Free 10-band parametric EQ from ddmf

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hovmod wrote:Thanks! I downloaded the IIEQ, and I'm giving it a go now.
I'm getting a loud rumble from the low shelf when there's no audio coming through. Disabling the lowest band hushes it up.

I'm also getting some pops and ... uh ... stepping effect while turning the gain knobs, so I wouldn't be able to automate it. Once set the sound is pristine and I like it a lot.
In which host is that? There were two or three complaints like that now, and I have the impression that it must be host-specific.
Debutante wrote: I'm getting no pops or crackles OR *latency* in FL6. Aren't LP eq's supposed to give some kind of latency?!?!? It's great, but just curious
Yes, but the IIEQ is NOT an LP EQ; the LP10 is...

Thanks for this EQ - I really like it :D

Nice to have a good non-graphical to use when I find I'm not getting good results from FL's built-in graphical 3-param EQ on each track. In fact, I find that it's an entirely different experience altogether to use a good non-graphical parametric EQ like this one - I'm learning (or re-learning better) a lot!

I can't help but think it would be nice to have a 5-band in addition to the 10-band - I normally don't need so many bands, but it takes a bit of time to disable the ones I don't need when there are so many, and I end up using more than I need (and thus more CPU than necessary) because I forget which of the bands corresponds to which aspect of the sound - don't take that as a request, since you've already released such a great product for free, but if you're so inclined I think it would be nice :P

docdued wrote:
Hovmod wrote:Thanks! I downloaded the IIEQ, and I'm giving it a go now.
I'm getting a loud rumble from the low shelf when there's no audio coming through. Disabling the lowest band hushes it up.

I'm also getting some pops and ... uh ... stepping effect while turning the gain knobs, so I wouldn't be able to automate it. Once set the sound is pristine and I like it a lot.
In which host is that? There were two or three complaints like that now, and I have the impression that it must be host-specific.
Well, it happens in both energyXT and Tracktion 2.
This is a recording of it, with absolutely nothing coming in, and no other effects at all.

If I disable the lowest band, OR run some audio through it, it disappears.

docdued wrote:
Debutante wrote: I'm getting no pops or crackles OR *latency* in FL6. Aren't LP eq's supposed to give some kind of latency?!?!? It's great, but just curious
Yes, but the IIEQ is NOT an LP EQ; the LP10 is...
...heh heh heh...OOOOOOOOoooooooooh. My hasty reading of the initial post... or not reading... :troll:

Rellik wrote:Thanks for this EQ - I really like it :D

Nice to have a good non-graphical to use when I find I'm not getting good results from FL's built-in graphical 3-param EQ on each track. In fact, I find that it's an entirely different experience altogether to use a good non-graphical parametric EQ like this one - I'm learning (or re-learning better) a lot!

I can't help but think it would be nice to have a 5-band in addition to the 10-band - I normally don't need so many bands, but it takes a bit of time to disable the ones I don't need when there are so many, and I end up using more than I need (and thus more CPU than necessary) because I forget which of the bands corresponds to which aspect of the sound - don't take that as a request, since you've already released such a great product for free, but if you're so inclined I think it would be nice :P
I believe the developer said that disabling frequency bands doesn't affect the CPU, which is already super-low. So I wouldn't worry about going through and disabling bands.

And just let me say: This is a very impressive free EQ! Thanks, docdued!

Hovmod wrote:
Well, it happens in both energyXT and Tracktion 2.
This is a recording of it, with absolutely nothing coming in, and no other effects at all.

If I disable the lowest band, OR run some audio through it, it disappears.
I just installed the energyXT demo version on my PC, and everything seems to work fine. Sorry, but at the moment I have no idea what could be the cause of this problem... :(

Hats off dude, sounds nice. No probs so far in Cubase.

Any Plans on fixing the bugs for this plug?

The only bug I know of is the rumbling sound that occured in some cases when there is no audio going through. Problem is, I have never been able to reproduce this myself, so I am in a difficult position to resolve this bug. Of course I would like to make IIEQ as bugfree as possible, so I'll keep on trying all possible combinations on my home workstation to see if I can catch it in action...

Thanks if its any help im using fl studio 6 and have an amd processor. In use it pumps but I can stop that by disabling the low shelf. so the pumping is not my main concern. but at random times i get a loud burst of sound that shoots of my db meter. Im really liking this eq and would just buy the lp10 but i need a good mixing eq with low cpu and low latency. Thanks for the response.

Lee702 wrote: at random times i get a loud burst of sound that shoots of my db meter.
I've noticed this in Tracktion, but not randomly: it seems to happen when I re-arrange tracks for some reason.

I saw this thread which I've been looking at before so I tested the plugin again on my drums. The low frequencies love this plugin (an amateur observation) and my drums came alive!

Lee702 wrote:Thanks if its any help im using fl studio 6 and have an amd processor. In use it pumps but I can stop that by disabling the low shelf. so the pumping is not my main concern.
I was able to reproduce the pumping with one specific snare sound in Fruity Loops now, and I have changed some bits of the code so that this "effect" has disappeared on my machine. Could you please check whether the bug is still persistant for you with the current dll?

Docdued the pumping problem is fixed. Now the only problem I am having is when I load a project and insert more than one eq on separate channels the sound busts out of control really loud. Try about two or the of the eq and please turn you monitors or headphones down. Thanks for you help

Thanks for testing! Again, at the moment I can't reproduce this bug (in Cubase I have already done projects with about 10 IIEQs without problems, and also in Fruityloops I can't seem to get this), but I'll keep on trying...

Return to “Effects”