TX16Wx 3.6 beta - new features - now with native Apple silicon support (new build 2023-03-03)

Official support for: tx16wx.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

REX Shared Library incompatibility between different plugins causing one or other to stop reading REX and RX2 files (mentioned earlier), I've worked out what seems to be happening in more detail and have a suggested change for TX16Wx that would make it more robust...

The issue came up for me with UVI Workstation (which I'd used in previous tracks for REX loops) which seems to, on Windows at least, use the default location for REX Libraries in Common Files and then searches using the Windows PATH. UVI Workstation therefore finds the library from \Program Files\Common Files\Propollerhead Software\Rex library before the one it had installed in \Windows\System32 and, as it was built using v1.7 of the REX Library, loading v1.8 seems to break it. I have also reported this to UVI as they should also be more robust. There may be other plugins out there which have a similar problem.

Given the small amount of space taken by the REX Library, could change the location of the REX Library for TX16Wx to a dedicated location (maybe the location used for skins) so it completely independent of other plugins/software that may need (or overwrite) different versions of the REX Library.

This approach does seem to be how many developers are doing it e.g. Cakewalk, Steinberg for Cubase, etc. where they all have their own locations for the REX "shared" library.

TX installs REX library optionally, and in the correct location. There is a big blurb in the SDK docs/agreements about where to put it and how. IIRC, changing this would even break the licence conditions.
TX should in general be fine with either 1.7 or 1.8, so if you really need to, just unclick REX in the installer. If a REX library is already installed, TX should pick it up.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

OK, wasn't aware of the licence conditions (and therefore the "bad" behaviour of others ;-)) and really good that TX will use either - that certainly makes things easier

... in the meantime, will keep on pushing UVI to fix their issues with REX as well, as no software should break with these sorts of shared libraries

Return to “CWITEC”