Wow... really not happy!I (+ wusik censoring!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OverDose wrote:
Emory Wilcox wrote:...
Who's being a kid on a playground, now? I didn't realize I was wasting my time with my post. I'm glad you're not my kid.

LarryAW wrote:I didn't realize I was wasting my time with my post.
well, now you know. :shrug:
LarryAW wrote:I'm glad you're not my kid.
+1
Last edited by OverDose on Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hink wrote:
iaminsane+ wrote:
cyanogen wrote:Yeah, I remember that. It was something like, "If x (I don't remember the number) amount of people don't buy WS, I'm shutting the company down." He really needs to hire a business manager.
well if 500 people don't buy my record right now, I'm not making any more music!!!!!
if 500 people bought anything I wrote I'd run naked across the infield at Fenway park with their names written on my ass*
Can you imagine the size of that ass?

Oh yeah, this is another boneheaded scam by william that he will no doubt change within the next 3 months... :roll:

Hi guys,

As you may know, we produce Viral Outbreak, a WusikEngine-powered VSTi. This news is as bizarre for me as it is for all of you - I'm not exactly sure what WK's goal is honestly here.

Still, I want to reassure people that its still possible, and will continue to be possible, to purchase *outright* the WusikEngine without any monthly fees. Viral Outbreak contains the full V4 engine, and when V5 is finalized I will be releasing a free engine update as well. That type of traditional sales model is working just fine for us.

I think right now the problem is there is a confusion-factor from the suddenness and extreme nature of the changes...

Cheeso wrote:
Hink wrote:
iaminsane+ wrote:
cyanogen wrote:Yeah, I remember that. It was something like, "If x (I don't remember the number) amount of people don't buy WS, I'm shutting the company down." He really needs to hire a business manager.
well if 500 people don't buy my record right now, I'm not making any more music!!!!!
if 500 people bought anything I wrote I'd run naked across the infield at Fenway park with their names written on my ass*
Can you imagine the size of that ass?
some might say I'm all ass :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Emory Wilcox wrote:What is wrong with you idiots? All you do is bash and bash and you don't care who gets hurt. You don't like what William K did. Fine. But all this crap is hurting others besides him. What about all the people who have business relationships with William K? Anyone seeing this stuff and does not want to plow through it all to figure out exactly what is what will most likely be put off. And why? The product still is as good as it was whether some of you like it or not. Others might like it still but not now given all the crap thrown around. And all just to hurt one person. My oh my. We don't care how many people get hurt as long as we get a good shot in on William. You don't like his decision. Ok it was a business decision period. If you don't like it fine. In truth nothing he has done will hurt anyone. No one is going to get shortchanged. And if you think you will then just write to him directly and explain your situation. Given his history with others I'm sure he'll give you a favorable answer. Is he a great communicator. No. Does understand business very well. Probably not given his history. But he does not deserve this kind of reaction. And you could talk with him directly instead of doing this kind of public warfare. Oh but go on and throw some more crap at him, at me, whoever. What does it matter if more people get hurt by all this who are simply trying to put out a decent product and have no real part of this decision. Give me a break. Is anyone here an adult enough to realize collateral damage does matter and warfare is not an adequete answer when there are so many other alternatives? Are we all back on the playground again?

Dude , there's this thing called a paragraph, look into it!!! :D :D

I hope that the vendors have a more informed, predictable experience with William than his customer base. Can you imagine becoming a loyal follower of some other wusik powered synth only for William to have some other extreme decision and (as it seems like in this case) not bother to confer with his vendors leaving them shafted?

To be honest, this whole thing today has turned me right off of any wusik powered products as I really can't have any confidence in the future of a product with this kind of product management. If the product has have been outstanding I'd have maybe sat on the fence, but there ya have it.

contrary wrote:
Emory Wilcox wrote:What is wrong with you idiots? All you do is bash and bash and you don't care who gets hurt. You don't like what William K did. Fine. But all this crap is hurting others besides him. What about all the people who have business relationships with William K? Anyone seeing this stuff and does not want to plow through it all to figure out exactly what is what will most likely be put off. And why? The product still is as good as it was whether some of you like it or not. Others might like it still but not now given all the crap thrown around. And all just to hurt one person. My oh my. We don't care how many people get hurt as long as we get a good shot in on William. You don't like his decision. Ok it was a business decision period. If you don't like it fine. In truth nothing he has done will hurt anyone. No one is going to get shortchanged. And if you think you will then just write to him directly and explain your situation. Given his history with others I'm sure he'll give you a favorable answer. Is he a great communicator. No. Does understand business very well. Probably not given his history. But he does not deserve this kind of reaction. And you could talk with him directly instead of doing this kind of public warfare. Oh but go on and throw some more crap at him, at me, whoever. What does it matter if more people get hurt by all this who are simply trying to put out a decent product and have no real part of this decision. Give me a break. Is anyone here an adult enough to realize collateral damage does matter and warfare is not an adequete answer when there are so many other alternatives? Are we all back on the playground again?
Dude , there's this thing called a paragraph, look into it!!! :D :D
Indeed. I was transfixed by the wall of words...but could not...read...any of it... :shock:

virtualuk wrote:I hope that the vendors have a more informed, predictable experience with William than his customer base. Can you imagine becoming a loyal follower of some other wusik powered synth only for William to have some other extreme decision and (as it seems like in this case) not bother to confer with his vendors leaving them shafted?

To be honest, this whole thing today has turned me right off of any wusik powered products as I really can't have any confidence in the future of a product with this kind of product management. If the product has have been outstanding I'd have maybe sat on the fence, but there ya have it.
The vendors already have license agreements in place. You'll enjoy the many fine products from IK Multimedia, Native Instruments, Cakewalk etc, and they will enjoy the money you send them from selling your Wusik license, and VISA will enjoy raking in the %interest% on the unpaid balance :wink:

OverDose wrote:
LarryAW wrote:I didn't realize I was wasting my time with my post.
well, now you know. :shrug:
LarryAW wrote:I'm glad you're not my kid.
+1
I do indeed realize I was wasting my time. I have absolutely no idea what the violin was for. Do you? I haven't lost one cent in any of this. Boo hoo for me. Maybe it's meant to be irony, like WilliamK intentionally shooting his own foot every so often, knowing full well it will cause numerous people to sprint to his defense. Yes, that it. Irony. Nah. I doubt he's that smart. :hihi: He did irritate the living hell out of me. I guess he was just being an asshole. One point for you, Mr. Clueless.

manytone wrote:
iaminsane+ wrote:[
i do wish him luck, but mostly I hope those who make sound sets (artvera, etc) and those who license the engine (manybass, etc) aren't negatively impacted. IMHO, they were the ones that made wusikstation compelling to me. I didn't care much for the pedestrian stock sounds.
Correction to this post
ManyBass is not Wusik Engine based. Nor is it licensed from Wusik.

Of our 4 main products, we only license the ManyStation engine from William.
We love what it does to our sounds!
As far as we are concerned, William can do as he wishes with his business.
Cheers
Paul
whoops. I stand corrected. When looking at manybass I noticed the discount references with manystation. I ASSUMED (and now I am the ASS!) that manybass, manystation, etc all ran off the same engine.

regardless - manybass rocks. I bought it. i love it. thanks paul (and just how was that maiden concert) :D

still - it was the third party content (NSL and artvera and spacehawk) that I use in wusik. So I hope they all fair well!

virtualuk wrote:I hope that the vendors have a more informed, predictable experience with William than his customer base. Can you imagine becoming a loyal follower of some other wusik powered synth only for William to have some other extreme decision and (as it seems like in this case) not bother to confer with his vendors leaving them shafted?

Our license agreements with William cannot result in our clients getting shafted because we purchase the rights to the Wusik synth - and all updates to that synth.

Wusik is pretty darn stable and has been around a long time - so most really bad bugs are gone. Usually a bug fix update centers around a bug introduced with a new feature added to the engine, not one that has been around for a long time.

You will be able to get all your updates through the vendor you bought your Wusik-based product from.

Mike

okay so with 9.95 membership alone He makes 6 grand a month.

72,000 a year alone on a 9.95 subscription.

This does NOT include the 20.00 license fee for dev's / or users. Not a monthly fee it looks like, but a one time fee that with enough licenses makes for a nice new soonercraft or whatever the f**k.

"maximum number of 600 users that we will allow at one time"

this means anytime he wants to give himself a raise and try for a 6 digit income alone on subscription he can.

I bet he's voting for McCain too.

Maybe he works for Roger Nichols?

maybe gas is expensive where he lives. I mean its only just over 4.50 for me where I'm at..thats nothing.. :D

Yep, gas is expensive over here in the states. However, our brothers and sisters across the ponds have let me know time and time again that they pay double to triple what we pay. I cannot even fathom that.

Meanwhile, something inside tells me William is just not living so high on the hog like people think. To me, is sounds like he lives in a small apartment with his wife and pet. Somehow, it simply must be expensive to do what he does and live where he lives. I have gathered this from his and my many conversations over the years.

Mike

I don't have a problem with the price, I think it's a very reasonable price. I just deplore the tactic that William has chosen to use by saying we have to pay him up front for a product that we may or may not end up liking. Sorry, but that's just not good business sense in any book and a definite way to piss people off (as today has clearly demonstrated)

Return to “Instruments”