psyGEN Granular synth and sequencer (RELEASED)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karmacomposer wrote:Wow, this looks stellar! I'm buying it the moment it's released (assuming I can afford it). What is the cost going to be?

Mike
$33.50. 8) :?:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

xx JPRacer xx wrote:I already bought psyBOX and was thinking of getting Ambitron. Can you tell us how psyGEN will compare between the 2 other products, how they overlap? Is Ambitron and psyBOX can do things psyGEN can't?

Thanks and great plugins BTW! :tu: :D
Both psyBOX and Ambitron are only two channel whereas psyGEN is 16.

psyGEN has a 64 step sequencer whereas the others do not have any sequencing.

psyBOX is geared to long, evolving ambient drone sounds. Ambitron takes that a step further and adds more modulation capabilities and provides a "pilotless" mode where sounds can morph over time based on randomization of source samples and patches or can be forced by user control. It also employs vector control of the two channels whereas interaction over time causes unusual effects to occur in something called "clash mode." What this means is that the user sets up the modulation effects that will occur when the two channels occupy the same position in the vector control box.

psyGEN allows for the creation in one patch up to 16 synthesized patches that can either be rhythmic or, interweaving sound scapes or, a combination of both.

psyGEN provides a degradation/distortion feature to create ring modulation or completely mangled sounds. psyGEN has randomization of granular and synthesizer parameters. It also comes with over 300 source samples and 500 patches.

With all three instruments users can use their own source samples and they can be interchangeable between the three. It is also interesting to use the .wav output of one as the source for one of the others.

Probably one of the most distinctive features is that psyGEN allows for "TUNED" patches. Neither psyBOX nor Ambitron provide the capability of providing equal temperament, just intonation patches. With psyGEN you can create granular patches that are in tune with other conventional synths.

psyGEN also provides extensive MIDI CC control over virtually all of the parameters for real time control or automation by Host.

Getting the demos is probably the best way to see the differences for yourself.

The psyGEN demo should be available within the next couple of days.
Last edited by Bobbotov on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Karmacomposer wrote:Wow, this looks stellar! I'm buying it the moment it's released (assuming I can afford it). What is the cost going to be?

Mike
Two chickens. :o

Bobbotov wrote:

Mike
Two chickens. :o
Great, the first time I can pay in chicken.
Here's my pre pay

Okay, get your chickens ready because psyGEN is now available:

http://m-rgt.com/index.html

Will update KVR Product and News pages shortly.

I have been waiting for this. You got yourself a customer! I just need to get in front of a pc...
Luftrum
Sound Designer
Lunaris 2 - the premier pads instrument for NI Kontakt Player - pads and pads only...

Got it (big fan of Ambitron)! You're sending these out manually, right? Oh well, going to play with the demo for a bit.

edit: the demo download doesn't contain any samples at all, and the plugin is displaying the "demo" overlay, so there's nothing I can do with it as of right now.

to ariston:

in the text file there is a link were you can download the 269 MB psySamples.rar file for the demo,

jowen wrote:to ariston:

in the text file there is a link were you can download the 269 MB psySamples.rar file for the demo,
Ah, excellent, thanks. A bit confusing, but there ya go.

Studio One 32bit v2.07 crashes when loading psygen demo on the pc.
had a look at the demo with fl studio and it sounds good.
:-)

Downloading at full 57.7kB/s... :zzz:

I have been thinking about using something like this as part of a live performance. I was thinking about using one or two of HG Fortunes plugins, but this looks like it would be much better suited. I don't have time right now to pursue this, but when I do, I am going to try this plugin first.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

JJBiener wrote:I have been thinking about using something like this as part of a live performance. I was thinking about using one or two of HG Fortunes plugins, but this looks like it would be much better suited. I don't have time right now to pursue this, but when I do, I am going to try this plugin first.
Depending on the type of live performance you expect to do Ambitron might also be a possibility. It has a "pilotless" mode which allows for continuous, non-repetitive output by randomizing patches and samples.

Best to demo both and see which works best.

Just WOW! This is much, much better than expected! Already have psyBOX, I'm gonna get psyGEN and Ambitron this week. Excellent job and unbeatable price! :clap: :tu: :wheee:

xx JPRacer xx wrote:Just WOW! This is much, much better than expected! Already have psyBOX, I'm gonna get psyGEN and Ambitron this week. Excellent job and unbeatable price! :clap: :tu: :wheee:
Yes, I highly encourage you to purchase all three synths :) They each do something different and work fantastic together.

Return to “Instruments”