TAL Sampler

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-Sampler

Only one wish here: Individual outputs for each layer :love:

ere2learn wrote:Does it work like this,

Start/End on the left is for playback,Start/End on the right is for loop points

Can those start/end points be mapped to external control?

Cheers :tu:

Yeah,there is a midi learn function in the top right on the sampler,click a knob move a controller

ere2learn wrote:Yeah,there is a midi learn function in the top right on the sampler,click a knob move a controller
Thanks. Might give the demo a run, then :tu:

TAL on fire lately

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Can those start/end points be mapped to external control?

Cheers :tu:
Yes. But the lengths can't be fixed (which is a pain) , and you're limited to controller data resolution rather than sample resolution.

If you're trying to do what I think you're trying to do then try NI Form or NewSonicArts Granite (this is a granular sample player rather than a straight sampler though)

ere2learn wrote:TAL on fire lately
Version 1.9.3 already, I believe that V2 is going to awesome..more DAC's, Filters, FXs (TAL Chorus). The factory content is great, hopefully more layered and fresh material with the new version. Version one has enough vintage coverage, it's going to be the only vintage sampler with modern contents (Drums, FXs, Synths, Modulars, Phase Distortion (CZ-1/VZ-1), Choir) :idea:
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

"Infinite layers" mode would be nice... :) have some custom kits and other Menagerie of One Shots I'd like to move over to TAL... but I'm sure that's way out of scope of TAL's charter...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

It has a potential for becoming a modern D-50 with the late 80's attitude, especially if they add some S series magic in there. I've been waiting for a true successor of the synth as a VST for too long. Unlike the Roland Cloud version since I already got the real D-50s (2) and a D-110, but a modernized one with the same basic "beautiful but a little bit dirty" character.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I hope it eventually allows velocity layers so I can translate some simple exs24 patches over. I know it's not supposed to be a huge 128-velocity layer/key switching monster but it would be handy.

crystalmsc wrote:
ere2learn wrote:TAL on fire lately
Version 1.9.3 already, I believe that V2 is going to awesome..more DAC's,
I love using the starting basic sound/preset and playing really high pitch notes and seeing how the different DACs go completely crazy with aliasing. The pitches go all over the place :D
Vortifex wrote:
crystalmsc wrote:Version 1.9.3 already
I just bought it, but I registered my 1.9.2. demo version. Any idea how to update? Just download the new one and overwrite?
Yep just install the download over the top and it'll remain registered :)

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I love this sampler, best of all. A step sequencer would be a fantastic feature, to sequence phrases and drums, will one day this be possible? Thank you for developing this wonderful plugin.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”