[ runagate ] FSÜ for rekkerd remix contest

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

justin3am wrote:I can't speak for runagate but I know that occasionally I make sounds that are purely a demonstration of technical ability... not even my technical ability (which is very limited in any musical sense) but the technical ability of the tools I use. I post the sounds here because I know there is an audience for it. I also come here to listen to such pieces. Weather or not the creator has a sense of rhythm is of no concern to me.

A good deal of people find it bothersome that people like me and runagate post here at KVR but it has become widely acknowledged that neither of us (nor a good deal of others) give a f**k what they think.

Keep rockinit though, don't let us stop you. Somebody has to...
Now that my internet connection is working again I wanted to plus one this.
I have more to say to you later, justin, but am in the midst of a LOT right now ;)

Actually, justin, I don't do that or if I do I always specifically refer to it as a demo. Which in my case is odd since, for instance, the little demos I made for my plug-ins are generally more song-like and catch than other thing I post here which actually required hours of effort.

As to rhythmic sense, I'll play a sax solo and not only leave the time sig but the tempo and the whole friggin' universe and still come in on the downbeat 192 bars later without a backbeat. :P

I post my music here for 2 main reasons: as an agent provacateur & example of what is now possible with VSTs, and because I think anyone who shoots their mouth off like I do should put up or shut up. Well, except devs. They make a different sort of art, and I'm always happy to rep the hell out of all these free miracles they've changed my life with.

But I'm always in the mood for negative comments on my songs ;)
I suspect my ditties are a little too foreign to even elicit comment most of the time.

runagate wrote:
bogh wrote:I enjoyed this a lot too - great work. One of the best tracks I've heard here in the Music Cafe.
Thanks. I'm brain-dead from sleep deprivation and yet have been having a great time listening to your "political song no. 1", "all of the time" and "toca", bogh :) Never heard your music before, I'm glad you stopped by. Goes well with the rain outside and my mind finally relinquishing this strange day.
Thank you for the kind words :)
Actually looks like we're gonna be on a compilation together:
http://www.geocities.com/browncoffeerec/

Dope!

Wow, not every day I get to be on a compilation where some of my favorite musicians in the world are on it!

Looks like SDZH missed the deadline, though :(

I gotta grab your songs when my connection is behaving. It generally does for a couple hours a day when I'm actually home.

I swear I posted earlier - at least I have a memory of typing a bunch of sycophant ramblings, gushing about this piece. But I can't find them. I guess I'll just let you let me remember how cool I think it is. Good luck in the contest :)
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:I swear I posted earlier - at least I have a memory of typing a bunch of sycophant ramblings, gushing about this piece. But I can't find them. I guess I'll just let you let me remember how cool I think it is. Good luck in the contest :)
It's about damned time you posted another song in the Cafe. I got it, I think I even drunkenly commented on it last night ;)

and the winner is Richard Jonas

Find his song in the Cafe here, I know I've got it tagged.

Nice one! Haven't heard any of the others, but this is exellent. Lots of cool stuff going on here, puts pictures in my head of a strange robotic circus.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

p.s. I think i pm'd you on this, but I just wanted to make sure I let you know - this is a great mix, Runagate.
Really enjoyed the head trip. Amazing stuff.

blackboyrockinit wrote: I wish people with more sense of rhythm would make tracks on here.

God bless.
And yet, you keep coming back and listening through our tracks anyways. :shrug: :hihi:
Please, school us all in how it's done, BBRI, so I can take your honest opinions more seriously. Not trying to be a dick, I just seem to sound like that on paper this morning. I need coffee.

Sorry for the OT, Runny.
Last edited by Jazzyspoon on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

synthgeek wrote:Nice one! Haven't heard any of the others, but this is exellent. Lots of cool stuff going on here, puts pictures in my head of a strange robotic circus.
Thanks, synthgeek. Where ya been?

Almost all of the others are startlingly good, even though most are some genre of dance music I'd not normally listen to. The ones I voted for, cunigus, the guy who got 2nd place who's name slips my mind and Jonas' especially. Hard, hard thing to vote on.

Robotic circus. You ever heard Golem II: The Bionic Vapour Boy?
Clavinet muppet robot funk perfection!

Glad you liked. Wait til you hear what Allen is dropping on me to do vocals for!

runagate wrote:
ouroboros wrote:I swear I posted earlier - at least I have a memory of typing a bunch of sycophant ramblings, gushing about this piece. But I can't find them. I guess I'll just let you let me remember how cool I think it is. Good luck in the contest :)
It's about damned time you posted another song in the Cafe. I got it, I think I even drunkenly commented on it last night ;)

you did :hihi:
thanks! Turns out Ironhead is a cpu hog when modulating. I really need more horsepower. Anywho,I love perusing your fx chain- I find stuff I didn't know or forgot about. Very cool stuff, thanks :)
..what goes around comes around..

runagate wrote: Thanks, synthgeek. Where ya been?
You're quite welcome. I've partly been enjoying summer while it lasts here in the Rockies. What time I have spent near the computer has usually involved making noise myself, or uselessly wasted elsewhere. :)

Indeed I have. Been awhile, but I do love some Mr. Bungle from time to time- and that is a great description.

I'll try to make it over to check out some of the other remixes, and also back here more often, I'm sure I've missed some good stuff.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Cool track ... FSU with The Funk. Good luck in the competition :)

ouroboros wrote:
runagate wrote:

you did :hihi:
thanks! Turns out Ironhead is a cpu hog when modulating. I really need more horsepower. Anywho,I love perusing your fx chain- I find stuff I didn't know or forgot about. Very cool stuff, thanks :)
I'll have to do so again in a more coherent fashion once I get home tonight.

Ironhead is my pimp daddy. You know that.
As to the signal chain: this month's KVR contest entry doesn't have one!

synthgeek wrote:
runagate wrote: Thanks, synthgeek. Where ya been?
You're quite welcome. I've partly been enjoying summer while it lasts here in the Rockies. What time I have spent near the computer has usually involved making noise myself, or uselessly wasted elsewhere. :)

Indeed I have. Been awhile, but I do love some Mr. Bungle from time to time- and that is a great description.

I'll try to make it over to check out some of the other remixes, and also back here more often, I'm sure I've missed some good stuff.
Odd to finally be knowledgable about synths and listen to Bungle now.
I don't even know wtf they used but certainly they've had 5 keyboards going at once at the shows I've seen of theirs.

You wanna hear good music you missed? Hit search, search the Cafe, and type "runagate" - certainly not to grab my tracks, I've done almost nothing this summer electronicavant-wise, but because I kept up pretty good with commening on good tracks :)

Return to “Music Cafe”