Meet Zebralette 3 at NAMM

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One oscillator did all that?!? I feel like I'm in a spooky nightmare factory in a horror game. It's the little incidental sounds like the metallic taps that get me the most. Zebra3 is going to be such a masterpiece of sound-design

Shiek927 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 6:13 pm One oscillator did all that?!? I feel like I'm in a spooky nightmare factory in a horror game. It's the little incidental sounds like the metallic taps that get me the most. Zebra3 is going to be such a masterpiece of sound-design
One oscillator, 2 held notes. Also, just 1 waveform (so no waveform morphing). It's using the Additive Renderer... plus OscFX.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:56 pm My morning exploration...

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/Z3-37.mp3
Can't wait to steal that for next year's Halloween or I've just landed on an alien planet.
Ubuntu 24.04 (beta)- Liquorix Kernel (latency 1.15ms) - Pipewire & Wireplumber - bitwig - yabridge (dune, spire, pigments, valhalla)- CLAP - Vital - U-He - TAL - OSIRUS - Surge XT - discoDSP - Audio Damage
KORG Native for Linux please.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:26 pm
Jac459 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:14 am I am very very impatient lol....

Zebra 3 may be the synth of the year 2024 :-).
Zebralette 3 for 2024...

(I'm assuming Zebra 3 for 2025).
:-(

SH 101 only had 1 osc.... just saying

Jac459 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:26 pm
pdxindy wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:26 pm
Jac459 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:14 am I am very very impatient lol....

Zebra 3 may be the synth of the year 2024 :-).
Zebralette 3 for 2024...

(I'm assuming Zebra 3 for 2025).
:-(
Well, I can't speak for the team, but from what I recall the plan is to (hopefully) put out Zebralette 3 into a public beta soon. At which time, it'll go through several months of refinements based on user feedback and then be fully released. So let's say late spring at the earliest, likely early summer. After that, it's a matter of the team figuring out how much work is left to do.

We're still only in early February with pretty much the whole year ahead of us, so it's certainly feasible for Zebra3 1.0.0 to be released this year, but anything can happen. Time will tell, but imo if it's not released this year, it's practically a guarantee that it will be released in 2025.

Once more, I can't speak for the team, but the vibe I'm getting is the bulk of the work is almost, if not already, completed.

Challenge for pxdindy -- make something beautiful! lush pads, angelic voxes, twinkling bells; I'd love to hear something that sounds pretty!

Zebralette was really fine in combination with a midi-windcontroller (sending CC2 breath). Will it also be possible to use Zebralette 3 with CC2?

Shiek927 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:08 am Challenge for pxdindy -- make something beautiful! lush pads, angelic voxes, twinkling bells; I'd love to hear something that sounds pretty!
Does this satisfy as a lush pad?

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/Z3-40.mp3

Sounds pretty darn lush. But now I'm going to have LCD Soundsystem in my head all day...

Yeah, you wanted it lush
But honestly, you must hush
No, honestly, you know too much
So leave us, leave us on our own

Question: does Zebralette3 allow for per-voice offsets (i.e. per-voice tuning/envelope slop)? Voice index modulator perhaps?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:42 pm Question: does Zebralette3 allow for per-voice offsets (i.e. per-voice tuning/envelope slop)? Voice index modulator perhaps?
Nothing beyond Random, Alternate.

Urs wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:47 pm Nothing beyond Random, Alternate.
Thanks Urs. I'm always going to want a simple "Slop" knob in synths. Even digital/wavetable/additive ones. :)

I think those little tuning, envelope timing, filter cutoff/resonance offsets just sound cool. But I figure MMap to Voice Index should do something similar in the big-Z3.

pdxindy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:56 pm
Shiek927 wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:08 am Challenge for pxdindy -- make something beautiful! lush pads, angelic voxes, twinkling bells; I'd love to hear something that sounds pretty!

Sounds very 90s/digital, in a good way

pdxindy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:56 pm

It certainly is! :D

Like the previous user says, it actually is somewhat reminiscent of a 1990's digital pad, like something from the Roland JD-990 which is one of my all-time fave synths.

The main difference is that it sounds WAY more organic compared to synths from that era. At first I thought the pad was a bit metallic sounding, but it's just that it's so organic that it sounds ever so slightly 'harder' in tone.

If there's any one thing that's going to be objective about the Z3 oscillator, it's how organic it sounds.

Return to “u-he”