Another guess which synth game (Pro53)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aloysius wrote:Doesn't Kontakt have the exact same Filter Section as Pro53? Must look it up in the Manual. That could go along way towards making a Pro53 Library for Kontakt better than yer average Library! No? Yes? Maybe?
Dunno, but will give it a try when i'm done with the presets. I think i'm close to coming up with 64 presets which are not present in the 512 default bank, so at least it will be a mini bank of 64 presets :)

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

Sounds interesting Michael! :)

mkastrup wrote: There is another oldie named Exciton which also is a great VA and it shares a similar FX part. That one is also very CPU friendly.

Infact these oldies are so efficient on CPU that you could stack 4 of them like this, a string, a pluck something, a sweeping thing and FX thing. Then have them all played at the same time. In cubase you can select which tracks are being activated by midi input.

/Michael
Yes, I always liked Exciton a lot and remember having a very good e-mail dialogue with the developer regarding the future of the instrument. It's a very charming synth and I think Groovecube is one of the few independent developers out of Japan aside from Synth1. I guess he chose to move on. I don't think Exciton's been updated in over 5 years now. Still a fine synth though that works without issue in any host I've used it in.

Hi Michael!

I found the page I was thinking about, in the Kontakt 3 Manual. It says here, on Page 206:

21.2.1 PRO-53

This is the same filter section that is provided by Native Instruments' PRO-53 software synthesizer.

Aloysius wrote:Hi Michael!

I found the page I was thinking about, in the Kontakt 3 Manual. It says here, on Page 206:

21.2.1 PRO-53

This is the same filter section that is provided by Native Instruments' PRO-53 software synthesizer.
Which sounds from the little demo are you interested in ?

BTW. The finished bank is done, 64 preset and a new demo over at www.synthtronic.com

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

I liked pretty much ALL of what you managed to achieve with The Pro-53. Listened to the whole Demo and enjoyed every moment. I'd be interested in even a small 'ported' selection, that you believe could be a good 'marriage' between the original Pro53 and Kontakt (which utilizes the Pro-53 Filter in Kontakt 3 of course). I would imagine certain sounds would be more likley to 'translate' better than others! I hope you can figure something out! That would be really cool! :)

Return to “Instruments”