MuLab 9.5.34

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RichardSemper wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:08 am It's hard to overstate just how Awesome this update is!
Thx :)
I have not used the drum processor pad in this way before, but not quite expected behaviour here
In the next update it will be a bit better, but note that due to the way the automatic drum pad editor switcher window works, it does not work as a purely individual editor. But i think the next update will be ok. Let me know.
There is also something strange with the routing cables on the front panel in the MuDrum note processor: when I have substituted another plugin or a mux for one of the pads in the modular area the front panel cable routing no longer works for that pad. I have no idea how to restore the front panel routing behaviour in this case.
Please share a video or project that demonstrates the issue you're encountering.

mutools wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:29 am
There is also something strange with the routing cables on the front panel in the MuDrum note processor: when I have substituted another plugin or a mux for one of the pads in the modular area the front panel cable routing no longer works for that pad. I have no idea how to restore the front panel routing behaviour in this case.
Please share a video or project that demonstrates the issue you're encountering.
Never mind, I found the solution. When substituting a mux in the modular area while the front panel still showing in a separate window the cable would disappear on that front panel. Closing the window and re-opening it the cable reappeared, and works as normal. In fact clicking the front panel edit button also reinstates the cable.

Really liking the integration of the Tempo Track having its own automation lane, quite a versatile implementation if I do say so myself! :)

Being in its early stages, of course, I'll note a few things I would like to see improve, like making the BPM changes reflect more continuously rather than updating once every third of a second. This is especially noticeable with changing tempo over time, and it can be an issue for VSTs that read the host BPM.

Digitalis for example I noticed will have its own playhead for its Data Window jump around each time the BPM updates, and it will actually desync once at a different BPM (though I suspect it's more from the fact that it desyncs relative to the project's BPM rather than what it's set at on the Transport Panel)

ImageImage

I also wonder about interactions with Audio Sequences when automating tempo, because currently Audio Sequences behave kinda like triggered MIDI samples, so even sequences with applied timestretching won't always line up at the end. Maybe it's time to look into proper warp markers?

This feature alone does seem to be interconnected with other elements in some way. Either way, I'm having a lot of fun trying it out for myself regardless, and I hope to see more developments based around this soon.
I make chunes and such!

PelletProject wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 6:15 am I'll note a few things I would like to see improve, like making the BPM changes reflect more continuously rather than updating once every third of a second.
Every host DAW uses some amount of tempo automation granularity. MuLab 9.5.26 currently uses a tempo automation timing granularity of close around 5 ms. That's a good balance between accuracy and processing speed. But it also uses a tempo value granularity in order to further optimize processing. For it would not make much sense to punish processing speed for eg. a tempo change from 130.6789 to 130.6790. So some degree of tempo value granularity does make sense. That said, i agree that in M9.5.26 this tempo value granularity may be a bit too coarse, so it will be finetuned in the next M9.5.27 to approx 1/1000. You will surely notice the difference in the example you gave.
I also wonder about interactions with Audio Sequences when automating tempo
I'm aware of that. It was the same in previous versions of MuLab, but now that tempo automation has become much more easy & fun, it's more likely that this aspect is remarked.
It's on the wishlist to further improve the processing of auto-stretched audio sequence events so that tempo changes inside an auto-stretched audio sequence event are also taken into account .

MuLab App M9.5.27 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Automation clips: New "Unite" function to unite selected automation clips into 1 automation clip.
  • Envelope curves can now be trimmed to a certain X range section.
    This was necessary to realize the Unite function, but can also be used in other creative ways.
  • Increased tempo automation resolution.
  • Composer tempo display context menu now also includes "Add Tempo Track" if none such already exists.
  • Add Tempo Track now also automatically inserts a first point at the current tempo.
  • MUX Front panels editing -> Plugin Slot -> Finetuned the embedded parameter options.
  • Drum Note Processor: Optimized behavior when using VST2 / VST3 / CLAP plugins as target for the drum pads.
  • MuLab startup / info window: Reverted the sub-title to "Creative Music Studio".
  • Other small improvements.

Also MuLab Plugin M9.5.27 beta is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/plugin/la ... /beta.html

It includes all recent changes from M9.5.15 to M9.5.27.

Also MuLab App M9.5.27 beta for Mac is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

It includes all recent changes from M9.5.26 to M9.5.27.

Yay, new plugin version!

mutools wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:27 pm MuLab App M9.5.27 beta for Windows 64 bit is available on https://www.mutools.com/mulab/app/lates ... /beta.html

What's changed:
  • Drum Note Processor: Optimized behavior when using VST2 / VST3 / CLAP plugins as target for the drum pads.
Much better now thanks :tu:

I just noticed, that with the new folded top menu scheme, the mda plugins, that use the DAW to supply the UI, and use the unfolded menu to navigate the presets, wont show an unfold option. This may be a small number of scenarios, but it could be something that effects other things. Maybe the solution is to always make the unfolding "+" available, whether its detected to need it or not. I DID uncheck both unfolded top bar preferences, and it wont unfold. Its just not there now. So I guess that its detecting that it doesn't need it and just not showing it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TorresBob88 wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:01 am I just noticed, that with the new folded top menu scheme, the mda plugins, that use the DAW to supply the UI, and use the unfolded menu to navigate the presets, wont show an unfold option...
You're right.
This will be fixed in the next update.

Hi, been testing the unite feature, and works great, although i have some questions about the result when doing a trimming then unite command.

It's intended that it creates new points and these has to be "floating", and its curves doesn't correspond to the toolbar representation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes there can be more complex curve results.
If you're in doubt double click the point and see it's From - To X Range.
That's one of the reasons why a curve does not always end at the end point value.
And when using Unite the end result of the Unite should be the very same curve as the originals, and sometimes that needs extra auxiliary points.
Also: When point A and B are on the same time, then changing a bezier curve of point B does not have any effect of course, as there is zero time for that curve.

Thank you!, It makes sense now, I was looking for where was the new "X range" and that's it.

But why X range resets when adjusting the curve directly from graph? It's not happens when doing on the dialog

Return to “MUTOOLS”