Cytomic "The Drop" Resonant Filter

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Drop

Mace404 wrote:The authorization information is stored in the roaming part of a user profile and this gives problems with roaming profiles.
I use the same account on different computers in a domain so I can easily sync my settings across multiple systems.
Had to exclude this folder from roaming to prevent activating every time I logged onto another system.

Since it's using machine based variables (I read hard-disk ID somewhere earlier) I think the local part of a user's profile is more suitable for storing this.

I'm sorted for now but something to consider optimizing.
I don't have a lot of experience with how windows handles things, can you please email me to sort this out? www.cytomic.com/contact

If you use a single roaming profile on multiple different machines then you will need to re-auth for each new machine you log into using this profile. A single roaming profile can store multiple authorisations, so you will never need to re-authorize a machine you have already authorised. This is a similar situation as if you log into your account via a virtual machine.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

Hi Andy, in addition to the hp filter 'ringing' bug I've run into issue where the plug-in doesn't recall the setting of the lp filter when loading the project again. Resonance and other stuff are recalled correctly but the lp filter defaults to 20khz. This happens on Ableton Live 8 32-bit, OS X
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

andy-cytomic wrote:I don't have a lot of experience with how windows handles things, can you please email me to sort this out? http://www.cytomic.com/contact

If you use a single roaming profile on multiple different machines then you will need to re-auth for each new machine you log into using this profile. A single roaming profile can store multiple authorisations, so you will never need to re-authorize a machine you have already authorised. This is a similar situation as if you log into your account via a virtual machine.
If more auth's can be stored in the same profile it sounds it should work already.
I do have multiple files in that folder now so I will re-enable the sync and see if it is ok now.
Maybe it only goes wrong the first time and I jumped onto this conclusion too early.
I will try out some more and if it keeps needing re-authorization I will contact you by email.

Mace404 wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:I don't have a lot of experience with how windows handles things, can you please email me to sort this out? http://www.cytomic.com/contact

If more auth's can be stored in the same profile it sounds it should work already.
I do have multiple files in that folder now so I will re-enable the sync and see if it is ok now.
Maybe it only goes wrong the first time and I jumped onto this conclusion too early.
I will try out some more and if it keeps needing re-authorization I will contact you by email.
Yes definitely get in contact if there is an issue and I can clear your authorisation count. I can imagine one situation that that may cause an issue if Windows does something a bit crazy, but I haven't seen it. If it is this problem then I can easily work around the issue with a new release and clear everyone's authorisation count. Any existing versions of course will continue to operate as expected, it would only be the new release that would need to be re-authed if I change how the challenge code is computed.

Laziness withstanding, I didn't peruse this thread too heavily, but I can't determine if 'The Drop' is finished or not? I saw an awesome video on YT of what I assumed was the finished product, but cytomic's website still says v0.9.1. Will there be a full version demo coming our way? I'd certainly like to try the whole shebang before purchasing, though the demo version has already found its way onto serveral tracks and shows no sign of budging...

Not sure if you already have this vid somewhere on this thread but a little reminder never hurt :p
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJi3Za8Sdys

Regardless, phenomenal work!

LuxLucid wrote:Laziness withstanding, I didn't peruse this thread too heavily, but I can't determine if 'The Drop' is finished or not? I saw an awesome video on YT of what I assumed was the finished product, but cytomic's website still says v0.9.1. Will there be a full version demo coming our way? I'd certainly like to try the whole shebang before purchasing, though the demo version has already found its way onto serveral tracks and shows no sign of budging...
Regardless, phenomenal work!
The current version is only available to existing customers. I will add support for both offline authentication and trial authentication over the next week or two. It was both a way of saying thanks to everyone that already bought it, and it meant I could release it earlier since there was less work to do.

Got it, that's totally understandable. After seeing what it can do, I'm pretty convinced, but still am anxious to try it out myself!

Looks like I found an early christmas present :)

Andy, this plugin looks and sounds over the top, congrats on the work!

This seems like something The Tuss would love to twiddle knobs on.

About auth : If I restore a clean image of my Windows PC (Windows and updates, but no VSTs), can I use the same, previous auth considering there's no HW change and it's the same Windows install (an image)? I ask because some plugins still require a new auth. even though it's still the same HW and Windows.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:About auth : If I restore a clean image of my Windows PC (Windows and updates, but no VSTs), can I use the same, previous auth considering there's no HW change and it's the same Windows install (an image)? I ask because some plugins still require a new auth. even though it's still the same HW and Windows.
If you restore your user account and settings to the re-formatted machine then you will be fine.

andy-cytomic wrote:Yes definitely get in contact if there is an issue and I can clear your authorisation count. I can imagine one situation that that may cause an issue if Windows does something a bit crazy, but I haven't seen it. If it is this problem then I can easily work around the issue with a new release and clear everyone's authorisation count. Any existing versions of course will continue to operate as expected, it would only be the new release that would need to be re-authed if I change how the challenge code is computed.
I got it sorted. It indeed works fine with roaming profiles. Were it went wrong is that I was logged in on the same user twice when I installed it. Both saved the roaming profile when logging off and those had the same number (1) of the auth file.
I manually fixed the content of the folder (nifty mechanism with the auth0 file) and let that sync once. Now it goes with fine on 3 different machines.
I think I only used 1 extra activation so am on 4 now while I have 3 systems running. I know where to find you if I upgrade a system :)

Mace404 wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:Yes definitely get in contact if there is an issue and I can clear your authorisation count. I can imagine one situation that that may cause an issue if Windows does something a bit crazy, but I haven't seen it. If it is this problem then I can easily work around the issue with a new release and clear everyone's authorisation count. Any existing versions of course will continue to operate as expected, it would only be the new release that would need to be re-authed if I change how the challenge code is computed.
I got it sorted. It indeed works fine with roaming profiles. Were it went wrong is that I was logged in on the same user twice when I installed it. Both saved the roaming profile when logging off and those had the same number (1) of the auth file.
I manually fixed the content of the folder (nifty mechanism with the auth0 file) and let that sync once. Now it goes with fine on 3 different machines.
I think I only used 1 extra activation so am on 4 now while I have 3 systems running. I know where to find you if I upgrade a system :)
I'll issue an extra auth for you to cover the one you lost. Please email me and I'll sort it out! Also thanks for letting me know it works properly with roaming profiles, that is really useful :tu: www.cytomic.com/contact

Is it officially released or still open beta?

It's still beta
circuit modeling and 0-dfb filters are cool

The Drop is completed but still called beta because it's the first time the completed version has been tried by the masses. Only those who own it can try the finished version. The demo is still the year old version. Still waiting on the new manual.
For me it's good enough to work with and is fantastic.

Return to “Effects”