All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Amber (DCAM: Synth Squad) Cypher (DCAM: Synth Squad) Strobe (DCAM: Synth Squad)

vstliefhebber wrote:Any possibility to see an example of how the arpegiator/ sequencer works. With the demise of Fusor as a creative tool, I am very curious about the implementation .
Was it stated that fusor was going to be discontinued?!?! Or did you just mean in your workflow? That would really suck.

Btw, it would suck to lose the breverb option. Sure it's kind of old, but I still liked it.

The new reverb is good. I'm preferring it over Breverb.

@ DrGonzo well in to beta, nearing feature complete.

@ trusampler get in touch with our QA manager Drew Vernon

@masterhiggins not discontinued, but it'll play a substantially different role, bearing in mind the synths now have powerful seq/arp and effects.
Last edited by Angus_FX on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is dormant, I am no longer employed by FXpansion / ROLI.

Find me on LinkedIn or elsewhere if you need to get in touch.

Angus_FX wrote:@masterhiggins not discontinued, but it'll play a substantially different role, bearing in mind the synths now have powerful seq/arp and effects.
What I love about fusor is having several sequencers that you can route to various parameters in one or different synths. Is strobe going to have multiple sequencers simultaneously? That would rock.

Currently one monophonic sequencer (clocked to the arpeggiator, now independent of the LFO) and two polyphonic (can be clocked to LFO, Sub LFO, Ramp, Mod Envelope). Thinking of beefing the monophonic one up a bit as people have asked for it.

Each synth instance in Fusor2 has all that.

Angus_FX wrote:@ DrGonzo well in to beta, nearing feature complete.

@ trusampler get in touch with our QA manager Drew Vernon, drew /at/ fxpansion /dot/ com.

@masterhiggins not discontinued, but it'll play a substantially different role, bearing in mind the synths now have powerful seq/arp and effects.

Thanks Angus_FX - Email sent! :tu:
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Moog Matriarch/Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/DM12
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

June is nearly upon us. Will all synths within synth squad 2 and fusor arrive this year?

Angus, I would have 2 questions:
- Six boxes on the top left corner in Rob's video... ?
- I did not see any confirmation that there will be only 3 SS2 synths (?)

davidka wrote: - Six boxes on the top left corner in Rob's video... ?
Eight boxes?
You can morph between some presets.

June is nearly upon us. Will all synths within synth squad 2 and fusor arrive this year?
Strobe2 is very, very nearly done. The others will be far quicker, but can't make any guarantees about release dates.
I did not see any confirmation that there will be only 3 SS2 synths (?)
Certainly there's no particular reason for us to limit it to 3 this time around.

The eight boxes provide preset morphing, instant patch switching, and scratchpad / A/B functionality.

Angus_FX wrote:
Strobe2 is very, very nearly done. The others will be far quicker, but can't make any guarantees about release dates.
I did not see any confirmation that there will be only 3 SS2 synths (?)
Certainly there's no particular reason for us to limit it to 3 this time around.

The eight boxes provide preset morphing, instant patch switching, and scratchpad / A/B functionality.
Well, first please excuse me, looking back I could've polished my tone.
Thanks for your answers, I appreciate your quick response! :)

Angus_FX wrote:

preset morphing and instant patch switching... all synths should have this
really looking forward to strobe 2, bigups fxpansion :D

Angus_FX wrote:Certainly there's no particular reason for us to limit it to 3 this time around.
Yay! Let's hear about some digital-inspired synths? A PD synth with transmod and a step sequencer? It'd be even better than VirtualCZ. :)

Just wishful thinking? Yeah okay... :ud:

Don't! I grew up on FM (first keyboard - 2-op programmable Portasound; first proper synth - DX11) but right now I need to be getting Strobe 2 finished, not disappearing down a phase modulation rabbit hole.

I will say though, the new oscillator engine lends itself very nicely to some interesting digital FM things.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”