Cableguys ShaperBox 3.5.1 UPDATE – LFO Favorites + more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I’d rather not buy another plugin, let alone more soundtoys, but is it possible to use the Panner box to work like PanMan, panning based on signal? I tried the envelope feature but it either doesn’t work or is hard to figure out. Thanks!

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 2:00 am I’d rather not buy another plugin, let alone more soundtoys, but is it possible to use the Panner box to work like PanMan, panning based on signal? I tried the envelope feature but it either doesn’t work or is hard to figure out. Thanks!
The Envelope will pan the signal in either direction depending on the strength of the input signal.

You may also try the Audio Trigger function, which will trigger the LFO's panning pattern every time a transient is detected.

New presets for ShaperBox 3 are here! “Builds & Risers” is a pack of 86 transition tools to supercharge your arrangements and drops, crafted by pro sound designers InsideInfo, Cyclick and Andi Vax, as well as Cableguys’ in-house team.

“Builds” transform your existing sounds – or even the master mix! – into soaring build-ups and ear candy FX. “Risers” are placed on their own track to generate tempo-synced whooshes, swelling noise textures and reverse cymbals, for instant tension building.

Unlike static samples, you can change the flow of each effect by editing the curves, to tailor them to your track.

The presets are free for all existing ShaperBox 3 owners – just install the latest version 3.3.1 via your Cableguys account and click the Sync button in the plugin.

The expansion is also included free when you buy ShaperBox 3 now.

Here’s a short video by Joe to showcase the pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Lzn46yBi0

Lee / Cableguys wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:57 pm Image

New presets for ShaperBox 3 are here! “Builds & Risers” is a pack of 86 transition tools to supercharge your arrangements and drops, crafted by pro sound designers InsideInfo, Cyclick and Andi Vax, as well as Cableguys’ in-house team.

“Builds” transform your existing sounds – or even the master mix! – into soaring build-ups and ear candy FX. “Risers” are placed on their own track to generate tempo-synced whooshes, swelling noise textures and reverse cymbals, for instant tension building.

Unlike static samples, you can change the flow of each effect by editing the curves, to tailor them to your track.

The presets are free for all existing ShaperBox 3 owners – just install the latest version 3.3.1 via your Cableguys account and click the Sync button in the plugin.

The expansion is also included free when you buy ShaperBox 3 now.

Here’s a short video by Joe to showcase the pack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-Lzn46yBi0
You are awesome!!

I have only one request if possible.
Would be really appreciated to have everythings (samples, presets and whatever) inside the download file, so everything can be used on a full offline pc too

Thanks

May I ask (one more time 😁) for:
1. Increasing number of maximum possible multiband crossover points (there are plugins allowing 10 of these, so why not have it in such a great toolbox like ShaperBox)?

2. Optional, adjustable jitter control (depth, etc.) for LFO envelope playback (both X & Y axes, per-trigger jitter or free-running) for some unpredictable, organic playback behavior. This would allow to, say, make a kick drum be modulated in a different way every time it hits.
"How are we supposed to judge what each converter sounds like without know which is which? I don't want to be unfairly influenced by blind listening."
- Gearhero @ GS

DanielKonopka wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:27 pm May I ask (one more time 😁) for:
1. Increasing number of maximum possible multiband crossover points (there are plugins allowing 10 of these, so why not have it in such a great toolbox like ShaperBox)?
Thank you for your suggestions! So yes, we'd love to do that, but it'd introduce many more parameters (as each band has many parameters for its controls, LFO and Envelope Follower settings). Unfortunately many DAWs get issues (for example when opening an automation menu) with plugins that have too many parameters.
DanielKonopka wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:27 pm 2. Optional, adjustable jitter control (depth, etc.) for LFO envelope playback (both X & Y axes, per-trigger jitter or free-running) for some unpredictable, organic playback behavior. This would allow to, say, make a kick drum be modulated in a different way every time it hits.
Yes. Some features for humanization are in our wish list. Let's see..

@Jakob

Any thoughts about my request?

The best new feature for ShaperBox: Intelligent Harmonizer :pray:
Fusion

We just released ShaperBox 3.3.1 – this one brings quality improvements and fixes.

First, CPU usage has been reduced when using the General and Complex Audio Trigger algorithms.

When triggering from MIDI or Audio, the background oscilloscope waveform now remains on-screen until the LFO is triggered again (so long as the Envelope Follower is not active). This makes it easier to edit your waveforms to fit around a source sound (kick drum, for example).

Preset handling has been improved: When you reload a project that uses a preset, that preset remains selected in the library, so you can carry on browsing from the same point. And if you edited the preset, the asterisk indicating preset modification is now preserved.

We simplified and improved the triplet grid behaviour, now operable via a single Triplet option. For Straight timings, LFO lengths greater than 1/4 note will always have their main beats/bars highlighted. And for Dotted timings, the 3 main divisions (eg, the 3 beats of 3/4) are always highlighted, with the Triplet option further subdividing into 3, allowing true triplets in 3/4, for example.

The Pan/Haas slider in PanShaper now gives clearer feedback of its setting, for easier setup.

We’ve also exterminated a bunch of bugs, including minor graphical issues, occasional unnecessary popping sounds when MIDI/Audio Triggering, and a couple of small glitches on Logic Pro X on Apple Silicon.

Download the ShaperBox 3.3.1 update from your account, or try the demo.

This is brilliant stuff!
Please can you now stick Curve's oscillator section in there so we have a full on synth. It's almost there anyway. Or at the very least release an update to Curve
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

thanks for the update. +1 on curve update. that thing sounds so good.

It would be really nice if you could use a shaper more than once.

Frankie.T wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:48 pm I have only one request if possible.
Would be really appreciated to have everythings (samples, presets and whatever) inside the download file, so everything can be used on a full offline pc too

Thanks
Thank you for the feature wish. It's something we consider, but the wish comes up very rarely (sometimes on forums, but rarely via email).

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 6:28 pm
Frankie.T wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:48 pm I have only one request if possible.

Thanks
Thank you for the feature wish. It's something we consider, but the wish comes up very rarely (sometimes on forums, but rarely via email).
Thank you

Would be a great QOL improvement for lots of people

Held wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 5:40 pm It would be really nice if you could use a shaper more than once.
True, first i thought I am doing something wrong, but its not a feature

Return to “Effects”