Your VSTi sounds analog? - OK then emulate this!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt wrote:d n d, trolls...
:lol:
Yeah but which kind of troll are you referring to?

Black troll - Also known as demon trolls, these horned trolls reside in the Abyss and possess powerful magical abilities.
Blood troll - Lawful evil red-skinned trolls who often serve devils.
Cave troll - Powerful, feral trolls that often live underground.
Crystalline troll - Charismatic troll with crystalline skin.
Deep Sea troll - These trolls have a primal connection to water. They terrorize the oceans and coastlines.
Desert troll - Chameleon-like, intelligent ambush hunters.
Fell troll - Huge, two-headed troll.
Fire troll - Immune to fire and acid.
Forest troll - Includes variant "muskwart".
Giant troll - Giant trolls are the result of trolls breeding with hill giants.
Gray troll - Having been nearly energy drained to death by undead creatures, these emaciated trolls forge strong ties to negative energy and have venomous spittle.
Ice troll - Cold-dwelling trolls.
Mountain troll - Massive trolls that prowl mountains. Includes variant Halruuan mountain troll.
Mur-Zhagul - Planetouched creatures descended from the mingling of trolls and demons.
Phaze troll - Mutated by great concentrations of magic or Underdark radiations, these trolls possess some magical powers and are more intelligent than their brethren.
Pseudo-troll - Troll from the Far Realm with the pseudonatural creature template.
Rock troll - Trolls with an affinity for earth, they possess natural camouflage in areas of stone. Rock trolls sometimes are found on the Elemental Plane of Earth.
Scrag - These are aquatic cousins of the troll.
Slime troll - The bodies of these underground-dwelling trolls constantly secrete acid.
Spirit troll - Spirit trolls are a crossbreed of troll and invisible stalker.
Stone troll - Stone Trolls have rough, somewhat rocky skin and are generally native to mountain ranges
Tree troll - Small arboreal trolls created by magic gone awry.
Troll hunter - An ordinary, though more cunning than usual troll who is not satisfied with merely eating civilized beings but trains to hunt them relentlessly.
Two-headed troll - These creatures are a horrendous crossbreed of troll and ettin.
War troll - Trolls bred for war that form mercenary companies.
Wasteland troll - Found in mountains and badlands of the deserts.

?

all those and more, hence the plural usage :)
Last edited by vurt on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote:all those and more, hence the ploral usage :)
Did you notice the "rock-troll"?

What is next? "Trance-troll"?

IncarnateX wrote:

they exist, iften seen at raves and parties.

Image :-o

I was recently watching the Futurama episode where Bender talks about how film cameras are so much better than digital cameras and Leela says "that makes no sense, your eyes are digital cameras!" Immediately thought of KVR.

Someone using a YouTube example to "prove" that analog cannot be reproduced digitally has lost their own argument in the funniest way possible.

vurt wrote:
IncarnateX wrote:

they exist, iften seen at raves and parties.

Image :-o
NO SHIT! :-o :-o :shock:

BTW: I am actually sitting in a DnD session right now and waiting for people to show up. I just showed your troll to our DM and he agrees that this one is the scariets of them all. Wonder about it' s statistics though I am not sure I really want to know.

Anyway. Time for some action. Se you around Vurt. Take care.

good christing god.

foosnark wrote: Someone using a YouTube example to "prove" that analog cannot be reproduced digitally has lost their own argument in the funniest way possible.
You need to read the thread mate because no one did that as far as I know. But suit yourself.

Arglebargle wrote:good christing god.

Eh?

hakey wrote:Eh?
:hail:

Gonga wrote:
zerocrossing wrote:
Gonga wrote:The fact is, there really aren't any specific things that VAs can't do really, really well anymore.
Except for the fact that I've never found a single software synth that does good internal overload types of sound. DCAM and Olga are probably the best I've heard, but they're not that good and certainly not as good as the sound that apparent in the Liepzig demos.
Fair enuf, but have you heard Monark's? It's amazing. This is an area that more than a few developers have mentioned here on kvr that has been overlooked a bit more than it should have been, since putting distortion after the synth is not the same as before the filter or overdriving the filter itself. But it has now been done well imo, and I hope we will be seeing more examples.
Honestly, I own Komplete 8 so no Monark. I actually felt a little bummed by v9. Cheap enough, I guess, but although Monark seemed interesting I can't get out of my head that it's a Reaktor ens and the improvement to Battery didn't excite me much. It seemed like they just wanted some extra cash so I passed until next time. Maybe I should hold my tongue a bit until I properly check Monark out. Boy will I feel stupid that I paid $800 for a Sub Phatty when I could have just upgraded to Komplete 9 for $112! :P Maybe I'm having trouble believing that NI could do something with Reaktor that is better than Diva.

All in all, I've always said though that for 90% or so of basic synth tones, software is fine, and much easier to use and deal with. Still I hear something that I'm pretty sure isn't my imagination. I had an Virus C, Ion, and a Nord Lead 2x in here and I got rid of all of them because it was clear to me that software did as good a job if not better. Trust me, I'm not turned on my my desktop MoPho's interface, that's for sure, but there's some magic when I crank that feedback that I've yet to find in the software world.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:Maybe I'm having trouble believing that NI could do something with Reaktor that is better than Diva.
In case of Monark, this is indeed true. Filter overload/feedback is definitely much better done in Monark. Not to mention you can actually pass your own audio through it ;)

Return to “Instruments”