One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thank you.

May I have an idea? Could a voting page provide continuous playback of all songs in the form of a play-list?

ElVincente wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:29 am Could not be worse than last month's novation V-station. Some patches I had to retune pretty every session :neutral:

Ghost would be great one and seems to be pretty stable already in my quick testing...
V-station and BassStation are a joke. It's a wonder Novation "maintained" them until a couple of years ago. They were probably okay at the beginning of the 1990s, but they haven't improved in any way since then.
Even 15 years ago, they were already pretty much obsolete.

maxym.srpl wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:19 am Thank you.

May I have an idea? Could a voting page provide continuous playback of all songs in the form of a play-list?
There is a SoundCloud playlist each month: https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc

That link didn't work out quite how I expected...
soundcloud.com/kvrosc

violator_alba wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:45 pm
maxym.srpl wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:19 am Thank you.

There is a SoundCloud playlist each month: https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc
I’m pretty aware of that. But it requires to constantly switch between two pages (sound cloud and the voting app). I think having an ability to play songs continuously within voting app could be beneficial.

As a follow-up to the above, I would like to propose a new layout for the voting page.
I'm aware it's additional work for the owner to be done and I'm not about to demand that in a slight way. Just please consider this change as a way of making voting more comfortable which might turn into ie more comments

The new way provides two features, significant for the way how I listen to and evaluate contributions. I often listen to them in the background switching between my actual activity and voting if I feel I'm ready to set the grade. Unfortunately, the current system doesn't provide continuous playback. It requires action for every song which stops playing at the end. It's pretty disturbing.
I would like to vote on a song that is remarkable at the moment but follows with listening without interruption.

Please notice, that if I'm ready to give "the five" after one minute of listening, voting implies stopping the playback, so I have to either skip the rest of the song or start playback from the beginning to enjoy it to the end. But in the latter case, I have to come back to a few minutes later to switch to another song.

Overall too many manual operations are required, which disturbs the listening. The more songs the longer the distance to drag widgets from point to point. Considering 40 songs escalates in frustration quickly.

What I propose would boast the following features:
1. It provides an option to listen continuously to all songs (as a playlist). Optionally with the option to stop at the song end or loop it
2. setting a value for each song doesn't stop its playback - this is most important. Voting doesn't interrupt listening to the song.
3. It could optionally offer options to sort songs by grade (a value or voted/non-voted).
4. pressing (radio)buttons is more comfortable than dragging-and-dropping. The change opens option to listen and vote on mobile phones (currently it's almost impossible to vote while listen on iPhone).

BTW there are two issues I would like to add on top of the above
1. The possibility of adding comments directly from the voting page would be a great addition. Not sure SC embeds give such an option though.
2. with a large number of tracks, the voting page stucks for many seconds (maybe even a minute or two) until it renders all players. Not sure if it's SC issue or so... The point is, it starts to draw something then stops for a long period if time... a user might feel confused. It happened to me I restarted the browser thinking it had crashed.

The new layout would be a single long list with grade buttons on the side. Thus playback would be completely independent from voting.

What do you think?

maxym.srpl wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:02 pm As a follow-up to the above, I would like to propose a new layout for the voting page.
I'm aware it's additional work for the owner to be done and I'm not about to demand that in a slight way. Just please consider this change as a way of making voting more comfortable which might turn into ie more comments

The new way provides two features, significant for the way how I listen to and evaluate contributions. I often listen to them in the background switching between my actual activity and voting if I feel I'm ready to set the grade. Unfortunately, the current system doesn't provide continuous playback. It requires action for every song which stops playing at the end. It's pretty disturbing.
I would like to vote on a song that is remarkable at the moment but follows with listening without interruption.

Please notice, that if I'm ready to give "the five" after one minute of listening, voting implies stopping the playback, so I have to either skip the rest of the song or start playback from the beginning to enjoy it to the end. But in the latter case, I have to come back to a few minutes later to switch to another song.

Overall too many manual operations are required, which disturbs the listening. The more songs the longer the distance to drag widgets from point to point. Considering 40 songs escalates in frustration quickly.

What I propose would boast the following features:
1. It provides an option to listen continuously to all songs (as a playlist). Optionally with the option to stop at the song end or loop it
2. setting a value for each song doesn't stop its playback - this is most important. Voting doesn't interrupt listening to the song.
3. It could optionally offer options to sort songs by grade (a value or voted/non-voted).
4. pressing (radio)buttons is more comfortable than dragging-and-dropping. The change opens option to listen and vote on mobile phones (currently it's almost impossible to vote while listen on iPhone).

BTW there are two issues I would like to add on top of the above
1. The possibility of adding comments directly from the voting page would be a great addition. Not sure SC embeds give such an option though.
2. with a large number of tracks, the voting page stucks for many seconds (maybe even a minute or two) until it renders all players. Not sure if it's SC issue or so... The point is, it starts to draw something then stops for a long period if time... a user might feel confused. It happened to me I restarted the browser thinking it had crashed.

The new layout would be a single long list with grade buttons on the side. Thus playback would be completely independent from voting.

What do you think?
Excuse me, they edit the very first post of the thread where we submit our entries so that they are all on a playlist that plays continously. I will like that list so I can easily return to it via my likes on soundcloud.

And from the voting page, if you want to comment there is a spot you can click that will take you directly to their soundcloud song page to comment.

With that said, trying to improve is nice. Not sure if it's worth it with those two issues not really being issues. A vote score of 1 to 10 would be nice.

Hey @Silverpants @ZioMau ! Happy new year!

Thanks for reaching out! :D (And sorry for the late reply)
I haven't used Discord in ages and try my best to avoid the whole internet in general. ;) But I'll try to come back to OSC sooner or later. :tu:

I actually started on an entry last month using Chipsynth MD by Plogue, it sounds nothing like Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive music… :lol:
But my 6700K CPU could finally not handle the amount of instances and I gave up.
But at least I managed to finish the art work for the track. ;)

I could buy a maxed out AMD 7950x music computer right now, but the new 9950x chip will be released this summer - so I'll patiently wait for that one. 8)

It seems both of you have won or have been in the Top 5 many times, Congrats! :party: I'll have to check out those entries on Soundcloud!

Anyhow I'll show up in some future OSC, see you guys soon! :D
Fusion

Yadrichik_Chaya wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:07 am Hey @Silverpants @ZioMau ! Happy new year!

Thanks for reaching out! :D (And sorry for the late reply)
I haven't used Discord in ages and try my best to avoid the whole internet in general. ;) But I'll try to come back to OSC sooner or later. :tu:

I actually started on an entry last month using Chipsynth MD by Plogue, it sounds nothing like Sega Genesis/Sega Mega Drive music… :lol:
But my 6700K CPU could finally not handle the amount of instances and I gave up.
But at least I managed to finish the art work for the track. ;)

I could buy a maxed out AMD 7950x music computer right now, but the new 9950x chip will be released this summer - so I'll patiently wait for that one. 8)

It seems both of you have won or have been in the Top 5 many times, Congrats! :party: I'll have to check out those entries on Soundcloud!

Anyhow I'll show up in some future OSC, see you guys soon! :D
Hi, I'm glad to hear from you too!) ZioMau sends greetings from Discord, and I will take the liberty to say that Silverpants also joins our joy to hear from you, we miss you and your music at OSC! Although I can't argue with the fact that spending time without the Internet is a great idea! :lol:

A beautiful and stylistically verified cover, I like this circles overlay cutting, maybe this will come in handy with one of the future tracks?)

The synthesizer of the month, Regency, is challenging already in the creation of basic waves, and these are only the CLAP and FL native formats. It will be great if you find time to submit, but at least just don't forget about us and write sometimes! :pray:

I wish you kind (eh, there is no right word for this in English) and inspiration! We are always glad to see you! :hug:

Can u add Audius to the supported platform?
Audius is pretty cool cuz u can upload unlimited amount of music for the free tier.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

3lu5iv3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:05 am Can u add Audius to the supported platform?
Audius is pretty cool cuz u can upload unlimited amount of music for the free tier.
This seems quite interesting. I see that it's a completely decentralised protocol based on Ethereum using their own $Audio tokens. Seems to have a few big(ish) name backers too.

Uploading unlimited content would seem to be highly dependent on the availability and capacity of content nodes. Any idea how big/established this is ?

For anyone interested, this is probably a good place to start: https://help.audius.co/faq

neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:58 pm
3lu5iv3 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:05 am Can u add Audius to the supported platform?
This seems quite interesting. I see that it's a completely decentralised protocol based on Ethereum using their own $Audio tokens. Seems to have a few big(ish) name backers too.

Uploading unlimited content would seem to be highly dependent on the availability and capacity of content nodes. Any idea how big/established this is ?

For anyone interested, this is probably a good place to start: https://help.audius.co/faq
I want to believe. OTOH US government/SEC/big banks hate crypto.

neverbeeninariot wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:58 pm

I don't know how big/established this is but I'm sure
It will help others who doesn't have/use the paid version of SoundCloud.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

will Zebralette 3 beta used as a synth of OSC181?
SoundCloud

3lu5iv3 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:34 am will Zebralette 3 beta used as a synth of OSC181?
I hope not. It is not ready for prime time, IMO. If you've tried the beta then you'll know what I mean; there are quite a few bugs and it is very cpu hungry when using the additive engine. When it has received a bit of TLC from the devs however, I'd love to see it in OSC - it amazingly powerful.

Charlatan3 is also in beta but a lot more stable and might be a better choice in the short-term?

Return to “Instruments”