Chorus for Bass

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bass Chorus BLEASS Chorus RP-AMOD Syntorus 2

Just another quick note to say that while combinatory solutions are worth knowing, I am not personally asking for a solution to a problem. I am wanting to make a list of plugins that can be used as a bass chorus. As is often the case at KvR, however, "want something different" will eventually become the consensus position. :hihi:
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

chagzuki wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:01 am Using kilohearts multipass allows for custom FX chains, and I frequently use it for high-passed chorus/ensemble FX.
Nice. That's $99 for Multipass and it comes with 6 snapins including chorus, right? In the end you would get a bass chorus plus a lot more.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

pough wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:55 pm Nice. That's $99 for Multipass and it comes with 6 snapins including chorus, right? In the end you would get a bass chorus plus a lot more.
Not sure about prices as I was careful to get stuff during sales, but there are handy aspects of being able to e.g. add stereo width control to each band, or distortion etc.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

keep in mind that a chorus modulation is basically just a bunch of vibratos in parallel. so if you want to hand-craft a chorus that works for a really specific bass sound, you might just want to slap a lot of busses with vibratos together in your daw of choice. you might find something unique and usable no one has ever found yet, because most chorus plugins are not designed to work best on a specific type of material, but more like allaround tools

pough wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:55 pm
chagzuki wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:01 am Using kilohearts multipass allows for custom FX chains, and I frequently use it for high-passed chorus/ensemble FX.
Nice. That's $99 for Multipass and it comes with 6 snapins including chorus, right? In the end you would get a bass chorus plus a lot more.
i wouldnt pay that much for it cos its been on sale for 30 a few times, good plugin though, unfiltered audio triad is similar and i think sounds a bit better but like them both

i think chorX and air multi chorus both have low cut for keeping the bass clean

you could also try tal dub (theres a few versions, its free) or other delay plugins that have modulation and filtering, echoboy, fabfilter timeless, valhalla delay, etc can do the same thing but not advertised as a chorus

pough wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:53 pm Just another quick note to say that while combinatory solutions are worth knowing, I am not personally asking for a solution to a problem. I am wanting to make a list of plugins that can be used as a bass chorus. As is often the case at KvR, however, "want something different" will eventually become the consensus position. :hihi:
Which makes absolutely no sense at all and making a list like that is a waste of time.
In times where any DAW can do literally anything (routing wise, etc...) you can use any chorus you like. Why limit yourself to choruses with low-cut options?

The Main Event wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:05 am Which makes absolutely no sense at all and making a list like that is a waste of time.
In times where any DAW can do literally anything (routing wise, etc...) you can use any chorus you like. Why limit yourself to choruses with low-cut options?
1. It's what I wanted to do.
2. Different DAWs have different capabilities and methods. I have zero interest in listing ways the more complicated method can be achieved in pieces of software I have never tried.
3. It's what I wanted to do.
4. Using plugins results in a simple, drop-in method of achieving the goal no matter which DAW you happen to use. It's potentially helpful for any bassist who is looking for a bass chorus and wants to keep things simple. DAW-agnostic solutions are good.
5. It's what I wanted to do.

By the way, I am not limiting myself. I am not incapable of routing things to use a different chorus plugin. I already knew how to do that. But now I have both the expertise to create a bass chorus using routing AND a list of great plugins that can be used to do the same thing without the routing. Seems to me like I have fewer limits.

And it's what I wanted to do.

For bass, I haven't found anything better than Cubases' stock choruses and flanger, all 3 of which have low and high pass filters for the effected bit. I know, sad, using stock plugins. :shrug:
edit:
ValhallaUberMod might do a good job.

soundtoys echoboy can be a nice chorus (preset 19-CE-1-Chorus) and has a low cut
same for primaltap (though a lot more sublte aka "transparent" aka not so chorusy)

Multiply which has been mentioned.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Do you know if with Valhalla Vintage Verb and/or Valhalla Delay is possible to achieve a Chorus Fx for Bass Guitar, and eventually how?
Thanks

Fuse Audio Labs Chorus-65 always gets overlooked. It's a model of the DOD FX65 Stereo Chorus guitar pedal, and is really good for bass if you're looking for some old school post-punk.

As far as I can tell, there is no significant difference between the FX65 and the FX62 Bass Stereo Chorus, aside from the colour, ±3, and the word "Bass."
Last edited by jamcat on Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Return to “Effects”