request new plugs

Official support for: xoxos
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

not i for some time. too many other things to do first.

hopefully there will be more free transwave style synths out - chris kerry (codes ASM moduels for synthedit) has a collection of sampling modules that are capable of non-prepped transwaving and have various optimisations for handling large groups of samples.

there was something going on in those fizmo filters that i haven't heard in se/available filters yet.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I'll chime in.

I don't think a good/realistic pedal steel emulation exists. I'm confident this would be rather successful.

I've never had a pedal steel in my hands but I'm told they have quite a complicated mechanical setup, with some strings that can be lowered, etc.

I guess I'd be ready to pay up to $40-50 for a very good emulation, i.e. one that would actually sound like the real thing.
Hearing what you've done so far, xoxos, I have feeling you could do something fantastic.

Just my two cent's.

d

One suggestion :
Idiophone2

Or, a drumsynth, with algorithmic/probability/random step seqand/or routing, some "conventionnal" slots for kick and snare but with some comprehensive modulation routing, and some more Xoxos-esque slots for weird/ringy/metallic/Fm-ish/ethno sounds (like your excellent Idiophone vsti plugin)...

glass armonica, please.

mentioned it before, but probably not in the right place.

hi rurik,

how about a physical model of a set of tabla? Doesn't have to sound realistic, but i'd love to be able to get tabla esque pitch bends on a drum machine.

oli

There still isn't a good vinyl/tape saturation plug-in as VST, TDM guys are lucky. :(
I've probably tried them all. :?
"Oh come on Monster has done so much to the audio community. They got the best products ever. I operate my toaster with a Monster power-cable and it tastes better."

sorry if this is if-she-weighs-the-same-as-a-duck-she's-made-of-wood-and-therefore-a-witch stupid, but, would it be possible to make a MIDI-CV/Gate plug? If so (I don't know!) I expect it would be of "limited" use in soundcards equipped with only a stereo out... :?

I like the idea of having MIDI/CV under direct and highly-tweakable DAW control though, especially with a raft of funky MIDI plugs. And it'd be one less box to buy (I still don't own one).

Oh, and... :hyper: glass armonica! :hyper:

In listening to the new NIN album Ghosts I-IV, it occured to me that it would be interesting to have a VSTi which would load a WAV sample (stereo or mono) and allow you to loop it in an interactive way.

Controls would allow you to change the loop length, but it would always loop at zero crossings to avoid clicks. Left and right channels then might have slightly different loop lengths, or indeed they could be assigned as completely different loop lengths. The loop area(s) should be midi controllable to allow one to shift it right or left a variable number of samples. The loop might also be allowed to play forward, then backward, and forward again (and other combos). The loop area should also be midi controlled in order to change the loop length at will. If a stereo sample is loaded, there should be a mono button to convert the sample to mono before processing/output if desired.

A pro version of this plugin could allow surround outputs and auto-pan during the loop length from FL-->FR-->RL-->RR etc (and other combos).

Maybe there's already something out there that does this and allows the interactivity specified above?

KEv

->clueless

you can't send CV from most sound cards because there is a DC filter on the outputs. Motu cards are an expection, so i have heard.

oli

hibrasil wrote:->clueless

you can't send CV from most sound cards because there is a DC filter on the outputs. Motu cards are an expection, so i have heard.

oli
rrrrrats.

[considers MOTU card and private commission]

responses for requests on this page -

steel emu - yes. atm my physically modeled strings require inline allpasses to get the correct response for a steel string. the problem is, allpasses change the pitch of the delay line and require 'advanced' computations to correctly adjust the pitch of the line for the allpass setting. i have new info on this, so i might get it to stay in tune..

idiophone2 - probable.

tabla - i think 'cylinder33' has pitch bend. if not i can connect bend on mass as a one-off if you'd like.

tape saturation - i'm sure that there are other developers with a greater knowledge and interest in such things. it's not my expertise. anything i'd build would be founded on the rame rudimentary principles other emus are.

automatic looper - doesn't ugo have a plug like that? if not, it would be easy to build, even for a synthedit novice :) it's not my kind of thing though really.

i think it was the casio sk-8 - a few years after the sk-1... it had a looping function where you could flip the direction of playback in use. loads of fun. very simple. i'm more into synthesis, not big on samples or dynamics processing.

if you can't find on (there's bound to be one) you might try asking in the mod synthesis forum or instruments forum and seeing if other se users know of one.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Hey Rurik,

Thanks for opening the floor for suggestions.

////
1. Parametric EQ with controllable drift.
When I adjust the parameters of a parametric EQ, I my ears perk. When I stop, slowly, it becomes less noticeable. Maybe drift could make EQ sound better?

////
2. A Solfège synth that helps you learn perfect or relative pitch. A voice sing do, re, mi, fa, sol, la, and ti. Maybe this could be implemented by modifying Synger?

HOW IT WOULD HELP: When we are in a DAW, working on a composition, use the Solfège synth. Or when you are jamming on a midi keyboard, load the synth. Just by hearing it, I hope that it could help me learn the pitches.

///
3. MP3 encode/decode real time monitoring--- A plug in that lets engineers hear what their mix will sound like if encoded to mp3. (is it possible to write a SEM that can use mp3 encoder / decoders?). Selectable parameters, but the most important would be 128kbps, constant-rate, stereo.

- For extra credit, sample Ipods, Ipod nanos, iphones, zunes, etc, when they play an impulse. Then use that impulse response information to model the amplifier in each device.

[then, all the engineer would need to do is buy some of those stock ipod earbuds, and they could optimize their mix for our funny generation.]

before someone reads my post and goes and blows up their 828 have a look here:

http://www.nononancy.com/cvcontrol/index.html

MOTU have advised against it.

If there are any enterprising DIY hardware heads reading this, what i really want is a CV to USB interface that can allow modular software such as SE, MaxMSP and Reaktor to interface with modular hardware. This requires hi resolution (16bit DACs) and low latency. Essentially an audio interface with DC coupled outputs would work. The only thing is i think it needs to interface over Open Sound Control rather than appearing as a normal audio interface so that it can be used in conjunction with an existing audio interface.

oli

hibrasil wrote:MOTU have advised against it.
i don't follow...

host data--->828--->CV input

at which stage is the 828 injured? :?

i don't get it either, any electronics expert like to explain?

oli

Return to “xoxos”