A1PrimeDelay v0.97b PUBLIC BETA - please join

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a1audio.de wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:00 am you may wanna try set the option "WOW Align LR" to "ALIGNED". that way wow modulation of left and right signal are exactly the same (= aligned).

I completely missed those arrows, lol. There is a bug with them. The first time I click them, it doesn't update the parameter status in the main display. Clicking it again will change the status text but it will display the opposite parameter setting. Moving the mouse away and returning it to hover over the arrows will then change the text to the correct status:
a1delay.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:07 am I completely missed those arrows, lol. There is a bug with them. The first time I click them, it doesn't update the parameter status in the main display. Clicking it again will change the status text but it will display the opposite parameter setting. Moving the mouse away and returning it to hover over the arrows will then change the text to the correct status:
thank you for pointing that out, we gonna fix that as well :tu:

Hello everyone,

there is a new BETA version of A1PrimeDelay ... it's 0.97b.

changes:
  • new DUCKER RECOVERY RATE parameter (= "RECOVER")
  • minor bug fixes
  • minor UI changes
for MAC users: please note that this specific beta version was build on a newer Xcode (because not having the right macbook at hand :dog:) and thus has a minimum required macOS version of 10.13. nevertheless, the final release version will also work on machines with macOS version 10.9 and higher.
Vortifex wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:13 pm It would be nice to be able to change the recovery time of the ducker. It's quite slow and I find faster recovery times more useful.
we decided to go with a "recovery rate" param that has a range from 1% (slow) to 100% (fast), because of our internal ducking algorithm, which is not really based on traditional envelopes. anyhow, we hope you find it useful :)

DOWNLOAD:
And again: If you want to test this new version, simply go back to the A1AUDIO website at https://a1audio.alexhilton.net/a1primedelay and then re-request the new download link(s) with your email-adr.

Vortifex wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 4:04 pm What setting am I supposed to use for a simple mono delay without any flanging? The closest I can get is ping pong enabled, merge L/R, and width at zero, but the taps are too quiet, and they briefly get louder before fading away.
we were discussing that internally here, and the answer is simply this :)

at least when it comes to the requirement of making the WET signal mono before it's getting repeated. obviously that would not make the DRY signal itself mono.

hope that helps :tu:

a1audio.de wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:34 pm there is a new BETA version of A1PrimeDelay ... it's 0.97b.
unfortunately again:
validation error in logic (v10.5.1, mojave, mac mini intel)

Code: Select all

validating Audio Unit A1PrimeDelay by A1AUDIO.de:

AU Validation Tool
    Version: 1.6.1a1 
    Copyright 2003-2013, Apple Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Specify -h (-help) for command options

--------------------------------------------------
VALIDATING AUDIO UNIT: 'aufx' - 'A1Pd' - 'A1Au'
Manufacturer String: A1AUDIO.de
AudioUnit Name: A1PrimeDelay
Component Version: 0.9.7 (0x907)

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -1,0xFFFFFFFF

validation result: couldn’t be opened

muki wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:22 am
a1audio.de wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:34 pm there is a new BETA version of A1PrimeDelay ... it's 0.97b.
unfortunately again:

AU Validation Tool

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:

i'm going to check that ... thanks for the info !

would be prudent to change the thread title in OP to the current version with each update.
I appreciate your hard work with this first commercial A1 plugin, i'll buy it to support, no questions asked. I'm hoping your second project might be some kind of pro version of your gate. 256 steps or something :P
Thank you Alex!

sqigls wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:53 am would be prudent to change the thread title in OP to the current version with each update.
you are absolutely right ... just did it :)
sqigls wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:53 am I appreciate your hard work with this first commercial A1 plugin, i'll buy it to support, no questions asked.
well, what can i say: thaaank you !!!
sqigls wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:53 am I'm hoping your second project might be some kind of pro version of your gate. 256 steps or something :P
Thank you Alex!
we have one other plugin what we are planning to release next, but after that one -> a better version of that gate is actually a great idea ! :phones:

muki wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:22 am
unfortunately again:

AU Validation Tool

* * PASS
TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:

unfortunately we were not able to reproduce this issue. we tested on 2 different macs (M1-based AND Intel-based) and both of them worked.

does anyone else have a problem with 0.9.7b and logic ?

a1audio.de wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:53 pm We've just uploaded new versions of A1PrimeDelay. It's now 0.94b.

You may wanna simply go back to the A1AUDIO website at https://a1audio.alexhilton.net/a1primedelay and then re-request the new download links with your email-adr.

This should be especially interesting for Logic Pro users, as we have fixed the issue with the failing validation (at least on our test systems).
0.97b working perfect on my mac running the latest logic X and mac Ventura. No issues with validation/crashing.

Raddler1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:43 pm 0.97b working perfect on my mac running the latest logic X and mac Ventura. No issues with validation/crashing.
ok, glad to hear that ... thank you for testing ! :)

Latest version working fine for me so far. I'm just wondering if you'd consider allowing the minimum unsynced delay time to be 0ms instead of 50ms. With it at 0 it becomes possible to use the plugin 100% wet as a colouring plugin using the filter, saturation and modulation etc without the 50ms lag.

Hi,
it is reacting very slow on mouse wheel. For example for a full turn the WOW knob I have to move the mouse wheel 40 times.

Intended? (OS=Win11, Mouse=logitech)
Last edited by Chris-S on Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Are the three PingPong modes explained somewhere?

Chris-S wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:26 pm Hi,
it is reacting very slow on mouse wheel. For example for a full turn the WOW knob I have to move the mouse wheel 40 times.

Intended? (OS=Win11, Mouse=logitech)
Same for me too, Logitech M590. I don't think it's related to the brand of mouse though, probably just tuned way too slow.

Return to “Effects”