Available now: Tone2 Icarus3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Icarus3

Korg Supporter wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:22 pm
Doggo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:15 pm A Superb Synth, the transformation of the tone2 image is a very inspiring thing that reminds me of how 'hello games' not only turned things around which isn't easy but ended up with +respect.
Well done Markus!
Tone2 originally had a bad reputation?
Well there is a history for anyone that cares about history, it has been rocky but hey I am not here to rake over coals.

I am not in front of my PC to check, but is there a way around that to set that level in the matrix?

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:36 am I checked it out. I can confirm that Filter2 volume knob for the second bus only has and effect when the filters are set to parallel mode.
If you are in serial mode you must use master volume, the filter1 volume knob or the filter2 distortion type 'volume'.

I agree that this can be confusing, especially when you use only filter2 and have set filter1 to bypass. I am wondering why noone including myself ever noticed it during many years. It seems that this knob simply wasn't used by anyone as it is usually redundant with the master volume. Sadly it much too late to do a change here. Icarus behaves this way since 8(!) years and we must maintain downward compatibility with patches and songs.

I'll try to find a solution that doesn't destroy patches and songs. If it's not possible you'll need to deal with it 'as it is'.

Sorry,
Markus
It seems fine to me as is.There is really no need to adjust the volume of both filters independently unless they are in parallel where you need to balance the output volume of each filter

Doggo wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:15 pm the transformation of the tone2 image is a very inspiring thing that reminds me of how 'hello games' not only turned things around which isn't easy but ended up with +respect.
Korg Supporter wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 2:22 pm Tone2 originally had a bad reputation?
With all due respect, please do not sully this thread by re-publicizing old scandals (this is an etiquette completely lost on people today). Go ahead and read about it online if you wish (and be sure to discover Tone2's own statement on the matter if you do). Let sleeping dogs lie, as they say.

I start to appreciate it when was in need for more filtration and exotic harmonics ,using it side by side with other synths and as filter addict i was totally blown away how solid was sound of Icarus inside complex mix.
Some of you may remember that i made over 4000 presets for Firebird,which is absolutelly adorable synth for newbies,but Icarus is on another level and i am trying my best to shape interesting sounds for it in a modern set.
I am getting more interested and impressed by it,than i was 2 years ago.
The more i use it, the more my other 50+ synths keep dust in some hdd corner :):):)
Definitely worth it if,if you are modern songwriter/producer.
For my taste combination of synths like Icarus,Sylenth1,Massive,Viper,Vital and Thorn is palette of modern and vintage sound,something like to bring last 30 years of popular music genres sounds into one mix.
Sound is totally subjective topic,so it's more fantasy and imagination,that a real good vs bad sound or something.
I have mixes made entirelly with Firebird,which give super 90s euro dance vibe,no other synth can't replicate so nice and authentic way.
Especially virtual analog topic trigger so many emotions inside people imagination,when it's mostly detuning,imperfection and saturation imho.
Anyway,once man used to Icarus gui it's really easy synth,with so many intuitive stuff.
It's more intuitive and easy that Sylenth1,which to my standard is kind of example of simple intuitive and great synth.
Be happy,don't worry for pointless stuff :):):)

ChanceB wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:14 pm
Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 9:36 am I checked it out. I can confirm that Filter2 volume knob for the second bus only has and effect when the filters are set to parallel mode.
If you are in serial mode you must use master volume, the filter1 volume knob or the filter2 distortion type 'volume'.

I agree that this can be confusing, especially when you use only filter2 and have set filter1 to bypass. I am wondering why noone including myself ever noticed it during many years. It seems that this knob simply wasn't used by anyone as it is usually redundant with the master volume. Sadly it much too late to do a change here. Icarus behaves this way since 8(!) years and we must maintain downward compatibility with patches and songs.

I'll try to find a solution that doesn't destroy patches and songs. If it's not possible you'll need to deal with it 'as it is'.

Sorry,
Markus
It seems fine to me as is.There is really no need to adjust the volume of both filters independently unless they are in parallel where you need to balance the output volume of each filter
I think I found a good compromise that does not break downward compatibiliy. Will do some experiments tomorrow
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Markus, using different colours in Category to differentiate between Factory, Demo, Depreciated and Third party.. Brilliant.
Thank you.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:02 pm

Sorry,
Markus
I think I found a good compromise that does not break downward compatibiliy. Will do some experiments tomorrow
If you can easily fix it without breaking anything else great. Honestly I thought it was this way intentionally. Either way I love it and am anticipating the official release

ChanceB wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:54 pm
Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:02 pm

Sorry,
Markus
If you can easily fix it without breaking anything else great. Honestly I thought it was this way intentionally. Either way I love it and am anticipating the official release
There was a quick fix or.. not as to be seen as just quick but functional instead.. wich i used in many presets

Set ||filter2 -> distortion mode set as volume|| ... you can than modulate it in matrix ..
If you wanted distortion you could still set it in filter one.

But if Markus found a fix even better :) waiting to try out new distortion models..

*Tip for anyone interested, you can set filter balance on matrix destination ||Filter1->Balance||

Limitation make human imagination to look for better solution and more interesting interconnection of available parts - digging deeper into Icarus immediately found such,which makes me dig into different direction to find how to make better sound ,to achieve interesting dynamics and to squeeze harmonics different way i used to do it with other synths ...then start to realize how powerful Icarus is ,if man think out of the box - for example fx section have just three main slots you can combine delay,reverb,phaser so on,another three are just static clip,limiter,mix which is limitation,why not 5-6 at least,then i get curious load three different reverbs, add external fx and voila ambient sound i create have no match with anything i did before,cause no other synth i have can load three reverb and to generate such atmospheric sound ,so it's about imagination and creativity to use limitation as creative tool.
As i like to say - the only limitation is your imagination :):):)
Last edited by VELLTONE MUSIC on Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"A few mediocre sounds have been kicked to provide only top-quality content. You can download them optionally from the website."

Has anyone found a link to these or they haven't been uploaded yet?
Thanks in advance.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Icarus3 will be released on Friday.
There will be a link where "You can download them optionally from the website."
We do not have a support forum on kvr. Please refer to our offical location: https://www.tone2.com/faq.html

Will existing customers be notified of the update and get the URL for the upgrade?

I am lost as to whether I need to buy the upgrade now (I own V2.5) or it is ok to upgrade once it is released and the upgrade price will remain the same.

When you buy the upgrade now you will receive a key for Icarus3, the beta for mac and a download link for the full version (pc and mac) on friday.
The price will stay the same.
Existing customers will be notified by email, the forum and the website

Tone2 Synthesizers wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:55 am Icarus3 will be released on Friday.
There will be a link where "You can download them optionally from the website."
Thanks...
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”