DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really looking forward to this! I use Equality and Compassion all the time and they're great plugins.

DaveGamble wrote:
Aiynzahev wrote:
Oh I just noticed your location. I was born in Truro myself and only recently left there.
I'm 15 mins away from Truro! :D
I live in Bude. Does that qualify me for an extra discount? :D

Seriously though, your EQ 'workstation' will hopefully be the last EQ I buy (I have the bundle, and I haven't bought another compressor since buying Compassion).

Can't wait to see it!

Hey Dave, super excited to learn about the new eq. However, I hope that the parameters in this new eq correspond exactly same to each other in the gui as well as the non-gui mode.

It is a VERY MINOR issue but let me explain. Sometimes i prefer to work with the non-gui version, so I use xlutop chainer to run the the plugins which has a gui(normal) mode as well as a non-gui mode(only the parameters are shown as a list). Now the problem with equality is that the sometimes when the non-gui mode shows a parameter in the off position, it is being shown as active in the gui. example. the eq band on/off buttons.

what i would like to see in a eq is a ear mode, i mean a mode where you remove almost all visual feedback to force people to use their ears ( like when using some hardware eq ) , also a smooth mode, where all bands gain adjustement are divided by 2 just to trick us ,to make the eq appear very smooth and easier to find sweet spot.

also different type of hp/lp filter, 6/12/24/36/48 but with at least 5 different type of filter to cover all situation

Fred_Abstract wrote:what i would like to see in a eq is a ear mode, i mean a mode where you remove almost all visual feedback to force people to use their ears ( like when using some hardware eq ) , also a smooth mode, where all bands gain adjustement are divided by 2 just to trick us ,to make the eq appear very smooth and easier to find sweet spot.

also different type of hp/lp filter, 6/12/24/36/48 but with at least 5 different type of filter to cover all situation
All the above are in already.

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

nice dave look like it s gonna be a must have for me :love:

sunny_j wrote:Hey Dave, super excited to learn about the new eq. However, I hope that the parameters in this new eq correspond exactly same to each other in the gui as well as the non-gui mode.

It is a VERY MINOR issue but let me explain. Sometimes i prefer to work with the non-gui version, so I use xlutop chainer to run the the plugins which has a gui(normal) mode as well as a non-gui mode(only the parameters are shown as a list). Now the problem with equality is that the sometimes when the non-gui mode shows a parameter in the off position, it is being shown as active in the gui. example. the eq band on/off buttons.
Don't really think that's something I really want to support in general, sorry.

The problem you're having with EQuality is one of polarity sense. Does 'on' mean that the band is on, or that the band bypass is on?
I've fixed this in RTAS/AAX, but there's no real support for such a fix in VST.

The situation is much more complex in EQuilibrium, by necessity. YMMV, but this is not a supported usage- I have spent the last three months fairly solidly crafting the finest UI available for this task, and a parameter listing gives me no scope to invent with.

Dave.

Did I miss the price quote ?

Will there be a discount for EQality/EQuick users ?
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

Tp3 wrote:Did I miss the price quote ?

I read that it will not be twice as expensive as Equality and that people that already have EQuality and/or EQuick will have a big discount!

Correct me if I'm mistaken!
Analog Fusion - 99 Studio Electronics SE-3X presets
Analog Wonders - 100 Behringer Pro-800 presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

hmm... another EQ.. my first thought was "meh"
Did I get it right, that it models eq/filter curves? Though no saturation/distortion behaviours? Isn't it possible to create most curves with any digital eq?
Are people who don't like equality/equick the main target group for this EQ or does it offer anything for owners too?
Is it some kind of "mother of EQs" like compassion is "mother of compressors"?
Sorry for this interrogation :D

Dr.Gunjah wrote:hmm... another EQ.. my first thought was "meh"
One to rule them all... or something :D
Did I get it right, that it models eq/filter curves?
A few of 'em.
Though no saturation/distortion behaviours?
Truth be told, there aren't really any interesting saturation/distortion behaviours that are worth including in an EQ.
This is an EQ. THE EQ, if I've met my ambition.
Not a reamping device ;)
Isn't it possible to create most curves with any digital eq?
Sure. That's almost technically true.

But here you get all the Gain-Q interactions from a bunch of interesting things.
Plus the pristine top-end that makes EQuality/EQuick awesome.

Plus you can now have everything parallel.

And then it all goes deeper, and you can get super-precise calibrating stuff, like the impulse response windowing, phase response per-band, ir length/padding and transformations to be applied post-computation.
Are people who don't like equality/equick the main target group for this EQ or does it offer anything for owners too?
The target group for this EQ are people who want the finest money can buy.
Is it some kind of "mother of EQs" like compassion is "mother of compressors"?
Sorry for this interrogation :D
Yes. That's a nice way to think of it.

Now, this list isn't finished yet, but here's some copypaste from the sourcecode that generates the menus of different subtypes for each filtertype:

"DMG","Ox1","Ox2","Ox3","Ox4","110","550","88","32","EE","FlatTop","Butterworth"
"DMG","Coincident","Butterworth","Chebyshev","Bessel","Critical","Legendre","Elliptic","Allpass"
"DMG","110","550","Pultec Boost","Pultec Cut","First Order","Tilt"

Have fun :)

Dave.

I know it's somewhat a special case, but any chance it can run parallel w dry (ala ubk clariphonic)?

solidtrax wrote:
Tp3 wrote:Did I miss the price quote ?

I read that it will not be twice as expensive as Equality and that people that already have EQuality and/or EQuick will have a big discount!

Correct me if I'm mistaken!
Twice as expensive as Equality ?! :-o (even talking in this ballpark can make one dizzy...)

Me still waits for official quote...
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

How hard on cpu? :)

softska wrote:I know it's somewhat a special case, but any chance it can run parallel w dry (ala ubk clariphonic)?
Yeah. Just stick it in Shelves+Peaks->Parallel.

Dave.

Return to “Effects”