Dead Developers - who are you missing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:41 am Arts Acoustic, Nemesys, E-MU, PPG
I used to use the Arts Acoustic reverb alot.

I wished that E-mu still maintained Emulator X, not that I've ever had much time with it as it is either crashing or crashed.

The PPG is a sad one, I have 3 of the PPG synths, I'm sure Wolfgang sold on the brand to PA thinking they would do something with it but it seems that's not going to happen. Bit pointless for them to take it on, it wasn't a competitor in anyway and it seems to have been dropped from day one.
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

So many One Hit Wonders who developed a single terrific product and then got another job, like the developers of AAS Tassman, Audjoo Helix, Amaranth audio Cycle, The Mangle, etc.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

One Ping Only
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

JonSolo wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 am 5. GForce Software- Nothing new in a long time, except a few sound packs for M-Tron. Would love to see some new dev there.
That's not true. The Oberheim 8-voice and SEM emulations were recently released. There's also a new Mellotron plugin and Oddity 3.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:41 am Arts Acoustic, Nemesys, E-MU, PPG
I'm glad I still have PPG WaveGenerator and Infinite Pro. Idk if this is allowed, but I'm happy to PM people registration codes if they want to use them. I missed the chance to buy WaveMapper 2, as well as LinPlug Octopus and Spectral.

Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:42 pm
I'm glad I still have PPG WaveGenerator and Infinite Pro. Idk if this is allowed, but I'm happy to PM people registration codes if they want to use them. I missed the chance to buy WaveMapper 2, as well as LinPlug Octopus and Spectral.
Pretty sure it’s not allowed, but it’s a sweet thought. Doesn’t it require the PPG server to authenticate anyway? I thought that was down. It wasn’t working for me when I tried activating my licenses a few months ago.

PA did say they were working on updating them a few months ago, but who knows if they’ll ever be completed. Wavemapper is pretty unique. It’s annoying to not be able to use it.

Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:37 pm
JonSolo wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:09 am 5. GForce Software- Nothing new in a long time, except a few sound packs for M-Tron. Would love to see some new dev there.
That's not true. The Oberheim 8-voice and SEM emulations were recently released. There's also a new Mellotron plugin and Oddity 3.
Dude...the NECROMANCY is STRONG with this one! In 2018 when I wrote that post, that was true, but yes you are 100% correct in 2022 ha ha ha.

masterhiggins wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:48 pm
Korg Supporter wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:42 pm
Pretty sure it’s not allowed, but it’s a sweet thought. Doesn’t it require the PPG server to authenticate anyway? I thought that was down. It wasn’t working for me when I tried activating my licenses a few months ago.

PA did say they were working on updating them a few months ago, but who knows if they’ll ever be completed. Wavemapper is pretty unique. It’s annoying to not be able to use it.
I was able to unlock the PPG synths in 2021 when I got my gaming PC. I just had to find the password and stuff in my old emails from 2018. The closest synths to WaveMapper's sound are Icarus 2 and Sugar Bytes Factory. Nave also has some similarities with WaveGenerator and WaveMapper, but I hate how Nave's ring modulator sounds quiet or weak compared to the one in Largo. Sugar Bytes Aparillo has a similar mapping system to the one in WaveMapper and Plex.

I consider 2CAudio mostly dead. Their plugins no longer work with newer Macs and support is unresponsive. They still sell all of their products though. But I have no faith they'll ever be updated.

Hm. I’ll try to activate it again when I get home later. I’d love to use them again, even if on Rosetta.

Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:22 am
cryophonik wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:00 am Artificial Audio. Obelisk is still one of my favorite effects ever and I’d love to see him revive it and develop more plugins
+1
The developer actually resuscitated his plugins earlier this year and now both Obelisk and Quartz are alive and kicking again! :party:

https://www.artificialaudio.com/
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Native Instruments.

They were a German plugin company who pretty much got the whole VST scene rolling with classic releases such as Pro-5, B4, FM7, Reaktor and Kontakt. They stopped developing new plugins in 2019, but their website is online and you can still buy their plugins, but they are no longer supported and lack VST3 and Apple CPU support.

They have VST3 support for Kontakt 7 at least. Maybe more.

My ''friend'' William just sent me another email.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

cryophonik wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:01 pm
Shabdahbriah wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:22 am
cryophonik wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:00 am Artificial Audio. Obelisk is still one of my favorite effects ever and I’d love to see him revive it and develop more plugins
+1
The developer actually resuscitated his plugins earlier this year and now both Obelisk and Quartz are alive and kicking again! :party:

https://www.artificialaudio.com/
Oh COOL! Thanks. Will check it out. :tu:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thread name makes me think of actually dead developers. Such a wrong thread name :-D

Return to “Instruments”