Production Alliance

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've got Diva running and 8 voices going in one right now, smooth as silk.
Try running amplitube on macos x hosted on windows. Does even audio playback work?
I'm not sure what you mean by irrelevant, I suggest you look at WaveNet, which is running low R. It's not a huge technical achievement, but it can convey the relevance of high R capturing plugin snapshots. Additionally I think I would have to sample such spaces stochastically. I'm pretty sure the ability to clone any self-contained plugin would be of benefit to someone out there.
It's irrelevant because many people already know how to clone the products you mention using other methods, and they did. There is a reason for the fact that the market is a bit saturated.
~stratum~

:neutral:
Last edited by Vertion on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

:o
Last edited by Vertion on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Who was the guy running Kurzweil? I guess he was in audiodsp business for a long time and later found that A.I had a better potential somewhere else, he is now at google doing web search, I guess. I am not waiting for the day in which the whole google cloud will be turned into a giant synth.

There was some A.I methods in the field I guess. One I remember is by Stephan Bernsee, a synth that used artifical neural nets. I never had a chance to play with it. There aren't many similar things around. I guess it did not sound "analog" enough. :-)

Recently a developer named xoxos made a chaotic algorithm that synthesized odd sounding buzzes. To his disappointment public didn't show much interest.

Perhaps there is a problem with the public and they don't really want anything different? You know, Gibson les paul is still the coolest looking guitar and the most innovative change was made by PRS: Slightly lighter and has more frets and a tremelo! Adding that tremelo without messing with the tone is great artistic skill I'd say. Musicians have such golden ears and they are the ultimate traditionalists. Their ears will recognize the difference between your A.I. emulation of a plugin and the real one in an instant.
~stratum~

:hyper:
Last edited by Vertion on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

In my opinion you'll have a lot of fun while trying to implement this idea. The results may even make you a bit more humble. (Don't get angry at me for saying this). This stuff is inherently "simple" and it sounds right only if you respect that aspect.
~stratum~

:!: :idea:
Last edited by Vertion on Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Here is a picture of a well respected pickup maker. He has no PhD in any field, I guess. His name is Bill Lawrence.
BL&guit.jpg
Your favorite plugin designers are probably a "bit" different, but the spirit is the same, this is what musicians like and there is a reason for it. A.I. can make nice reverse engineering tools like melodyne. During "production" it's the same old school luthiership. Don't get fooled by books full of integral equations.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~stratum~

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”