Cytomic 'The Glue' Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Glue

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I just checked, they null completely here using the default setting and at the same oversampling settings.
Interesting. I checked again, and it still is there. What format are you using? It's VST x64 on REAPER here.
Maybe there's a bug somewhere.

VST2 x64 in Studio One.

Comparing version 1.3.3 with 1.2.9

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:VST2 x64 in Studio One.

Really weird. Perhaps Andy will comment on that.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: I'm not sure I want to answer this question now, I like that "feature" and don't want you "fixing" it. :P

Anyway, I'm using Studio One 2.6.5 x64, on Windows 8.1.

Here's what I see:

1. I have two plugins in the browser, one called "The Glue" (this is version 1.2.9, 64-bit VST2 version) the other called "The Glue 64" (version 1.3.2, 64-bit VST2 version)

2. Existing projects using v. 1.2.9 recall the "legacy" version just fine

3. Both plugins are living together happily and are treated as separate plugins
This is host dependent behaviour and host nothing to do with The Glue! It's good they support this, as this is useful, but the plugin IDs are identical in all versions of The Glue otherwise loading of songs saved with older versions wouldn't work when replaced with newer versions of the plugin. There is nothing to "fix".
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:EDIT: I did confirm that CTRL as a mouse modifier for fine parameter adjustments isn't working in the new version.
Fine mouse drag is working properly (on Mac I have tested it, but I just looked at the Windows code). One Mac pressing Alt then clicking will reset to the loaded value, on Win pressing Ctrl then clicking will reset to the default value. Otherwise pressing Ctrl / Alt / Command before clicking (edit: or even after clicking), and then dragging the mouse up and down gives fine movement.
The Glue, The Drop - www.cytomic.com

meloco_go wrote:

I'll do a null test now between v1.2.9 and v1.3.3. One thing to watch out for is the "DC block" feature, which doesn't have an on screen always visible control, it is only available via the preset menu.

4damind wrote:
andy-cytomic wrote:
4damind wrote:Nice, the resizable GUI is great.
Have you also changed something with the compression behaviour? It seems the gainreduction works now more as expected.
Nothing has changed in the core algorithm, you can do a null test and it will be the same within audible limits. I have updated the needle graphics, I made the needle wider and improved the motion blur a little, but the audible results are identical. Having a lovely bouncing needle does help with judgement of the compression behaviour, which is helpful.
Aah, ok the updated needle graphics seems to be the improvement which gives the feeling it works more as expected. Great work Andy. Btw, have you an idea about the release date?
Hi 4damind,

Thanks very much for spotting the audible difference between the new and old versions. I did a null test and they did not null, and tracked it down to a single parameter of my model which I had fiddled with but not set back to it's correct value. I have fixed the issue so now they null perfectly again in v1.3.4, which is up on the web page.

andy-cytomic wrote:
meloco_go wrote:

I'll do a null test now between v1.2.9 and v1.3.3. One thing to watch out for is the "DC block" feature, which doesn't have an on screen always visible control, it is only available via the preset menu.
The null test failed on my machine. I've found and fixed the issue in v1.3.4

News: The Glue v1.3.4 is ready, as it's stable on everyone's machines thus far, and no further issues have been reported, I have taken it out of Beta. The only remaining issue is a some redraw problems when resizing the interface in some hosts, but this can be worked around by closing and opening the GUI again. Thanks for everyone's help during the Beta!

Download: http://cytomic.com/glue

The Glue v1.3.4 (23 Mar 2015)
  • Fixed: transient behaviour returned to null with old version
    Fixed: added back shift key modifier for fine movement of drag and mouse wheel

andy-cytomic wrote:News: The Glue v1.3.4 is ready, as it's stable on everyone's machines thus far, and no further issues have been reported, I have taken it out of Beta. The only remaining issue is a some redraw problems when resizing the interface in some hosts, but this can be worked around by closing and opening the GUI again. Thanks for everyone's help during the Beta!

The Glue v1.3.4 (23 Mar 2015)
  • Fixed: transient behaviour returned to null with old version
    Fixed: added back shift key modifier for fine movement of drag and mouse wheel
Still doesn't show up in plugin list :(
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Andy, can you elaborate a little on what the parameter is? Of course it is important to have this version sounding the same as it was before, so people's projects will not alter the sound, but I did prefer the new version (with error). Although the difference was very little.
Maybe I will leave it as is.

is there a Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (from 2013/2014) going on in there ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:is there a Visual C++ Redistributable Packages (from 2013/2014) going on in there ?
I used the standard Juce build system project files, and set the SDK to Windows XP. I also built the AAX library against the Windows XP SDK. I'm not sure what the issue is, but another customer has reported problems running it on Windows 7 SP1, so I am assuming there is some other issue here with libraries being used that are not part of Windows XP.

meloco_go wrote:Andy, can you elaborate a little on what the parameter is? Of course it is important to have this version sounding the same as it was before, so people's projects will not alter the sound, but I did prefer the new version (with error). Although the difference was very little.
Maybe I will leave it as is.
I can't go into details other than to say in the future all will become clear.

andy-cytomic wrote:I can't go into details other than to say in the future all will become clear.
Understood and thank you! Looking forward for future :tu:

News: The Glue v1.3.5 is ready

The Glue v1.3.5 (25 Mar 2015)
  • Fixed: AAX mono plugin id so mono RTAS tracks translate over to the AAX plugin
  • Fixed: Windows AAX library now built against XP SDK, so plugin loads on XP machines again
  • Fixed: removed salt from machine id so reformat of machine won't trigger a new auth

Return to “Effects”