UVI Relayer: Precision Creative Delay

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Relayer

jc_vt wrote:Anything new on this? Still crashed Live 9 when I try to load the AU
lnikj wrote:I think it is Olivier's day off today, but I had the same issue in Mountain Lion. He gave me a fix for it a few days ago which I expect he will make publicly available soon.
He is on holiday for 2 weeks, as he wrote above.

Today i was seeing "tape echo" in the color field. Its not in any of the drop down options, so i wondered what i was missing.

For instance if you pull up the preset for "filter warp" , the color option given is "tape echo 3". Maybe it is only specific to that preset? The other thing is that when tape echo 3 IS being shown in the color dialogue box, the left/right arrows wont cycle thru the other options....assuming again, maybe because this color option is only preset specific?
There ya have it...

I wold really like to buy it but I do not like ILok. It feels like as if I as a paying customer am hold as a hostage against the outlaws.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:I wold really like to buy it but I do not like ILok. It feels like as if I as a paying customer am hold as a hostage against the outlaws.
The single activation iLok can be a real pain,but the new system allows for two on computer activations (no dongle) plus an iLok dongle activation. It is also easy to move the activation to a different computer, plus UVI's support is excellent in my experience. I wouldn't let preconceived notions about iLOk prevent you from getting this great effect.

ErikH wrote:I wold really like to buy it but I do not like ILok. It feels like as if I as a paying customer am hold as a hostage against the outlaws.

One of the more ridiculous comments i have heard. Reading this allows me to conclude one of two things, either you dont know anything about ilok at all, and think it sounds cool to repeat things youve heard others say, or you just dont want to pay for software.

In either case it comes off as completely fake.
There ya have it...

agreed... been using ilok for years...and it is NOT a headache at all...it protects the developers from scum. New system with computer activation, not requiring ilok is easy and free. Don't be stupid and don't steal...
Last edited by vastman on Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CLIMATE MUSIC: http://www.tinyurl.com/vastman
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

Must admit I resisted iLok for years but the relayer activation was the smoothest I have experienced, no sooner was it registered on the iLok site (automatically by UVI) it was on my iLok before I even installed the plugin.

aMUSEd wrote:Must admit I resisted iLok for years but the relayer activation was the smoothest I have experienced, no sooner was it registered on the iLok site (automatically by UVI) it was on my iLok before I even installed the plugin.
+1
Years ago it was confusing but they learned and you are right... new system is beyond easy... only people who legitimately might not like them are the thieves that make it hard for developers to stay in business...
SPlt/W10-64/4930K/32G; ARK1/Falcon/Banshee/Gravity/ Capricco&Min/OE1&2/REV/Sig Omni2/Tril/RMX/Alpha/Bravo/Juggs/BFD/ ALL Heavocity&OT/Lota synths&8DIO/Spitf/SL/KH/EW/IK/NI; NOVAX guitars

vastman wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Must admit I resisted iLok for years but the relayer activation was the smoothest I have experienced, no sooner was it registered on the iLok site (automatically by UVI) it was on my iLok before I even installed the plugin.
+1
Years ago it was confusing but they learned and you are right... new system is beyond easy... only people who legitimately might not like them are the thieves that make it hard for developers to stay in business...
iLok owner since 2006 and I hate the system, old and new, but somehow I must be a thief for not liking it. Great logic. :tu:

No problems with ilok...so far anyway. Haven't had any hard drive problems on my music computer. But, in any case, I need to keep better records of what I have and my various passwords,serial numbers, authorization codes, etc. I usually just toss the confirmation emails into my saved folder. If something does go wrong, it might be mess to sort out.

:wink:
바보

elxsound wrote:
vastman wrote:
+1
iLok owner since 2006 and I hate the system, old and new, but somehow I must be a thief for not liking it. Great logic. :tu:
Dude... HOW can you NOT like the current system, which doesn't even require an ilok? I'm sorry, but you are beyond ridiculous...it is NO worse than NI's system. If you are saying you hate ALL copy protection, fine but that just puts you into a category that doesn't consider the impact on others who need to get paid to create the software we love. If a company feels the need to be protected from thievery, this is a pretty painless way to go... couldn't get much better!

I wish we were in a world beyond money. I would snap my fingers for this in a second... And I truely respect those who go out on a limb and resist protection... and those that don't screw them by putting up their goodies for all to get for free...

Whenever someone goes into the guilt trip of "how dare you accuse me.... just because (insert illogical reason here) " I have to question their motives... Fact is, the new system is trouble free, flexible, and slick... and YOU are spreading falsehoods...
:roll:

vastman wrote:
elxsound wrote:
vastman wrote:
+1
Dude... HOW can you NOT like the current system, which doesn't even require an ilok? I'm sorry, but you are beyond ridiculous...it is NO worse than NI's system. If you are saying you hate ALL copy protection, fine but that just puts you into a category that doesn't consider the impact on others who need to get paid to create the software we love. If a company feels the need to be protected from thievery, this is a pretty painless way to go... couldn't get much better!

I wish we were in a world beyond money. I would snap my fingers for this in a second... And I truely respect those who go out on a limb and resist protection... and those that don't screw them by putting up their goodies for all to get for free...

Whenever someone goes into the guilt trip of "how dare you accuse me.... just because (insert illogical reason here) " I have to question their motives... Fact is, the new system is trouble free, flexible, and slick... and YOU are spreading falsehoods...
:roll:
What falsehoods are you accusing me of spreading? Please find them.

You seem to have quite the argument worked up, but if you read any of my posts you won't find any of your comments as relevant replies.

You said "only people who legitimately might not like them are the thieves." The funny thing is that people who download illegitimately, do so without without the bother of copy protection. Just us paying customers who deal with this. So yes, I have an opinion. And yes, mine differs from yours.

If you are sincerely asking what method I prefer, I prefer u-he's method, or Valhalla DSP's method. Serial number, or downloadable key. Works great.

whatever, dude... it's painless... that was my point... I'm not going to clutter up an otherwise good thread any more... I've made my point. Sorry if I offended you.

BTW, Relayer IS awesome! I do wish it had more high frequency spectral control, like Fab's Timeless2, where we can accentuate the upper frequencies (I personally like that for vocals) but I tried using Fab's ProQ2 after relayer which is on a "delay" buss and this works very well... At least the highs are there to bump up...

I own well over a dozen delays and can only see using 3 from this point on, Fab's Timeless2 (wonderfully modulatable and pristine), Relayer (wow! 32 taps, a beautiful and understandable interface and all kinds of goodies), and Boz's Imperial Delay (awesome ducking feature to back off delays whenever source signal like a vocal is present)...

So the claim now is that anybody who doesn't like ilok, now that they have moved to supporting hard drives as well as dongles, is some warez using scumbag?

As I noted above, I finally succumbed to the HD based ilok because Morph 2 and Relayer were too good for me to miss, but the thing that remains a concern for me is if my hard drive crashes or my computer is stolen. I am reliant on the goodwill of UVI and Zynaptiq (who only permit me a single activation) to replace those licenses. Of course, ilok is not alone in this, any form of C-R activation is vulnerable to this problem.

I have been there with this sort of problem years ago. I forgot to deactivate Photoshop before reformatting my hard drive. It took many emails to Adobe, each of which was not replied to for up to a week, before they restored my licence.

I don't know how many times it has to be said on these fora, but Urs has offered for years to make his solutions to software protecton available to other developers.

If taking that view that makes me an obvious thief then you are welcome to come round an audit my hard drive anytime you like.

If the response is 'get a dongle' then I'm sorry, but that doesn't work for me. I'm not a scumbag (well, not for this reason at least!), but a narclopetic old g*t; it's bad enough that I fall asleep and the laptop slides off onto the sofa, it really doesn't need something sticking out of the side of it to snap off. I've been there too unfortunately :(

lnikj wrote:If the response is 'get a dongle' then I'm sorry, but that doesn't work for me. I'm not a scumbag (well, not for this reason at least!), but a narclopetic old g*t; it's bad enough that I fall asleep and the laptop slides off onto the sofa, it really doesn't need something sticking out of the side of it to snap off. I've been there too unfortunately :(
I've been a little worried about this too, only recently having started using ilok on my laptop. I'm thinking about shopping for a usb extender cable to plug the dongle into so it doesn't accidentally get snapped off.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Return to “Effects”