One Synth Challenge #104 - Zebralette by u-he (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebralette

I wasn't expect to be scored so high. I'm so surprised but also kind of happy :oops: . Congrats to all not just to those on higher place for their hard work. Also I'm happy for Photonic that he was able to find another job.

For the prize I take "nothing" just your comments and likes on my track. Thank you.

Taron wrote:Oh god, oh dear...I'm really itching badly to show you two new sounds I made, which really...hmm...how should I say: I don't know, if they are as incredible as I think/feel they are, but if my feeling doesn't betray me, they are quite outstanding.
Are they using custom waveforms, or just factory waveforms? Will you be using them in your composition?
And, Bob, I have actually already begun considering to create a soundset. If I can maintain this sort of touch for a big enough variety of instruments that belong in this kind of world, then it would be quite awesome! I'm even looking out for making them as easy on the CPU as possible! :D
Now, this really doesn't surprise me ... go Taron go!

dB

Hmmm, I was planning on making a very special point about the tremendous power of the default sawtooth, hehe, and the staggering powers of the harmonic filter. So, yes, besides the custom waveform for the harmonic filter, I stuck with factory waveforms for the oscillators, but I shouldn't derail this thread with this, I think. Maybe we'll resume it on the 105 thread or even thorn's itself?

Zebralette has outstanding powers, of course, but as similar as it actually does appear, it has a very, very different set of skills than Thorn does. I wouldn't mind a closer observation, but then this wouldn't quite be fair. One would probably have to put Zebra and Thorn next to each other, yet, that, too, wouldn't be quite right.

Above all, I'm very excited that we actually have synths around to be very thrilled about and the OSC fulfills one of its great powers again, introducing us to them or letting us rediscover gems. :hyper:

it was a very nice osc month, a lot of nice music :phones:
Photonic, i m happy for all that good news ! - and thanks for making and sharing your superb music-
thanks to Taron, Peter and Daru too, for sharing your knowledge and presets.
congratulation too all the participants, and for all the comments, positive or negatives,
and thanks to BJ and U-he.
i will take Diversion for the prize, i would like to test this beast . :wink:
see you the next month :tu: :clap:

Ok, I choose Synthmaster One then. And I am pretty ok with publishing on that spotify/itunes thing done by rghvdberg btw. :ud:

Taron wrote: ... Maybe we'll resume it on the 105 thread or even thorn's itself?
Yup, let's start talking on #105. I agree, using a standard waveform, you can work wonders with the HF - and even with the factory waveforms too! Clever stuff Dmitry. :tu: :tu:

dB

Some really interesting sounds and presets - thanks for sharing. I missed voting, my bad. I'm sorry.
yzcoruhT

Loved this round. Couldn't help but jam along to Meakaale's groove and I kept jamming down the list even past ilmai's Dmaj which is a rare one for me and into all kinds of unexpected key changes along the way. Other favorites were by Hokey, Action Cat, bh9090, Saukar, Dee.P.Tree, Sidom, jmq, lokken, Generaldiomedes, The Never Scene, Local Man, Eraze the Borders, PeterH, TrojakEW with the awesome realistic instrumentation and fx, Darksynth FX with a pop vibe that I was never a fan of but somehow is done so well here that it’s absolutely adorable, and Taron with the drums hitting harder than usual, really enjoyed that and the end which reminded me of one of my old submissions that did terribly 8) - Lots of people here just have developed that magic touch. Ofc it's also interesting to hear people with a love for contemporary stuff and the ability to do it at all (cpu) costs, from the likes of ghost, condom and yolo. There's really no playing along to bass growls that are too long which reveals the fine line between musicality and effects that just sound cool - that literally killed my jam. :hihi:

There were others with awesome groves, despite rough mixes, which are still very inspiring! Thanks everyone, for participating. :clap:
quick, _ake what you want in life

Return to “Instruments”