Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tq wrote:In the end, this is a software product, so it doesn't hurt SL to give the buyers a new serial (unless they have to pay a per code licence fee to NI - then this would certainly hurt their business).
NI's license fee is per code.

Uncle E wrote:
BBFG# wrote:In any event, it is the company that comes up looking disreputable and not the store.
If there are problems with this, it will not sour me from making future purchases from MFriend. However, it will create some cynicism in ever buying from Sample Logic.
How would you feel if someone stole from you and then people blamed you for it? I have no idea what the truth is in this matter, none of us do, and that's why I'm not casting blame on either party, at least not until more information is brought to light.
That implies that MF stole it.
This seems more like a simple decision to reduce physical stock on hand and create other sales by doing it.
In any event, the delivery missed its deadline for me today and so I'm looking at the beginning of the week before the light reveals the effect.
But MF has a history with me and SL has none. So even though I just started considering their products a few weeks ago before this deal, and for them it could definitely be an opportunity to gain me as a customer, if this opportunity gets spoiled in anyway on one or both products, it's highly unlikely I would look at their products again because they would always be associated with this deal. The only other option would be to never do business with either of them. And like I said, MF has a good record with me and nothing so far points to them doing anything different than what they've always done. Use physical stock that's not moving fast enough to create good will (and more long term sales).

On a side note: I also ordered Revalver MK III at the same price and got it yesterday, installed today and authorized it fine.

BBFG# wrote:That implies that MF stole it.
Sorry but I have to stop you there. I absolutely did NOT imply that MF stole anything. Sorry to take this seriously but I hope you can understand why, from a legal point of view, I have to be concerned about this.

Do me a favor and please do not quote me further about this topic, it's starting to scare me. Please PM or call me if there's anything further you'd like to discuss with me about this.

My Fanfare arrived in the mail today, from MF, and installed fine.

-dw

Uncle E wrote:
BBFG# wrote:That implies that MF stole it.
Sorry but I have to stop you there. I absolutely did NOT imply that MF stole anything. Sorry to take this seriously but I hope you can understand why, from a legal point of view, I have to be concerned about this.

Do me a favor and please do not quote me further about this topic, it's starting to scare me. Please PM or call me if there's anything further you'd like to discuss with me about this.
Only the posit leads to the implication. I didn't mean to imply you implied it directly. In asking "how I would feel if..." there becomes a need for quotes is all.
I'm not looking to garner any tactics of self-impeachment towards you or to grant it towards me either.
As a dealer yourself, I could equally ask you though,
How you would feel if you had this stock, sold it at a reduced price considering your stock and how long you had it only to be called out by that company as doing something disreputable? Implying that people shouldn't buy from you? You might take that differently then.
Again, I would be more apt to continue doing business with you in general than them for anything specific.

BBFG# -- I'm not sure whether English is a second language for you? You've left the 'free-wheeling discussion' zone and are now in the 'messing with Uncle E's livelihood' zone. Let it go. He invited you to take it to PM if you feel the need to talk about it further. Have a little respect.

Thanks to all who have updated their experiences regarding the Sample Logic Fanfare and Rumble deals at Musicians Friend.

I have decided to go for Fanfare, Rumble and Fxpansion Geist, we just don't get deals like this in UK and even with shipping costs and taxes it's a no brainer for me.

I hope I don't have any trouble at Sample Logic with registration, I'll let you know how I get on.

Cheers :)

I'm still waiting for my Geist copy to arrive. It looks like UPS were in charge of the first leg, which they seem to have completed, then handed off to the USPS which simply state they have received electronic information of the shipment... for 3 days now..

Update: Ok this was strange.. I followed the Customer Support Link in the email Musicians Friend sent me on the order receipt... setup a Chat session with their support and spoke to a Representative that said he couldn't find my order information. Then asked if I was sure I placed with..... Guitar Center. haha Even though the logo to the chatroom had the Musicians Friend logo and I followed a link from a MF page.

They were really nice though and had someone from MF call me to provide a bit more info.. said shipment should be here no later than Thursday... USPS is slow but no worries.. I shall wait. :hyper:

BBFG# wrote:As a dealer yourself, I could equally ask you though,
How you would feel if you had this stock, sold it at a reduced price considering your stock and how long you had it only to be called out by that company as doing something disreputable? Implying that people shouldn't buy from you? You might take that differently then.
I'd absolutely lose it and would immediately be on the phone with our lawyer. I'd also immediately discontinue sales of the product to prevent any further customers from being affected. Finally, I'd broadcast a public statement to let everyone know exactly what's going on (or at least to the extent that my lawyer would let me ;)).

Like I said, I don't think either side deserves to be blamed at this point, we just don't have enough information to know what's going on. It's entirely possible that neither party is to blame and that it's a rogue employee who was opening the boxes, stealing the license codes, and then shrink wrapping the boxes back up again. It wouldn't take many (at least at the normal selling prices) for the person to make a month's or even a year's worth of salary by doing this.

Like I said, I could see continuing doing business with the store more than the product. JRR & MFriend both have an excellent record with me. SL is an unknown until I get my copies and find out they will work, which at this point, I still have faith they will. They should be here tomorrow (both Fanfare & Rumble). :D
Seems like the odds are that the majority of them will have no problems. Thanks everyone for making us aware that some have had a problem, but not all.

VitaminD wrote:I'm still waiting for my Geist copy to arrive. It looks like UPS were in charge of the first leg, which they seem to have completed, then handed off to the USPS which simply state they have received electronic information of the shipment... for 3 days now..

Update: Ok this was strange.. I followed the Customer Support Link in the email Musicians Friend sent me on the order receipt... setup a Chat session with their support and spoke to a Representative that said he couldn't find my order information. Then asked if I was sure I placed with..... Guitar Center. haha Even though the logo to the chatroom had the Musicians Friend logo and I followed a link from a MF page.

They were really nice though and had someone from MF call me to provide a bit more info.. said shipment should be here no later than Thursday... USPS is slow but no worries.. I shall wait. :hyper:

USPS is notorious for losing packages, but they are also notorious for taking forever. The trick is to avoid them like herpes.

Heh, USPS is slow and unreliable, eh? Well, I'm an American living abroad and let me tell you something:

If you avoid them, you will miss them when they are gone. Support the United States Postal Service.

They have fallen on hard times, but they are f'n awesome.

These shipments from MFriend use USPS delivery confirmation which can be used for tracking but technically isn't a tracking number. However, they're pretty consistent in delivery of these. It just helps if you do have to make a claim.
Chances are, you'll see it relatively close to their estimated delivery. (Mine is probably only late because it hit on a Saturday and USPS hands our mail to 1091 carriers.)

I ordered mine and it got here in two days. Wondering why? Straight UPS, no usps. Just sayin'.

1. I didn't pay for the quicker ship.
2. I ordered one piece of discounted software on one day and the next two on the second day. Estimated delivery showed for the same day on both orders (Saturday). The first order came a day early, the second mostly likely a business day late (tomorrow).
3. Shipment came from another state

I've had shipments that come from an in-state warehouse that have taken three days, but UPS ground shipping from another state is usually 5-10 days (And they don't deliver where I live on Saturdays - even if it is an overnight). Fedex is the same although they do Saturday delivery. And USPS handles it as first class once UPS hands off to them which is 3-5 days.
My delivery is still within the bounds of being 'on-time' considering all that. (This order was made last Saturday I believe.)

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”