
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Yorrrrrr wrote:I couldn't care less if it's seen as a "toy" or not. Either way, it's an amazing music making software, "professional" (whatever that word means) or not. It doesn't need to emulate others, or to look like excel spreadsheets, or to look like wannabe hardware racks. FL Studio is unique. It's different. It's fun. And it's loyal to its own vision only. And to me, it really is a fast lane from my brain to the speakers. However, I understand some people don't like it. And that's fine. But when they come to whine and hate with a passion to this thread or others about FL Studio, I don't understand...do these whining, grammy-winning, multiplatinum-selling producers love it or not? I don't like other programs, I don't give a flying fcuk about them, but I don't bother to waste everybody's time and go whine endlessly in their forums. Losers mentality. Blaming the tools instead of their own incompetence.
Bravo! :clap:
Well said!
[Insert Signature Here]

:phones:
Last edited by bailees7irish on Fri May 01, 2015 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:I couldn't care less if it's seen as a "toy" or not. Either way, it's an amazing music making software, "professional" (whatever that word means) or not. It doesn't need to emulate others, or to look like excel spreadsheets, or to look like wannabe hardware racks. FL Studio is unique. It's different. It's fun. And it's loyal to its own vision only. And to me, it really is a fast lane from my brain to the speakers. However, I understand some people don't like it. And that's fine. But when they come to whine and hate with a passion to this thread or others about FL Studio, I don't understand...do these whining, grammy-winning, multiplatinum-selling producers love it or not? I don't like other programs, I don't give a flying fcuk about them, but I don't bother to waste everybody's time and go whine endlessly in their forums. Losers mentality. Blaming the tools instead of their own incompetence.
Well said!
Yep. :P I have no idea where all this is coming from anyway. As a hobbyist, i wouldn't even think about spending the small time i invest in my hobby in something i don't like to work with, and then spend even more time complaining about it on the net.

I rather spend my time complaining about the complaining. :hihi:

Nokenoku wrote:What "loop button"?
The one that allowed to have for example 2 bar loop for drums and 8 bars for melodies. Now the drums stop playing after reaching the end when earlier after turning loop on, the drums looped when other lines continued playing.

Wow. Back to the "FL is a toy!" debate. Woulda thought that dumb shit had died years ago.

Don't you people have something better to do then argue about how much of a "toy" you think this software is? Save your outrage for something worth it. Spoiled spoiled spoiled!

bailees7irish wrote:
Well said!
Yep, i agree. :clap:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

ls1xxx wrote:
Yorrrrrr wrote:
ls1xxx wrote::bang: I'm here to tell you what. This thing going on with the damn mod wheel is something else. What's the point of it not being detected automatically? I just don't get it..
Is it very hard to click in the 'multilink to controllers' button, tweak the software control you want to link, and then move the mod wheel in your midi controller? Easy. If you are lazy, you can even create a template, so you don't have to do this twice or every time you start with a project.
With FL plugins yes easy. With 3rd party not so much.
I set my template years ago (time needed 10 seconds or so for mapping the mw..) and never ever think about again. This works for every plugin so your advice for FL plugins is..? .I guess you rather like to rant about something you've heard once then actually using this software?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

KingTuck wrote:Wow. Back to the "FL is a toy!" debate. Woulda thought that dumb shit had died years ago.

Don't you people have something better to do then argue about how much of a "toy" you think this software is? Save your outrage for something worth it. Spoiled spoiled spoiled!
That is just it.

I think it is not a toy at all. I just don't see why there are always FL bashers.

If you want something that works your way go get it!!

Oh...WTH....might as well bring in the whaaaambulance...

Last edited by trimph1 on Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Nowadays people think they are entitled!!! They got "rights"! Business is NOT a democracy. Image Line can develop their product however they like. Go whine to Microsoft or Apple see how far you get. If you don't like the product don't use it. Keep your money in your pocket....and shut the F**K up!!
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

everyone in this thread is a giant nerd.

memyselfandus wrote:everyone in this thread is a giant nerd.
Yea and your one of em. :D

trimph1 wrote:Oh...WTH....might as well bring in the whaaaambulance...

I would have expected a vector image :(

The same whaaaambulance can be shared for the people who cant stand an opinion they dont agree with about software they like. If you want a circlejerk you could use email or something.

I could list all my hardware and software, you could call it all toys til you turned blue. I could care less. It doesnt affect my hardware / software or their functionality at all.

KVR Audio Forum Signature is currently unavailable for your web browser.

xNiMiNx wrote:
trimph1 wrote:Oh...WTH....might as well bring in the whaaaambulance...

I would have expected a vector image :(

The same whaaaambulance can be shared for the people who cant stand an opinion they dont agree with about software they like. If you want a circlejerk you could use email or something.

I could list all my hardware and software, you could call it all toys til you turned blue. I could care less. It doesnt affect my hardware / software or their functionality at all.
You're SO self-righteous... but you couldn't resist the vector dig...whatever!!
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”