Harmony Bloom by Mario Nieto (MIDI plugin)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Harmony Bloom

Does this work in Logic Pro? Thanks :tu:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:22 pm Does this work in Logic Pro? Thanks :tu:
yes :wink:

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:06 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:22 pm Does this work in Logic Pro? Thanks :tu:
Thanks!

But it’s not a MIDI plugin, no.

Also, is it true that I won’t be able to record the MIDI notes on Logic for later editing?

Sorry. I’m a MIDI plugin noob :(

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:55 pm
Thanks!

Also, is it true that I won’t be able to record the MIDI notes on Logic for later editing?

Works as a MIDI plugin for me in Logic. If you want to edit further, you need to capture the MIDI first, then use the hand to drag it into the timeline
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

ians wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:33 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:55 pm
Thanks!

Works as a MIDI plugin for me in Logic. If you want to edit further, you need to capture the MIDI first, then use the hand to drag it into the timeline
Thanks!

Yeah, I've worked out how to use the capture thing. But I wasn’t sure if this was a MIDI plugin. Can't access my computer at the moment and couldn’t seem to be able to get hold of the manual. Tried again now, but had to go through code verification with Dropbox to unlock manual…and still have to wait for it to be sent via another mail (not yet received)

Never had to work so hard just to look at a manual. So much security. Perhaps it contains a Wonka Gold ticket :wink:

Thanks again :tu:

Hey, Harmony Bloom is distributed as VST3 and as AU Midi effect, regarding the manual it seems that there is some problem with the link, I will leave another link here, which I think will work for you, even so, if you have any questions I can answer them for you here.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rwz5o9dt ... w3gp1&dl=0

Best

MarioNietoWorld wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:31 pm Hey, Harmony Bloom is distributed as VST3 and as AU Midi effect, regarding the manual it seems that there is some problem with the link, I will leave another link here, which I think will work for you, even so, if you have any questions I can answer them for you here.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/rwz5o9dt ... w3gp1&dl=0

Best
Ah, thanks. Much appreciated. Great that it’s an AU MIDI effect. Should be a breeze to use.

Will let you know if I have any further questions :tu:

Hey! Following some of your suggestions I have been working on a new version, the version is now available. Thanks for the feedback!

Free for users who already have it. Just need to log into your account at www.marionietoworld.com

Here's what's new:

Link Play With Transport DAW: When active, Play/Pause will be automatically controlled by the DAW.

Introduced Velocity Range Controller with V.MIN and V.MAX for setting minimum and maximum note velocities, and a Randomize Velocity button for dynamic, human-like velocity variation within defined limits. Perfect for nuanced control and expressive playback.

New Probability Function: This function enables the creation of dynamic and randomized musical patterns by triggering notes according to a specified probability percentage. A setting of 0% indicates that there is no chance of notes being triggered, while 100% ensures that notes will be triggered with certainty.

The Speed Offset parameter controls the timing between notes: for values from 0.0 to 1.0, notes progressively speed up from the center outward; for values between 0.0 and -1.0, notes slow down from the center outward.

Added 3 more options to loop Length: 32, 64, and 128. This allows the notes to take much more time to complete a loop.

New button to turn the display of lines between notes on or off.

In Standalone, it is now possible to select the MIDI output Device and Channel.

Added new Chromatic note Collection.

Now, when my keyboard is off, we can control the transposition (N.Min) of the generated sequence from the incoming MIDI.

Improved N.Length controller: The circular loading feature has been modified to stop at the first or last option, preventing the automatic reload to the opposite end. This change ensures sequences do not speed up or slow down abruptly, allowing only adjacent options to be selected without cycling through the list.

Expose Trigger Bars: Now it's possible to automate the state of the trigger bars from the DAW.

CC Control for Trigger Bars: Now it's possible to control the state of the trigger bars from the midi CC messages.

Expose Midi Capture Button:: Now it's possible to automate the state of the Midi Capture Button from the DAW.

CC Control for Midi Capture Button: Now it's possible to control the state of the Midi Capture from the midi CC messages.

Fixed Bug: controlling the N.Length from the DAW.

Awesome! Many thanks, Mario.

--
Marco

Fantastic additions to an already fantastic product.

Awesome work, Mario.

That makes it just about perfect for me, but I've tried to download the Mac version 3 times & each time I can't open the Zip file? 'Decompression Failed'

Anyone confirm this?
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

Thank you very much for the messages, I hope you enjoy it :)

About the problem with zip file, Im aware of that problem, I have changed the zip to, directly, the uncompressed installer. If anyone continues to have problems with the installer, please write me an email to mario@marionietoworld.com and I will send another link.

Fantastic update Mario!! Hope you have got some more exposure and get your product known. Make sure you send messages to a few Youtube influencers so that you get a solid user base.

Cheers!
bM
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Okay, possible bug report here :D

I left the sequencer running after I found a combination of parameters I really liked, and after a while I came back to find out there weren't as many notes playing as I expected.

More precisely, several of the trigger bars had pretty much stopped triggering notes, though some round of notes still went through on occasion. Stopping then restarting the sequencer made all the trigger bars functional again, although the behavior above still happened after a few minutes or so.

Not being sure if it had anything to do with me fiddling around with the parameters, I tried and replicate it with one of the presets; it turns out "Wait me in the forest" also starts dropping notes after 6+ minutes, or roughly 120+ bars @85bpm. So I guess it wasn't my sequence after all.

Can anyone else give it a try and see if it happens to you as well?

EDIT: after 9-10 minutes the host shut off all of a sudden.
EDIT 2: restarting the host seems to have fixed the issue, should it happen again I'll try and do a screen recording.
EDIT 3: back @85bpm, this is a cut of the 6+ minutes session, notes start dropping around the 1 minute mark https://streamable.com/bh1gjg (expires in two days)

Regards,

--
Marco

vulpes777 wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:11 pm Okay, possible bug report here :D

I left the sequencer running after I found a combination of parameters I really liked, and after a while I came back to find out there weren't as many notes playing as I expected.

More precisely, several of the trigger bars had pretty much stopped triggering notes, though some round of notes still went through on occasion. Stopping then restarting the sequencer made all the trigger bars functional again, although the behavior above still happened after a few minutes or so.

Not being sure if it had anything to do with me fiddling around with the parameters, I tried and replicate it with one of the presets; it turns out "Wait me in the forest" also starts dropping notes after 6+ minutes, or roughly 120+ bars @85bpm. So I guess it wasn't my sequence after all.

Can anyone else give it a try and see if it happens to you as well?

EDIT: after 9-10 minutes the host shut off all of a sudden.
EDIT 2: restarting the host seems to have fixed the issue, should it happen again I'll try and do a screen recording.
EDIT 3: back @85bpm, this is a cut of the 6+ minutes session, notes start dropping around the 1 minute mark https://streamable.com/bh1gjg (expires in two days)

Regards,

--
Marco
Oh! Indeed, there's a bug there! I'll get to fixing it first thing tomorrow. Thank you for the details and the video!

Return to “Instruments”