Cold Earth II(Sickle atmospheric)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

krank wrote:
Sickle wrote:Ignore the 666.
I can't.
Well, I can't afford to re-register my webspace to accomodate you just right now, so Good Luck with that..

:P
Jens, "B.t.w.: it appears I was wrong"

Sickle wrote:
verstaerker wrote:
Sickle wrote:
verstaerker wrote:Image

Mine moves.

You're a L0s3r.

That's it..Time for the Big Guns..

Downloading now...love the original version!

Sickle wrote:
krank wrote:What do you mean by divination of patterns?
He means to discern patterns where none actually exist.

See KVRwiki's Aleotoric entry:

http://www.kvraudio.com/wiki/?id=Aleatoric+Composition
Cool, thanks.

So - frequential and rythmic aleatory is going on in my piece 'The Sewer Sessions' (see below if interested).

But the concept of divination could be used in many other conjections, right? Aleotoric music involves an intentional approach/frame by the composer - but as a listener I might 'divine' the sound of cars in the street, or the ticking of the central heating, is this correct?

I'm not a native English speaker, by the way.

verstaerker wrote:
Sickle wrote:
verstaerker wrote:
Sickle wrote:
verstaerker wrote:Image

Mine moves.

You're a L0s3r.

That's it..Time for the Big Guns..

DIE, MAGGOT!!

krank wrote:
Sickle wrote:
krank wrote:What do you mean by divination of patterns?
He means to discern patterns where none actually exist.

See KVRwiki's Aleotoric entry:

http://www.kvraudio.com/wiki/?id=Aleatoric+Composition
Cool, thanks.

So - frequential and rythmic aleatory is going on in my piece 'The Sewer Sessions' (see below if interested).

I'll be glad to when I get home tonight. Dial-up here at work royally sux0rs..
krank wrote:But the concept of divination could be used in many other conjections, right? Aleotoric music involves an intentional approach/frame by the composer - but as a listener I might 'divine' the sound of cars in the street, or the ticking of the central heating, is this correct?

Devining sounds of cars and heaters might be a bit of a reach, but essentially, if the material's done 'correctly', then yeah, why not?
krank wrote:I'm not a native English speaker, by the way.
Yer Engrish's m'kay, no worries.

:hihi:

Jack R wrote:Downloading now...love the original version!
Cheers, Jack.

Not much in common aside from when they were made, really, but hope you like it anyways..

:D

I kinda liked the original myself.

Is it 'devination' or 'divination'?

I'm trying to get a grip on what the concept means/can be applied to in a musical context. If it describes the fact that a listener may pick up random patterns/notes and detect rythmic or tonal structures from any sound source, then my central heating experience is an example of divination, right?

But if it only applies to listening experiences related to aleatoric compositions, then it's a much narrower term.

By the way, Webster's simply defines it as 'intuitive perception':

divination

One entry found for divination.
Main Entry: div·i·na·tion
Pronunciation: "di-v&-'nA-sh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English divinacioun, from Latin divination-, divinatio, from divinare
1 : the art or practice that seeks to foresee or foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge usually by the interpretation of omens or by the aid of supernatural powers
2 : unusual insight : intuitive perception
- di·vi·na·to·ry /d&-'vi-n&-"tOr-E, d&-'vI-n&-, 'di-v&-n&-, -"tor-/ adjective

:dog:

Ok, Rick..

You started this, so get yet arse back in here and finish it.

:hihi:

Amazing! I really enjoyed this. Very, very good blend of new age and some darker stuff ;-)

Sickle? New age? Mwahahahahahaha!!!!! Three words I never thought I would see in the same thread!! :lol: :lol:

New Age?!

:bang:

Some nice dynamic transitions early on, with a pummeling soundwall from 6:31...not quite the huge range that you had in I'm not aMUSEd, but still enough to give the transtions some punch. Some of the most semimelodic stuff I've heard you do since Lullabye, but there's no f**king way I'd call it newage-sewage :D

Well, for the non-Reaktor using l0s3rz out there, Guagear has this mouseboard function thing that you click and drag in(almost the same thing as an X/Y) that sends the synth's parameters scrambling, but in a constrained, m00sical kinda manner..I automated this mouseboard with a semi-random algo(designed by Rachmiel) and basically let er rip.

I can post the modified instrument for any Reaktor users once I get home later.

The rest of you are fux0r3d.

:zzz:

And there's even a middle8 in here :hihi:

some mighty fine moments along the way 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”