MuLib : MuLab & MUX Modular Community Library

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's great, thanks for your help with multisamplers! I adjusted a "note sustain" response and everything seems to be working fine now. Also added "Velo.Sens. Link" and placed some tiny sliders on the sides (Bus Sends:))
DR32 Update.jpg
I can't see your Mux attached, but looking at the pictures I realised that I didn't take into account FX Buses (I created 4 Group Busses only and linked the sliders to rack outputs). I think I understand your approach better now.

P.S. I'm thinking... how about a separate sub-panel with all the send knobs etc.?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hey Robert..

I didnt attach a mux yet. I will
once i get it more complete.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

How great would this be on a touchscreen!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Hi. I'm making a "Send FX" sub-panel for DR32, maybe this sort of thing can be good for a multi-sampled version as well
FX Sends.jpg
I'm gonna put all "send knobs" into "FX Sends" mux so we could easily accommodate another hundreds meters of wires:))

The sub-panel itself will be essentialy a clone of the main panel with four FX Buses at the bottom and four knobs per pad:
DR32s.jpg
I attached the working version
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pljones wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:25 pm
I still can't think of a way of using a MIDI CC to select between voices (...).
The only module I found that has a "Transpose" parameter exposed is the "Step Sequencer", fortunately, there is a way to make it work as a "voice selector" ie. by mapping it to the CC controller.
Transpose.jpg
In this case, multisamplers (Pads) are loaded with chromatic drum kits (up to 128 voices per pad + velocity layers) and the voice can be selected just by transposing the note. This is where I placed the step sequencer, I tested it and it works...
StepSeq Here.jpg
however, it woud be better to place step sequencers inside muxes with multisamplers

robert_p wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:42 pmThe only module I found that has a "Transpose" parameter exposed is the "Step Sequencer"...
:o :clap: Wow! Nicely done. I'd never have thought of digging that deep. Now if only _that_ were exposed as a module itself. "Note Modifier" doesn't expose "Transpose" or "Velocity (%)" parameters directly... if you connect a "Parameter Event Generator" to it, you can't select either of them as targets.

I linked it directly to the Multi-Parameter Knob, that can be later dragged to the Sample Editor panel:
Transpose Link.jpg
and later, right click on knob context menu and select "map MIDI controller"

The step sequencer has 1 looooong step only, and it transposes notes without affecting their lenght.

pljones wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:52 pm (...) "Note Modifier" doesn't expose "Transpose" or "Velocity (%)" parameters directly (...)
"Step Sequencer" does, and it works:))

Robert DR32 is becoming quite impressive. Bravo. Cant wait to load up and play with the new sends. I really like your implementation and use of space. The version number is quite creative in itself..
Thanks
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Hi, I added "Trigger Timing" to fix potential issues with sequences containing overlapping notes (choke response)
Trigger Timing.jpg
Default value can be adjusted if needed

robert_p wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:46 pm
pljones wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:52 pm (...) "Note Modifier" doesn't expose "Transpose" or "Velocity (%)" parameters directly (...)
"Step Sequencer" does, and it works:))
I used the same way in my drum/ rhythm randomising thing, except I didn't need the cc control, havent tried yours yet, will do when I get time though.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

bibz1st wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 11:43 am I used the same way in my drum/ rhythm randomising thing (...)
That's great! I was also thinking of randomizing notes thru the step sequencer to make a "round robin" voice switching:))

Hi, I attached DR32MS loaded with factory samples:
DR32MS.jpg
32 Muli-Sample Players, up to 61 Voice Zones (range 0-60). Voice selection and randomization controls can be found at the right bottom corner of each pad editor:
Voice Zones.jpg
There are some MIDI grooves inside the MIDI Rack to help with the testing:
MIDI Grooves.jpg
P.S. MIDI Grooves No. 2-30 - I forgot to set loop markers, but there is a easy fix (If you'd like the grooves to play continuously):
Groove Loop.jpg
P.S.2 I attached the update with fixed loop markers:

DR32MS Update: Voice Zone selection saved with the preset loads properly now.

Wow, I didn't bother to try these presets before... Robert, your work is outstanding! So much inspiration for me. MFO9 and DR32MS are my favourites. I also love the front panels, toned down so they are not too harsh on the eyes.

Return to “MUTOOLS”