SQ80 emulating VSTi available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jngpng wrote:
tomg wrote:
Compyfox wrote:IF there will be a full version. According to the linked page, this thing is out since 2000?! o_O
uh-oh :cry:
No, the VST is new. Compyfox misread the page.
Er excuse me, but on the page was written "In issue 8/2000 of the German KEYS Magazine our beloved Ensoniq synth was featured for which they interviewed me.".

I didn't read the readme - mea culpa.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

:love: cool! thanks for finding and sharing this. It sounds great.

Siegfried Kullmann, the author of this instrument, won AbSynth back in 2002 for 2nd place in some contest NI had on KVR.
whaT arE yoU goinG tO dO witH youR lifE, siT therE anD waiT foR jesuS tO falL ouT thE skY?

Thanks a lot THK. Works fine.
:D

Compyfox wrote:
jngpng wrote:
tomg wrote:
Compyfox wrote:IF there will be a full version. According to the linked page, this thing is out since 2000?! o_O
uh-oh :cry:
No, the VST is new. Compyfox misread the page.
Er excuse me, but on the page was written "In issue 8/2000 of the German KEYS Magazine our beloved Ensoniq synth was featured for which they interviewed me.".

I didn't read the readme - mea culpa.
This is in the readme. :D

Code: Select all

Programming, design & factory sounds by
Siegfried Kullmann
(C)opyright 2006
After a little more time with it, it's not bad at all. It picks up a few point here and looses them there but all in all I'm impressed and I hope that copyright is good.

RTFReadMe. It says (c) 2006 ...

The page is old though and not often updated.

This is a great emulation of the ESQ/SQ synth. I owned a ESQ1 for 4 years and this sounds as close as you can get to the real thing. I believe this thing will set the new standard for softsynths when it comes out in it's Pro version.

And there is a zillion presets! :shock:

And as usual... one people overread a "copyright info" (or something else) and 10 people have to comment on that.

Expect an update of my list soon. With added Casio, additional Juno-106 and 2 drummachine emulations. Just need to recollect some stuff and prepare pictures/links.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

BTW Compyfox, (sorry everyone I don't mean to hijack) Arguru is creating a Nord lead clone (I believe) for Imageline. Hopefully it will soon be able to be added to your awesome web site. :)

--Sean

THK wrote:
TRIAC wrote:how to import syxes and banks :((
Download the patches from the suggested site

Rename MDX to SYX and import them from the synth's menu
-> File -> Import ESQ1/SQ80 Bank SysEx file ...
Thank you!!!

Just want to add my thanks and express my admiration for this synth. I have no idea how close it is to the original, but it has to my ears a captivating, alive and magical sound. Perhaps you can tell I'm in love :love: I'll certainly be in the queue for any commercial release.

Mart.

Compyfox wrote:
Yes, the page is about Ensoniq synths in general. The article in KEYS was about Mr Buchty's involvement with the ESQ1 and SQ80 (the hardware synths on which this VST is based). The VST is a new addition. As I said, you misread :)

I had the hardware synth once. I love to hear the soft emu now. I didn't find any sites with syx files. Can someone provide any links?

bastien wrote:Nice. Just as my ESQ-1 is lost its memory, too.
You can order a new battery from Digikey. All you need to know is how to solder.

Even without the proper battery, I brought mine back to life temporarily by wiring in 2 1.5 Volt AA cells (in series for 3 V) in a battery holder. This solution might be better actually as it only costs a couple dollars and makes future battery replacements easy. The only problem is mounting the holder so it's secure and doesn't come off and do damage or cause a short. The duct tape solution you see here is not recommended. I'd epoxy it down or something. The sequencer memory expansion bay does make a nice place to attach it though.

thorau wrote:I had the hardware synth once. I love to hear the soft emu now. I didn't find any sites with syx files. Can someone provide any links?
As linked to earlier in this thread:

http://www.lrr.in.tum.de/~buchty/soundzone/index.php3
Select 'Ensoniq SQ80', download and change the file extensions from .esq to .syx

Mart.

Return to “Instruments”