SynthMaster 2.6, 2.7 roadmap, add your feature requests...

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bobbybland wrote:Hey that'd be cool 8)
Ok then, I'll make that happen before the "official" release in December!
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I wish the synth would remember the midi controls i assign to it when opening up new instances of the synth or start new projects with it.

Alchemy does a nice job of this.

Lp.

gamesound2000 wrote:I wish the synth would remember the midi controls i assign to it when opening up new instances of the synth or start new projects with it.

Lp.
It remembers at the preset level, not globally yet. I might quickly add the following for instance: global midi links for Easy parameters 1-8.

How about that?
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
gamesound2000 wrote:I wish the synth would remember the midi controls i assign to it when opening up new instances of the synth or start new projects with it.

Lp.
It remembers at the preset level, not globally yet. I might quickly add the following for instance: global midi links for Easy parameters 1-8.

How about that?
Good idea, hopefully the 8 "Easy controls" will still work via parameter access ...

I'm extremely happy to see the sample support. I love tweaking non-electronic sounds. Which brings me to this feature request- how about granular? I've heard samples on other sites, and this is the kind of sound I'm looking for. Thanks.

I was a bit surprised to see that the Windows version doesn't come with an installer like most synths of this caliber do. Not that it's a big problem and some would prefer not to have one but installers do seem a bit more professional to me :)

Will there be an installer available in future releases?

Nielzie wrote:I was a bit surprised to see that the Windows version doesn't come with an installer like most synths of this caliber do. Not that it's a big problem and some would prefer not to have one but installers do seem a bit more professional to me :)

Adding an installer is not a big deal, and maybe we'll add that with our official release. The reason we use a zip file is we can dynamically add files (like the application DLLs) to the zip file during the download process. And our behind the scenes build process creates the zip file automatically, so that's why we dont have an installer, yet.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Nielzie wrote:I was a bit surprised to see that the Windows version doesn't come with an installer like most synths of this caliber do. Not that it's a big problem and some would prefer not to have one but installers do seem a bit more professional to me :)

Adding an installer is not a big deal, and maybe we'll add that with our official release.
That would be very nice. Thank you, I'm going for a purchase then :)

I'd like a search box in the preset browser.

Have played around with the demo, some very nice and playable presets included (not sequenced and arpeggiated to death)!
My feature request No. 1 (for almost all synths that don't support this yet) is a "mono mode" where each voice reacts to one dedicated midi channel, so you can use polyphonic pitch bending and CC controllers when using a controller that sends polyphonic notes on different channels (like e.g. the Eigenharps or certain midi guitars). (Polyphonic aftertouch already allows similar effects for one dimension, e.g. the Eigenharp has three dimensions per key, so it would be nice to be able to control polyphonic pitchbends, e.g. volume with poly aftertouch and per key filter cutoff with CC1/channel)

Thanks and greetings,
NothanUmber

I was messing around with arp sequencer and find it lacking a little.

When you stretch a note out, it throws the beat count for the loop off. If you set for 16 steps. And say you have one note for each 16th step. Now if you take one of the notes and make it twice as long you still have 16 notes not 15. So it throws the loop off. This is also true for other step lfos as well.

Can you adjust the duration of each step?

Also it would be nice to use the mouse wheel to adjust the volume of each step.

I beat grid would be helpful as well.

So far one of the best synth step sequencers is the one in Karma. Works very nice, incorporating some of it's functionality would be great. Their step sequencer is under their Controller module.

Larry

gamesound2000 wrote: Can you adjust the duration of each step?

I'll add mouse wheel support for the arp view control in the next build.
Regarding step lengths, you mean the arp step lengths, right? you can already adjust them, just click on the step volume and move the mouse left/right!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

I know I said and a few times already but please do get those syncing rates for LFO and delay right :wink:

I can see this synthesizer is highly developed, however I do believe you're best of with finishing the 2.5 as a proper, final version. For example, in the first post of this thread there is SFZ support mentioned for a version 3.0 but it's already in now, which is great but also makes me wonder how focused you really are with this.

There is other stuff on my list, like MIDI CC 7 not working by default (sets master volume actually to zero but not up again, have to midi learn it again to make it work). Also there shouldn't be an option to save presets not as *.smpr as I really had issues with this in first place. Not sure if it should be this way, but when the filter cutoff is fully opened, the filter curve disappears. It could be to show that there is no filtering going on, but it could be also a bug, not sure. Also easy controls never work when I assign them to any parameter here.

Now back on topic with what I would like to see for any future versions:

The arpeggiator should have it's own menu like the FX and LFOs. It's just a little complicated to make proper adjustments in the small window in a layer .

Another thing on my mind would be a real wave support, not just SFZ also a slight improvement of the SFZ support. I used the free app sfZed to make some SFZ and it works like 2 out of 5 times to get them into SynthMaster. So for a real wav support, there could be something like a new play mode, where you could set start / end points, loop mode. I believe it will be great fun to feed a vector oscillator with different bits of different samples and morph between them.

Another request would be: you do have partial presets which is a really great feature, however there are none with SynthMaster by default. Some people might just not use that because they are none to start with, just like different oscillators set up. Sure I can always make my own by saving partial presets from existing presets but also it would be nice to have a little factory selection here right from the start.

Just my first thoughts ;)

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for your comments! We really appreciate them!

I'll look into CC7 issue.

Regarding partial presets, you're right :( I'm gonna populate them as much as I can before releasing 2.5 officially!

Also, regarding SFZ , could you email me one that doesnt work in SynthMaster?

THanks!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
gamesound2000 wrote: Can you adjust the duration of each step?

I'll add mouse wheel support for the arp view control in the next build.
Regarding step lengths, you mean the arp step lengths, right? you can already adjust them, just click on the step volume and move the mouse left/right!

Bulent

I meant the gate time for each step. If you want to make very short note durations.

Return to “KV331 Audio”