Cape Different - ElectroProg (Seismic Throwback)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

polyslax wrote:Very cool Tim! Love the way you manage the build up as always, great atmosphere, drama, tension and some really nice synth sounds to boot! :tu:
Cheers, Matt. Thanks very much for checking this out. Glad you liked it :)

It's odd, the way that my feelings about this track changed after almost 3 years. Maybe I was distracted when I first put it together. Strange. :ud:

seismic1 wrote:Cubix and Rezv2.0 on arp duty. Oatmeal on the lead.
Rez 2? Its gui still amazes me with cold glassy feel and seems to be something like cosmic space device operation panel. ;) I so much like its aggressive sound with drive, and many times used its extended phaser section. Cheers!
: : vokje : : oxebe : :

D.H. Miltz wrote:Nice work. I like the shift around 2:17. Also what is apparently a bubbly acid lead (I was thinking of it as a mouthpop-sounding synth until I read the thread). Enjoyed. Thanks, seismic1.

And, wait, Hot Hog Infusion?
Thanks for listening and commenting, DHM. Glad you liked it :)

The part beginning at 2:17 was odd. It didn't "feel" like something that I would write. The melody seemed out of character to me. I remember that part seemed to write itself very quickly, but I was unsure of its suitability until quite recently.

Thinking about the synths, I reckon the bubbly acid sound is the synth that appears at 1:22, although the arp synth that comes in at 3:12 could also fit the bill.

Hot Hog Infusion. Latest in my mini-series of beverage-inspired (and fuelled) pieces. It's just a fancy way of saying pork soup :wink:

The 1:22 synth is it.
No longer a moderator.

layzer wrote:
Frantz wrote:
seismic1 wrote:After the next track (Hot Hog Infusion) is done
:-o Is that name finalized? It sounds similar to this or perhaps I'm just demented. :ud:

Maybe that slang is US only.
hot pork injection? :scared:
I can't leave you guys unsupervised for a second :lol:

oxebe wrote:
seismic1 wrote:Cubix and Rezv2.0 on arp duty. Oatmeal on the lead.
Rez 2? Its gui still amazes me with cold glassy feel and seems to be something like cosmic space device operation panel. ;) I so much like its aggressive sound with drive, and many times used its extended phaser section. Cheers!
"cosmic space device operation panel" - that sounds like my wife's phone.

Rezv2.0 is an extremely capable synth. I was just laying down the foundations for a new piece tonight. Rezv2.0 featured prominently.

D.H. Miltz wrote: The 1:22 synth is it.
That one is Cubix

Final bump before the next track which, contrary to earlier indications, will not allude to hot sustenance. It won't be a remix either, but something more recent.

You'll have to wait for the infusion. I haven't finished it yet :)

Like the atmosphere.

I can see how you might've forgotten about this one for a while. If i made this and was still in 'composer mode', i probably wouldn't be overly enthusiastic about it.
But in listener mode, there's an interesting vibe to enjoy and a story told. And that's what counts when you can't even remember the intricacies of making something anymore.

nasenmann wrote:Like the atmosphere.

I can see how you might've forgotten about this one for a while. If i made this and was still in 'composer mode', i probably wouldn't be overly enthusiastic about it.
But in listener mode, there's an interesting vibe to enjoy and a story told. And that's what counts when you can't even remember the intricacies of making something anymore.
Thanks very much for the listen and comments, nasenmann. Glad you liked it :)

I think this track has contrasts with your Conflict of Interest. I added the middle section and throughout the rest of the composition phase, I felt that it didn't do the endpieces justice. I can't remember why I felt that way about it. I think something about the melody felt out of place. 3 years later, I couldn't figure out what the "fuss" was all about. :?

Another great track! I see you used AM KickLab XXL. I thought I was the only person in the world to have this plug? :hihi:
Nice work. :love:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

jethrobull wrote:Another great track! I see you used AM KickLab XXL. I thought I was the only person in the world to have this plug? :hihi:
Nice work. :love:
Thanks very much for the listen and comments. Glad you enjoyed it :)

I have used Kicklab on quite a few tracks, but I normally I use it as a "reinforcement" for an existing kick to fatten the sound, particularly during the busier parts of tracks. It's a great plugin.

Return to “Music Cafe”