DeeComp - WOW!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DeeComp

The developer is in the band (I enjoyed their music actually), they are well known
in japan and they claim this plugin to be their secret weapon.
There is some logic in that often if you don't charge a high price, folks will think something cheap.
Even devs like Klanghelm and DDMF go out of their way to say that:
just because their stuff is affordable, doesn't mean its not high quality.
...So there must be something to it.

I like it, although I'm not going to pay that much for it, because its not worth
that much to me. That doesn't mean others will feel the same way.

Its their prerogative to charge what they feel its worth, if you don't agree
then don't buy it. Who knows, it might be selling like hotcakes in Japan
and therefore they may have priced it wisely. If its priced too high to
generate any sales here, then they will learn that soon enough.

-Cheers

For just 49 less than pro c standard first time fab filter buyer price it really has to be out of this world. I don't agree with devs reply.. If plugins were still priced the way that were in 2003, sure.
But too many amazing tools for less so it has to stand out. I'm surprised even more so by the reply because I was asking what made it different or special and got no reply about the product itself. Weird. Put me right off even though I doubt devs intention was to come across short, that's how it felt to me. When there's a topic where all but a couple of posters are making a joke of the product and I try to shift the tone of the thread and get serious about it, and get that reply... Well...to be frank that reply actually invites the whole topic to just become a "making fun of" again, like the dev himself added to the joke! :?

oh, I misunderstanding about "cheaper option".
does it means "discount"?
I was mistaken as "cheap edition".
sorry!
but I think it has worth over $99.

I can tell them about price.
How much cheaper option do you want?

and I'm not well at english. sorry.

5onar wrote:I can tell them about price.
How much cheaper option do you want?

and I'm not well at english. sorry.

oh, so you are not the plug in developer? Sorry then.

If English is difficult for you, my apologies.

What I am trying to ask, is what makes compressor special vs plugins like klanghelm which are 1/6th of the price.

TheoM wrote: oh, so you are not the plug in developer? Sorry then.

If English is difficult for you, my apologies.

What I am trying to ask, is what makes compressor special vs plugins like klanghelm which are 1/6th of the price.
I'm not developer, but I know them very well in japan.
I seems,They have not made ​​it as a product to vs other plugin.

When I told them about HP.
They said "OK, I'll do it. It is right."
They are always serious about making music.

TheoM wrote:What I am trying to ask, is what makes compressor special vs plugins like klanghelm which are 1/6th of the price.
In my opinion Klanghelm under-prices quite markedly (I think they're worth quite a bit more!) which, in turn, makes it unfair to draw comparison to. Also, price is indicative of how much a developer values their product (and hence themselves) and also places it in the market they want to appeal to. It's not just about financial gain.
Last edited by do_androids_dream on Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

do_androids_dream wrote:
TheoM wrote:What I am trying to ask, is what makes compressor special vs plugins like klanghelm which are 1/6th of the price.
In my opinion Klanghelm under-prices quite markedly which, in turn, makes it unfair to draw comparison to. Also, price is indicative of how much a developer values their product (and hence themselves) and also places it in the market they want to appeal to. It's not just about financial gain.
I don't know if I would say the price a developer charges is necessarily proportionate to what they feel the value is. With so many programs being cracked and pirated, Klanghelm may possibly feel that pricing his products where even starving bedroom musicians can scrape together a few bucks to purchase a full version, may be a better strategy in a flooded plug-in market with plenty of warez users. If DeeComp isn't already cracked, It's only a matter of time before it is.

The other thing to consider- is that most companies are charging a license fee to use their software commercially. You're also paying for the elaborate copy protection they utilize along with dongles or license keys. Klanghelm and sknote don't use copy protection schemes, so that gives them lower overhead not having to deal with the issues that can bring. It's been said by a poster, that DeeComp is aimed at professionals, not common folks indulging their passion, so- you're paying to use it commercially?

pc2000 wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
In my opinion Klanghelm under-prices quite markedly which, in turn, makes it unfair to draw comparison to. Also, price is indicative of how much a developer values their product (and hence themselves) and also places it in the market they want to appeal to. It's not just about financial gain.
I don't know if I would say the price a developer charges is necessarily proportionate to what they feel the value is. With so many programs being cracked and pirated, Klanghelm may possibly feel that pricing his products where even starving bedroom musicians can scrape together a few bucks to purchase a full version, may be a better strategy in a flooded plug-in market with plenty of warez users. If DeeComp isn't already cracked, It's only a matter of time before it is.

The other thing to consider- is that most companies are charging a license fee to use their software commercially. You're also paying for the elaborate copy protection they utilize along with dongles or license keys. Klanghelm and sknote don't use copy protection schemes, so that gives them lower overhead not having to deal with the issues that can bring. It's been said by a poster, that DeeComp is aimed at professionals, not common folks indulging their passion, so- you're paying to use it commercially?
Yes I do understand that the state of the market (and ones own financial situation) obviously has to come into decisions about pricing. I can only relate it to my own experience where I received a few fairly angry emails from fellow engineers who felt I was pricing far too low (when I first started out) as they, quite rightly, pointed out that someone who charges super low prices in comparison to competitors does the market more harm than good plus it undervalues skills. A lose-lose situation overall (that I quickly rectified).

I haven't purchased any plugins from Klanghelm or purchased Deecomp but, yes, I would be using them commercially if I did.

posted in error! (for some reason I'm hitting reply instead of edit sometimes!)

so how about someone else besides me actually try the demo and see if they like the plugin?

Sorry, can't do that. Too busy with Pro-C 2...

e@rs wrote:Sorry, can't do that. Too busy with Pro-C 2...
and mjuc 8)

The GUI makes me think of some old RadioShack gear.

Return to “Effects”