Roland beat Behringer to Mini clone with Boutique SE-02??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Time for Moog to drop a 3-osc Mother.
Image Image Image Image

Urs wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Yep! For that, you will probably want the Ulimoog. :D
Or *cough* *cough* a Moog Mother.
Yeeeeeah, single osc. No thanks. :P

So the future is the 1970s, so all that post modernist crap was right !!!!!!!!
Duh

Anyone know when these will be available in the UK? Its likely to cost at least £500 here with the VAT.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Anyone know when these will be available in the UK? Its likely to cost at least £500 here with the VAT.
Checked gear4music and rubadub and both have it for preorder at £509.
Image Image Image Image

EvilDragon wrote:
Urs wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Yep! For that, you will probably want the Ulimoog. :D
Or *cough* *cough* a Moog Mother.
Yeeeeeah, single osc. No thanks. :P
Yes but in my Eurorack it just one flavour from 8 different oscillator :wink:

Its nice to haver a bit of real 'moog' even if just to support the foundation and ongoing development.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

sprnva wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Anyone know when these will be available in the UK? Its likely to cost at least £500 here with the VAT.
Checked gear4music and rubadub and both have it for preorder at £509.
Cheers.

SLiC wrote:Its nice to haver a bit of real 'moog' even if just to support the foundation and ongoing development.
I could see myself going for a DFAM if they decide to do a general release of them.

foosnark wrote:
SLiC wrote:Its nice to haver a bit of real 'moog' even if just to support the foundation and ongoing development.
I could see myself going for a DFAM if they decide to do a general release of them.
Ditto, loved the demos.....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

db3 wrote: Funny that Roland had to work with a partner on a Moog inspired design to produce a new analogue synth.
What's funny about it ? Roland stopped making analogue synths in the 80's. It wouldn't have made much sense to keep their engineers on the payroll and manufacturing plants on standby incase they ever wanted to start making analogue products again.
It makes far more sense to team up with companies who already have the engineers and manufacturing.

hmm .. maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing but

Someone commented on the mini keys, but this doesn't have mini keys. It has a sequencer.

A couple of "what no modular CV"!!! However, it clearly shows gate and CV outs on the back.

What am I missing?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

I was never into the Behringer clone. This one however is very interesting. This is also the first Roland product I've given two shits about in many, many years. If I wasn't slowly remodeling my studio, I'd buy it right off the getgo. Maybe by the time I'm back in the gear market there will be even more of these ultra cool repros.

SJ_Digriz wrote:A couple of "what no modular CV"!!! However, it clearly shows gate and CV outs on the back.
The sequencer can control modular gear, but that's very different from actually having CV modulation over various aspects of the synth, or being able to individually use parts of the synth in a modular way.

foosnark wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:A couple of "what no modular CV"!!! However, it clearly shows gate and CV outs on the back.
The sequencer can control modular gear, but that's very different from actually having CV modulation over various aspects of the synth, or being able to individually use parts of the synth in a modular way.
Actually there is CV and gate in. Not sure how you route the CV. but only trigger out. Maybe the Trigger will have a gate width, so it can be used as a gate function as well. But, otherwise it isn't a modular any more the the pseudo Behringer modular approach.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”