ANNOUNCEMENT: Stephen Howell passed away

Archived support for: hollowsun.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It makes me so so sad to hear about Mr Howell's passing. In our wonderful world of music and sounds, he will be greatly missed! My deepest condolances to his family and friends. I truly hope his fantastic creations will live on.

Just have read about it right now... so sad to hear this.
Really unexpected...

He will always be remembered everytime I go for his sounds I collected over the years !

I hope that heaven might hold ready some modular synths for Stephen to play with...

Very sad to find out about Stephen's passing. Like many others, I was a customer of his, enjoyed many of his sample libraries going back many years and we exchanged a number of friendly PMs and emails over the years. Rest in peace, Stephen.

I saw this today over on the SOS site. Really really saddend at the news, and shocked at the suddenness.

R.I.P. Steve
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

EvilDragon wrote:For now, all I can say is that Steve will be greatly missed, and that is an understatement. I am still beyond words and in deep shock as I type this
Mario, my heartfelt condolences to you and Stephen's daughter. I am deeply saddened by this news and can only imagine how those who were close to him are feeling, especially as this was so sudden and unexpected.

R.I.P. :(
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Too sad. His stuff was always interesting and excellent.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

:( This is very sad news.

I always looked forward to the next Hollow Sun release. I don't envisage anyone could fill Stephen's shoes, his libraries were art and he was one of a kind. I just hope that someone keeps the website running and takes over customer service, so that his legacy will live on and so that his family can continue to receive income from his work.

R.I.P Stephen Howell.

R.I.P Steve.
musisikamar.com

shock...an inspiring, generous talent.
r.i.p.

eDrummist wrote:Very sad to find out about Stephen's passing. Like many others, I was a customer of his, enjoyed many of his sample libraries going back many years and we exchanged a number of friendly PMs and emails over the years. Rest in peace, Stephen.
^^^ that ^^^ ... very sad. condolences to all.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

So sad news for his family and all of us who love his work.
Always look on the bright side of life

Very sad news. He has so unique Kontakt Instruments never seen on other websites :(

RIP

For the future, you can make a charity sale where I think many people will buy the stuff and would give money to a charity organisation.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

MillerSam wrote:For the future, you can make a charity sale where I think many people will buy the stuff and would give money to a charity organisation.
I would argue that Steve's family is going to need the help, too, and it makes more sense to do something with regards to that.

EvilDragon wrote:
MillerSam wrote:For the future, you can make a charity sale where I think many people will buy the stuff and would give money to a charity organisation.
I would argue that Steve's family is going to need the help, too, and it makes more sense to do something with regards to that.
+1 to that.

Return to “Hollow Sun”