Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

please don´t mind the weird voices.
I bet he does not even have the full version.
You can´t comfort everyone. You don´t give any information people are pissed.
You give them some infos and some are gonna be pissed too.

I´m glad for any info. Avenger is awesome and i would like to thank you for being here.

msvs is a talented sound designer. There's also a certain dose of arrogance in his posts. I'm only allowing myself to say this 'cause I've been on this forum for a couple of years longer than him.

Being humble will get you more sales. Urs is the master in this respect. ;)

izonin wrote:msvs is a talented sound designer. There's also a certain dose of arrogance in his posts. I'm only allowing myself to say this 'cause I've been on this forum for a couple of years longer than him.

Being humble will get you more sales. Urs is the master in this respect. ;)
Sorry totally disagree, Manuel has been informative polite despite other posters basically feeling entitled to say anything they want to him. Agreed the Urs is the master but has been known to up the ante when necessary. :D The synth will be ready when it is ready , simple . We are not talking Slate like delays here ffs.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Sorry totally disagree, Manuel has been informative polite despite other posters basically feeling entitled to say anything they want to him. Agreed the Urs is the master but has been known to up the ante when necessary. :D The synth will be ready when it is ready , simple . We are not talking Slate like delays here ffs.
+1 and by the way I personaly like to hear the truth forthright ... and big respect for an outstanding product, which speaks for itself... in features, price and support :tu:

Not specifically talking about Avenger, but this is hole that the developers themselves dug and jumped into. If you talk about upcoming features, you are doing marketing for something that is not part of the product. If you get annoyed by getting impatient people asking when - maybe you shouldn't have talked about it in the first place.

Akai recently released their new MPC Live. It's a cool piece of hardware, but on the box it's written it supports Bluetooth and Wifi - which it does not. It will probably come in a future update - but if you advertise or talk about features that doesn't exist for the end user - it's not rocket science to figure out that you will be bombarded with the question when.

Again - not speaking about Avenger here - but it's worth remembering that one should never buy anything for something that might come. Only buy for what is. The rest is just marketing to keep interest up for the product.

/C
BROKEN TECHNO for OMNISPHERE
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:Not specifically talking about Avenger, but this is hole that the developers themselves dug and jumped into. If you talk about upcoming features, you are doing marketing for something that is not part of the product. If you get annoyed by getting impatient people asking when - maybe you shouldn't have talked about it in the first place.

Akai recently released their new MPC Live. It's a cool piece of hardware, but on the box it's written it supports Bluetooth and Wifi - which it does not. It will probably come in a future update - but if you advertise or talk about features that doesn't exist for the end user - it's not rocket science to figure out that you will be bombarded with the question when.

Again - not speaking about Avenger here - but it's worth remembering that one should never buy anything for something that might come. Only buy for what is. The rest is just marketing to keep interest up for the product.

/C
+1 Don't show or talk about features if you don't want people to ask for more infos or release dates.

I recently read a thread about their sampler on Gearslutz. It was the same situation, teasing till there's no tomorrow but getting annoyed about questions at the same time (btw it then was released more than a year later :lol: ). Seems to be their marketing policy.

geezzz...

manuel never said at the beginning granular synthesis etc.
he instead just added and adds more and more. and when he said it comes it was added!!!!

I hate that people get more features and just want more and even talk bad! wtf!?

im so grateful manuel listens and considers here nearly every idea. this even doesnt do 95% other companies!!!!

my support they have and hope they wont stop because some ranting ppl here never get satisfied!

manuel, thx! go on buddy! i will suck up the new features and dont stop this awesome support.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Yes Manuel. Tease us as much as you like, take as long as it takes. Thank you.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W11, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

Oh my...! Let the man work in peace. Why always complain when you get such a fine feature in the next update. If you can not wait, buy a few expansion in the meantime. Yes, they are worth their money!
Teaser videos are everywhere, in the film business, in the game industry etc. It's fun to watch it all and I do not complain that eg a videogame appears 2 years later after watching the trailer the first time. As I said, every update is a little gift for every Avenger user, so let us be happy with what we have at this time.
Every company lives by marketing. Without this we would have neither great plugins of vengeance nor any updates with granular synthesis.

hvyen wrote:Oh my...! Let the man work in peace. Why always complain when you get such a fine feature in the next update. If you can not wait, buy a few expansion in the meantime. Yes, they are worth their money!
Teaser videos are everywhere, in the film business, in the game industry etc. It's fun to watch it all and I do not complain that eg a videogame appears 2 years later after watching the trailer the first time. As I said, every update is a little gift for every Avenger user, so let us be happy with what we have at this time.
Every company lives by marketing. Without this we would have neither great plugins of vengeance nor any updates with granular synthesis.
I agree with all of what you said. I also love teasers - from everything from new music gear to movies to games. Love it. I'm just saying that if you say "something cool is coming soon" you should be prepared to get the question when. If that bothers you as a developer - again speaking generally - you should probably not do teasers, because that question is pretty much inevitable. Especially if that something is coming in a form of a free update.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:
hvyen wrote:Oh my...! Let the man work in peace. Why always complain when you get such a fine feature in the next update. If you can not wait, buy a few expansion in the meantime. Yes, they are worth their money!
I agree with all of what you said. I also love teasers - from everything from new music gear to movies to games. Love it. I'm just saying that if you say "something cool is coming soon" you should be prepared to get the question when. If that bothers you as a developer - again speaking generally - you should probably not do teasers, because that question is pretty much inevitable. Especially if that something is coming in a form of a free update.

/C
Manuel did not mind being asked about the release date of this new update, but he was annoyed by the unfriendly comments of users complaining and pressing for a release date.

Now, in something I give you the reason, I remember very well that a little more than two weeks ago, Manuel said that the update was to be released in a couple of weeks (2 weeks) and still not released.

This may be what triggered some negative feedback from Avenger users.

For my part, I have no problem (even if it takes a couple of months to release the new version). But all I want is that this thread does not turn into a 5 year marketig like Urs is doing with Zebra3. :oops:

goleat wrote:I remember very well that a little more than two weeks ago, Manuel said that the update was to be released in a couple of weeks (2 weeks) and still not released.

This may be what triggered some negative feedback from Avenger users.

For my part, I have no problem (even if it takes a couple of months to release the new version). But all I want is that this thread does not turn into a 5 year marketig like Urs is doing with Zebra3. :oops:
Yeah, that's how software development is I guess. It always takes longer time than you expect/want. Re Zebra 3 - haha, yes I agree - that's a weird one. Urs seems to be easily sidetracked with new projects, but weirdly enough I never felt any hostility towards him for that. Or maybe I just haven't been on that thread for some time (years?) :)

/C

At release, a lot of people complained that Avenger was full of bugs and that the release was rushed. Now, Manuel takes his time before releasing the granular update to fix the bugs before release, and a lot of people complain about the delay.

Well, I guess you can't please everyone...

Ryan99 wrote:At release, a lot of people complained that Avenger was full of bugs and that the release was rushed. Now, Manuel takes his time before releasing the granular update to fix the bugs before release, and a lot of people complain about the delay.

Well, I guess you can't please everyone...
i think the complaining is more about the teasing (with a timeframe for the release) of things which aren't finished yet. and then seeing a dev getting annoyed by questions about it. its not about the very necessary testing and bugfixing.

Caine123 wrote:I hate that people get more features and just want more and even talk bad! wtf!?
I totally agree. Feature requests and questions are one thing, inflammatory comments from dissident malcontents is another. These developer threads are always pervaded by this type of negativity. New features will come when they come. There is a lifetime of use in it as it is. Release promises always have to be taken with a grain of salt. Things happen. Life goes on. Remember, a watched pot never boils.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”