klip by Sample Magic (XX- - Discontinued - -XX)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Expansions tekno minimal please :love:

Minimal, really? You can make minimal techno out of the box with what Klip already offers. No need for expansion- it includes 4000 samples. I will tell you easy way to make minimal techno: you step record 4 kicks per measure, HH on off beat and 16 notes closed HH, and then copy it 150 times. Then you throw bass line on off beat and throw occasional chords made of Organ sound and risers or air. May be a pad once in a while. And female vocal samples with random phrases. That does not require expansion. You use what- 5 sounds per song? You have 4000 samples included.

I have seen Sample Logic products over the year and they always sounded out of date. I am usually compulsive buyer, I can afford to buy new releases and frequently buy synths on the release date. But with Klip, I am waiting because I am afraid to get more outdated samples that i already have tones on my hard drive. I listened some demos of your samples releases. Many of them would sound good for 1992 House music. I am in my 40s, I collected samples from when i was in my 20s, and your samples remind me what was available in 1990-2000, up to 2004. I am not saying Dubstep music is what everybody should listen, but Dubstep contains new sounds that take programing to make. They are not easy to make. I am looking for sounds that I dont have. The progress has to move forward. We are here to move in to the future, progress and develop. It is great that you made such a nice sequencer. But if you trying to sale us the old samples that nobody will buy as samples any more, then it is not helpful. You have to innovate, and I would call your sequencer innovative, but if you use old samples and call it "Minimal" techno, or "House" because they sound like 90s when music was simple and underdeveloped, then it only will put music 20 years back. Nobody wakes up and says, "Today- I dont want to hear all these beautiful chords progressions, melodies, arrangements, arpeggios, falls/raisers- i just want to hear empty drum track". Minimal anything exists because someone is not able to fill it. When I listen minimal anything, I want to take that track and add great sounds to it, apply awesome effects to it, make it move, wooble, brease, arpeggiate, play chords, melodies and rhythms. So, please, no more minimal. You already have 4000 samples, and from your Demos, I did not hear anything impressive. Could you, please, post 10 impressive sounds from Klip library? 10 sounds that you are proud of and can say, "These sounds took a lot of programming, we know- nobody else has them?" I want to use your sound in the song and have people on the dance floor say, "Wow! That feels awesome! How did they do it? I need another drink!" Not, "What time is it? How many more hours of this do we have to wait through until the main act comes on stage?" So, please, demo showcasing 10 complicated sounds that we never heard that you created and programmed that will drive the dance floor. Thank you.

Firstly they are Sample Magic not Sample Logic. They are two wildly different companies. You state you are in your 40s. Yes you clearly are as you have absolutely zero clue about electronic music. 95% of what comes out of Berlin/ Berghain etc is very minimal, and retro leaning in nature and it makes thousands more people dance than the crap you've posted on your Soundcloud link. Why not actually listen to the product demos they have put up. I did, and bought the instrument - in addition to the drum hits and vintage machine hits there are hundreds of chillwave esque pads, chords,detailed musical loops, vocals, live piano and much more aside. So please my friend, lay off the meds and stop talking dogshit x

thesampleguru wrote:Firstly they are Sample Magic not Sample Logic. They are two wildly different companies. You state you are in your 40s. Yes you clearly are as you have absolutely zero clue about electronic music. 95% of what comes out of Berlin/ Berghain etc is very minimal, and retro leaning in nature and it makes thousands more people dance than the crap you've posted on your Soundcloud link. Why not actually listen to the product demos they have put up. I did, and bought the instrument - in addition to the drum hits and vintage machine hits there are hundreds of chillwave esque pads, chords,detailed musical loops, vocals, live piano and much more aside. So please my friend, lay off the meds and stop talking dogshit x
I am not on meds. The music you hear on my profile was made in 2006, released in 2008, and it is a matter of taste. But even 10 years later it still standing if you look at it from arrangement standpoint. Those are all hardware synths- that was before software synths era, and it cost $2500 for Access Virus to have 4 banks of synth sounds. And that was before my interest in Dubstep and Complextro.

I dont know what you listening. I listening "A State Of Trance", this is weekly 2 hours show that plays the latest and greatest in Trance and progressive, with Armin VanBuuren who won DJ Mag Top100 DJ in Trance category and who is #3 in the world right now. https://djmag.com/top100djs . There is nothing minimalistic about ASOT. This is a free show, it also on Youtube brodcasted live from their studio every week. Good stuff. But if you look at Top 40 list, you will not see much minimalistic DJs. You said- 95%? I dont think so. You need to search for better DJ- your Spotify recommendations sent to you based on what you already listening. If you listen minimal, they will offer you minimal and you will think 95% of music is like this. It is not.

But Expansion for Minimal Techno is oxymoron in itself, especially when you talking about the instrument with 4000 samples. Minimal Techno requires 5 sounds per song. The Complextro requires sound change on every beat, so for 4 measures part, you will need 16 sounds or 16 samples.

I did listen for the product demos. I did not hear anything I dont already have between my Kontakt collection and my software synths collection. Nothing stood out. If you heard something you never heard- please, point it out. Which demo at what time?

Astralv wrote:Many of them would sound good for 1992 House music. I am in my 40s, I collected samples from when i was in my 20s, and your samples remind me what was available in 1990-2000, up to 2004.

Minimal, really? You can make minimal techno out of the box with what Klip already offers. No need for expansion- it includes 4000 samples. I will tell you easy way to make minimal techno: you step record 4 kicks per measure, HH on off beat and 16 notes closed HH, and then copy it 150 times. Then you throw bass line on off beat and throw occasional chords made of Organ sound and risers or air. May be a pad once in a while. And female vocal samples with random phrases. That does not require expansion. You use what- 5 sounds per song?
You really think that ? :)

It is exaggeration, but yes, sorry. No offence. If it has more it is not minimal.

Astralv wrote:Minimal, really? You can make minimal techno out of the box with what Klip already offers. No need for expansion- it includes 4000 samples. I will tell you easy way to make minimal techno: you step record 4 kicks per measure, HH on off beat and 16 notes closed HH, and then copy it 150 times. Then you throw bass line on off beat and throw occasional chords made of Organ sound and risers or air. May be a pad once in a while. And female vocal samples with random phrases. That does not require expansion. You use what- 5 sounds per song? You have 4000 samples included.

I have seen Sample Logic products over the year and they always sounded out of date. I am usually compulsive buyer, I can afford to buy new releases and frequently buy synths on the release date. But with Klip, I am waiting because I am afraid to get more outdated samples that i already have tones on my hard drive. I listened some demos of your samples releases. Many of them would sound good for 1992 House music. I am in my 40s, I collected samples from when i was in my 20s, and your samples remind me what was available in 1990-2000, up to 2004. I am not saying Dubstep music is what everybody should listen, but Dubstep contains new sounds that take programing to make. They are not easy to make. I am looking for sounds that I dont have. The progress has to move forward. We are here to move in to the future, progress and develop. It is great that you made such a nice sequencer. But if you trying to sale us the old samples that nobody will buy as samples any more, then it is not helpful. You have to innovate, and I would call your sequencer innovative, but if you use old samples and call it "Minimal" techno, or "House" because they sound like 90s when music was simple and underdeveloped, then it only will put music 20 years back. Nobody wakes up and says, "Today- I dont want to hear all these beautiful chords progressions, melodies, arrangements, arpeggios, falls/raisers- i just want to hear empty drum track". Minimal anything exists because someone is not able to fill it. When I listen minimal anything, I want to take that track and add great sounds to it, apply awesome effects to it, make it move, wooble, brease, arpeggiate, play chords, melodies and rhythms. So, please, no more minimal. You already have 4000 samples, and from your Demos, I did not hear anything impressive. Could you, please, post 10 impressive sounds from Klip library? 10 sounds that you are proud of and can say, "These sounds took a lot of programming, we know- nobody else has them?" I want to use your sound in the song and have people on the dance floor say, "Wow! That feels awesome! How did they do it? I need another drink!" Not, "What time is it? How many more hours of this do we have to wait through until the main act comes on stage?" So, please, demo showcasing 10 complicated sounds that we never heard that you created and programmed that will drive the dance floor. Thank you.
This is my favorite response ever.

+1 for more creative and unusual sound pack :wink:

The same sound packs SM promised Stacker buyers...

I have no idea who Simmo75 is but he definitely has a personal vendetta against Sample Magic. Please do not take his views or opinions in any way as impartial or balanced. Every single post he has made is a negative review or gripe about Sample Magic or its products. Rival developer perhaps? Seems that way.

thesampleguru wrote:I have no idea who Simmo75 is but he definitely has a personal vendetta against Sample Magic. Please do not take his views or opinions in any way as impartial or balanced. Every single post he has made is a negative review or gripe about Sample Magic or its products. Rival developer perhaps? Seems that way.
Every single post I’ve made is what now?...
You absolute bell end! That’s a completely false accusation and you can take that back and people, please feel free to read my my posts and comments, I think you’ll see who’s ‘impartial’
Get a f**king grip man! They made promises they didn’t keep.

thesampleguru wrote:I have no idea who Simmo75 is but he definitely has a personal vendetta against Sample Magic. Please do not take his views or opinions in any way as impartial or balanced. Every single post he has made is a negative review or gripe about Sample Magic or its products. Rival developer perhaps? Seems that way.
Looks at Simmo75's post count
Over 500 posts? Seems like a lot if s/he only posts about Sample Magic
Clicks username, "search user's posts"
Uh, no other posts about Sample Magic on the first couple of pages.

Well that was laughably easy to disprove. Who's the one talking rubbish again?

imrae wrote:
Looks at Simmo75's post count
Over 500 posts? Seems like a lot if s/he only posts about Sample Magic
Clicks username, "search user's posts"
Uh, no other posts about Sample Magic on the first couple of pages.

Well that was laughably easy to disprove. Who's the one talking rubbish again?
:tu:

Hmm, $46 for this at Audio Deluxe, while I'm not really into making minimal techno, I am enjoying obliterating
the sound that comes out of the demo with various sound manglers I have in my possession. It's temptingly inexpensive
atm...

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”