5%
Nemesis
6%
Saurus 2
10%

Total votes: 239

RELATED
PRODUCTS

discogsaddict wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:23 pm btw im more of sound designer but have to say tone2 synths all come with great presets. And the random feature in Warlock really surprised me.. literally a couple of clicks and i had very cool sounds. Impressive!
yeh, me too! Just wish it were MPE.

discogsaddict wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:18 pm Icarus 2 because i love the interface, sound and possibilities.. it can do everything and i enjoy both programming and playing it.

Have to say i love Warlock for simple yet great sounding and quite unique little synth. hard to make it sound bad

Ive got the demo to electra 2 and love some parts but find others dated, i really dislike the gui. I would definitely buy an Electra 3 with gui more like warlock or icarus and a few changes like bigger mod matrix

I also own Nemesis and Saurus2 which i like and find useful for their own unique sounds.

NKS support for tone2 synths would be awesome too
This is helpful info, thanks! I'm definitely leaning more towards picking up Icarus 2 from all I've heard.

Don't go by what you've heard, try the Demos first. That's the only way you'll find out if a synth is right for you or not.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

layzer wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:41 am Tone2 WAS ReFx,
and i dont think so.
i think its available only to those that
got it when they were ReFx :shrug:
MK programmed the audio engine for them, Tone2 never was reFX.
Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

crickey13 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:07 pm I have a question, guys. Is Tone2 Nemesis capable of handling 4-op FM operation? Does it allow linear FM between the two oscillators? Thinking about getting it, it seems a lot more flexible than I initially thought.
I don't think so. It has two oscillators but every oscillator has two operators (one modulator and one is carrier) but I can't see how you can modulate osc 1 by osc 2 (or vice versa). However, there are many kinds of synthesis and new ideas. It is a very interesting synth (Rayblaster also!). I'm going to delve into those two synths these days :)

mladi wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 10:58 pm
layzer wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:41 am Tone2 WAS ReFx,
and i dont think so.
i think its available only to those that
got it when they were ReFx :shrug:
MK programmed the audio engine for them, Tone2 never was reFX.
in my opinion it was as MK wrote: "Tone2 was founded since Michael from refx was unwilling to translate some of my ideas into action"
so, whatever.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I was one of the few to pick Gladiator, but that's likely because I have several other synths that I feel do most of what Tone2's collection does

Gladiator is one of the more unique tone2 instruments, it may be a little funky to use, but I love how bizarre and un-natural it's sound engine is
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

EnGee wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:00 pm I don't think so. It has two oscillators but every oscillator has two operators (one modulator and one is carrier) but I can't see how you can modulate osc 1 by osc 2 (or vice versa). However, there are many kinds of synthesis and new ideas. It is a very interesting synth (Rayblaster also!). I'm going to delve into those two synths these days :)
Meh, probably gonna go with either Gladiator 3 or Icarus 2 one of these days.

crickey13 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:03 pm
EnGee wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:00 pm I don't think so. It has two oscillators but every oscillator has two operators (one modulator and one is carrier) but I can't see how you can modulate osc 1 by osc 2 (or vice versa). However, there are many kinds of synthesis and new ideas. It is a very interesting synth (Rayblaster also!). I'm going to delve into those two synths these days :)
Meh, probably gonna go with either Gladiator 3 or Icarus 2 one of these days.
Icarus 2 is the newest synth and it's an excellent wavetable synth. I don't have it because I have too many wavetable synths, so I don't think of buying it.

Gladiator is different. The sound and synthesis are different. I think Gladiator can make more aggressive sound than Icarus, but I only demoed it for short time, so I'm not familiar with it.

Cheers for the reply. I think I'm gonna buy Icarus, as it seems to be the most comprehensive Tone2 synth. That resynthesis engine sounds super good.

:tu:

Icarus is clearly the top Tone2 synth... more people have picked it in the poll than all others combined!

I've owned Gladiator since around day one of v1, and it's still my fav Tone2 synth, but I haven't owned or really even used Icarus, Nemesis, or Rayblaster.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

I like Firebird the most because it's free and frakked over people with hacked versions of Tone2 products. :hihi:

Gladiator, good sound, vast possibilities. Want another synth like this but for physical modeling and audio importation.

Return to “Instruments”