Unsupported Plugins that work on Receptor!

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I got USB Ultra Focus to work (from what I can see) on Receptor.

Something Dan T. mentioned in an earlier thread tipped me off (when helping someone else install Spectrasonics Atmosphere. Since they are bothe UVI based ROMplers, I thought I'd give it a shot!).

Instructions:
--------------
1.) Copy UltraFocus.dll, the two .dat files, and the UltraFocus presets folder into the 'Unsupported Plugins' folder on receptor.

2.) create a 'Ultra Focus-custom-info.xml' file. Give it the following contents:

------ This line is not part of the file ----
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<vst-plugin-info version="1.1">
<vst-plugin-name>Ultimate Sound Bank Ultra Focus</vst-plugin-name>
<vst-plugin-flags>
<effEditOpen-returns-zero>1</effEditOpen-returns-zero>
</vst-plugin-flags>
</vst-plugin-info>
------ This line is not part of the file ----

3.) Load the unsupported plug from the 'Setup' Tab.

4.) This will bring up the USB Authorization page. Authorize as you would on a PC.

5.) Voila! Enjoy Ultra Focus on your receptor!\

Note. The patches are not necessarily 'receptorized'. You can choose them as you normally would in the plugin editor (via pulldowns, etc), but there are no Bank/Patch names from the patch selection pulldown on the mix page. I'm guessing someone with lots of spare time would need to export all of the patches as fxp/fxbs for this.

Me again.

I got USB Charlie to work. Same method as for Ultra Focus (see message above).

Sounds REALLY good too!

Some recent additions to the database that are known to be compatible:

Classic Auto-Filter
MONSTAchorus
Multimodefilter Mk1
Tube Booster ST
WAReverb
Karnage

tconrardy wrote: 2.Llama LoopyLlama and TremoLlama does not work.
Bummer..as LoopyLlama is an audio looper and would be such a nice live element with the big thing on audio loopers now. Seen a few concerts of Loopers...including Michael Manring ( famous bass player)
Loopy Llama v0.85 installs and works fine here Tim. Try the new version.

Novation's V-Station also now works now that they have dropped the challenge/response for a simple serial number!

Ben [KVR] wrote:
tconrardy wrote: 2.Llama LoopyLlama and TremoLlama does not work.
Bummer..as LoopyLlama is an audio looper and would be such a nice live element with the big thing on audio loopers now. Seen a few concerts of Loopers...including Michael Manring ( famous bass player)
Loopy Llama v0.85 installs and works fine here Tim. Try the new version.
Thanks ben..will try..and good news too!!

also BIG NEWS:

I helped beta test a new version of WusikStation, and now it works on Receptor. The new version is now avialable and even comes with a PDF on how to install on receptor ( my notes to them ;-)

This really opens some doors for Receptor as WS is pretty cool.

TC

Ben [KVR] wrote:Novation's V-Station also now works now that they have dropped the challenge/response for a simple serial number!
I just found out about the c/r authorization being dropped yesterday. I moved most of my music-making to the Mac some time ago, but couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle of moving VStation because of the C/R. It never occured to me to put it on Receptor...VStation is a wicked sounding little synth that would make a good VA for Receptor. I will try it today, myself. Thanks Ben!
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

I am happy to report that White Noise Audio's Zero Vector now works on Receptor without a
HITCH!! GUI works, you can change the skins. All presets work, and very good CPU on Receptor. This is GOOD NEWS!! Been playing Zero vector with my MIDI guitar..really great!!

This is one of the better VA emulations you will ever hear! The filters on this are really amazing! A great addition to Receptors arsonal.

TC

to Rober Karasek:

With term SOUND CORE I only thought that I will be searching internet to download some more VST plugins with sounds to test them in my Receptor.
Nothing special ... :-)

[/quote]
excuse my ignorance - but what is SOUND CORE for ?! is it a VSTi ?[/quote]

I have a MINIMOOG on my RECEPTOR... :P

Robert Karasek wrote:I have a MINIMOOG on my RECEPTOR... :P

Which one?

the minimogueVA (1.4.) ;) works great so far... but have to check it the next day when I have more time...

MiniMougeVA ( the new FREEWARE Mini-moog emulation) works on receptor via the unsupported method. A very nice mono-synth and pretty much sounds what it emulates!

http://home.no/gunnare

EDIT: also...for those that want the 'real" minimoog sound, see Dash signature for the MiniMoog Sound set for EVE ( which comes with Receptor) Really nice!

TC

in case someone is interested - some more freeware VST that work:

a) foxglove
b) leto
c) sds72k
d) dmi flute
e) rock - but it has problems with the GUI
;)

rob

Mr. Ray 73 (very nice!!!!)
Mr. Tramp
Mr McDonald.

A physically modelled Rhodes, Wurly, and Leslie respectively.
Mr. Ray is listed as working/unsupported, but Mr. Ray 73 is a vast improvement
on the original.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”