One Synth Challenge #101: Spiral Generator (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, will there be any Playlist for all entries? Last days brought some interesting stuff!
tw | yt | ig

Man I'd give em all 5s for the love of doing these challenges with yall but I guess that defeats the point of voting huh...

Oh, yes, I normally only do a quick listen during the month, because I can't tame my curiosity, but I really listen to it only at voting time, which is why I normally only comment then, too. However, sometimes I can't hold back and have to listen to a whole piece, likely leaving a comment, too.

Do comments seem screwed up on soundcloud again ?

EDIT - nvm, appears I triggered 'quiet mode' on my track by accident
Last edited by generaldiomedes on Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voted. Am I too easy if nobody gets a 1? ahahaha

Voted. I know that seems fast (I like to take care of things quickly) but I gave every track my full attention. Some very cool stuff. This is my first time doing this and I must say the average level of talent is quite high. I am impressed. Also, I am surprised to say that there wasn't a single entry that I thought was flat out bad. And I'm not trying to be diplomatic here. The lowest scores I gave were mainly because they were in styles that I don't really care for; but that doesn't mean that they are bad tracks. Anyway, good luck to all!

Same here: apart from my own entry obviously, I gave none of the tracks a one. A few of them were uninspiring to me, but none of them bad. A few of them stood out but only one got a five from me though. ;)

I have voted!
Somewhere in the middle, soundcloud started to have difficulties and I couldn't comment, but eventually it snapped back. Not sure how happy you guys will be about that, haha, but- as usual- I left my thoughts and unsolicited advice, if I could think of any.
Many very interesting entrees, even very exciting stuff in yet another direction. I love when the synths bring out different strengths of everyone. This time I was totally "smitten" by the house like tracks. Some outstanding stuff, really! Had me grooving around. :hyper:

Good luck to everyone! :tu:

4th edit of this message.

OK I really have an issue with the voting web site in China. I can not see voting page with VPN on. Without VPN I see the voting page but I don't see soundcloud's information (Soundcloud is blocked in China).
tw | yt | ig

Voted.

Due to the nature of this synth I won't be voting for melodies or arrangements this time, will rather look for cool ways people used this interesting instrument :D

VOTED!

Gave 1 to me and 2 to 5 for the rest (had plenty of each).
Good luck everyone!

Voted!

As I said before only one 5 from me because there is no 6 and this track is for sure point above the others. Normaly I use score from 2-5 but now I have to use 1-4 to place my favorite to top.

Voted.

I divide music into three categories: production ready track, interesting approach and others.

Voting was a madness to me and the issue still exist. I am not happy much with the mechanics too.

I see it more like this (schema):

Good luck everybody.

PS: zippy731 - Free Slurpee Day - OSC 101, would you like to share its project with me? :)

PPS: and licenses question: what if I would like to recreate some tracks in a non-osc manner and release it like The Author - The Name (Stunkit Remix). Technically it's a CC-BY approach, right? Is it legal?
tw | yt | ig

Voted.

As always, lots of talent and variety. SG is so unusual, it's amazing to see the different directions folks went with it.
stunkit wrote:
PS: zippy731 - Free Slurpee Day - OSC 101, would you like to share its project with me? :)
@stunkit: Happy to do that, but I'm on FL Studio and I think you're Cubase so I'm not sure it would work. Happy to share the sounds as presets instead if you prefer.
Just because it's insane doesn't mean it's a bad idea.
------------------------
Before visiting my Youtube channel or Soundcloud, make sure your affairs are in order. You just never know.

Voted.

Return to “Instruments”