NI Xmas gift?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Cinebient wrote:
yellowmix wrote:
chk071 wrote:Sure looks as if NI want to try out some new graphical things with their free plugins. I'm sure they'll sort the issues out though.
It looks like full vector scaling, including rasterization of gradients (the background has a really subtle non-linear gradient). So I think that's where the pixelization is happening. It's probably thinking the screen resolution is something else, and is rasterizing lower than it should be.

Windows is a hodge-podge of graphics hardware, so that would make sense. Is this also happening on Macs?
Not on my macbook at least.
no ... your macbook is just ramping the fans up and shutting itself down. :roll:

Russell Grand wrote:I updated my graphics driver this evening and unfortunately the pixelated GUI is still happening. Ah well, it's no big deal. It sounds fantastic, it's fun to use, and it was free, so I can look past a few pixelated knobs. :D
Hey, what host are you using and what graphics card? It definitely seems like an antialiasing issue.

There's some more info up here:
https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... nformation

glokraw wrote:
highkoo wrote:Im just going to pretend Serum's sounds better.
I'm going to pretend the weak and outdated Sanford Phaser
only has 9 knobs/sliders etc like Phasis has, instead of the 21 it actually has.
More is better.
Unless, they are bigger.
If they are bigger knobs, they are usually better.
ImageImageImageImage

It installed perfectly for me on Win 7.

The sound is fine but perhaps a little polite. I was hoping for more extreme effects. I only spent a few minutes with it so far.

Daags wrote:
Cinebient wrote:
yellowmix wrote:
chk071 wrote:Sure looks as if NI want to try out some new graphical things with their free plugins. I'm sure they'll sort the issues out though.
It looks like full vector scaling, including rasterization of gradients (the background has a really subtle non-linear gradient). So I think that's where the pixelization is happening. It's probably thinking the screen resolution is something else, and is rasterizing lower than it should be.

Windows is a hodge-podge of graphics hardware, so that would make sense. Is this also happening on Macs?
Not on my macbook at least.
no ... your macbook is just ramping the fans up and shutting itself down. :roll:
True but still......no pixelation while it works :hihi:
But my mac fans even running like hell when i open then gearslutz forum which it didn´t do before so it might be something on my side here.

Frantz wrote:It installed perfectly for me on Win 7.

The sound is fine but perhaps a little polite. I was hoping for more extreme effects. I only spent a few minutes with it so far.
My guess is that the payware version will have some more "tricks up its sleeve", and will allow some more extreme stuff.

chk071 wrote:
Frantz wrote:It installed perfectly for me on Win 7.

My guess is that the payware version will have some more "tricks up its sleeve", and will allow some more extreme stuff.
Would be great....i like it at 99-100% feedback. It stops where the fun begins at 95%.

Look, I get the irritation at requiring Native Access for a free plugin, but NA is pretty much a must-have when you have Komplete. I can't imagine having to install and update every plugin individually. That would truly be a PITA.

Not that NA is without criticism. Downloads of large products sometimes stall for no apparent reason (or at least they used to — haven't downloaded anything big in a while), requiring a force-close and re-open to get them to start moving again. I'll still take that occasional irritation over having to individually install all the Komplete stuff, though.

Free gift is going to be $ discount, then

This is a very cool plug in. Anyone saying that this is just a basic phaser and that there are a million free versions of this, is either crazy or they don't know what they're doing. The audio rate modulation (when you push the ultra button) is great and combined with all of the stereo widening options it really creates a unique sound. If you're considering downloading this, don't be discouraged by all of the ridiculous negativity here. For me, installation was super simple and took all of maybe 3 minutes (Native Access is really not that big a deal). I'm lucky enough not to have had the graphical issues others have had though because that could really suck.

Return to “Effects”